Lips

One-shot / Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany's POV

 

Jessie's lips pursed as though in slow motion. A corner pulled up slowly. She was smiling. In my mind I drew a circle around her lips, tracing the outline of them to forever imprint in my mind. The unattainable.

I knew I was staring. I always realized it when I did, as I did with anything. The slightest brush of her fingers over my arm made goosebumps rise all over my body. When Jessie put her head on my shoulder, I longed to take her hand. I refused to sit next to her in movies; I could never concentrate. As I noticed, I was sure she did as well. But I stayed on the edge. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I pushed the limit until others noticed, then pulled back. And I noticed, every time that I threatened to cross it, the edge became too little for me.

I dreamed of Jessie. My mind became a broken record, spinning endless circles around her. It was spinning out of control, and I could not bring it back. The song of my mind as the record turned was a well-known melody to my heart by then. It never changed. It never ended.

My fantasies became more intense with every passing day. New mini album were coming up. I barely noticed. I tried desperately to bring my mind back to reality, to leave the daydreams as they were, but even the night before, I spent my time wondering what she was doing. What was going through her mind. I realized I had become a lovesick teenager, a hurt puppy, longing to love and be loved. It wasn't any kind of lust any more. It had never been. Through love, I wanted Jessie.

We were best friends. It had always been enough. It should be enough. It was enough for everyone else, for all other members. They never suspected. But they had no reason to. It was not them that I thought of, that I obsessed over. It was Jessie.

Obsesse

Please log in to read the full chapter