Ghostly Lover

One-shot / Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

She watched the snow drift down through her barely viable window, the moment perfect and silent everything lost in time and space and she counted ’1... 2... 3...’ Moments like this where what you read about in books you watched in movies, they never really happened so she took the time to condemn the moment to allow it to be imprisoned within her mind forever.

She stiffened as she heard the floor creek behind her, neither moving or breathing she closed her eyes, each moment like this one she wished but she knew it couldn’t be, she knew she couldn’t see this, she couldn't feel this, she couldn’t hear this. “You’ve been gone longer this time” the voice was a breathe, making little sound but leaving a mark so deep it awakened cuts and scares long ago healed and burried. She turn her head, over her shoulder she saw only what she wanted to see nothing else, she saw no office she was standing in, no door out to the hall no light that shone down on her, just the woman the beautiful elegant woman taking up the space as the air shimmered around her.

She sighed , neither hope nor dream could ever keep the memory untainted, as her eyes shone the glowing brown that you could ever imaged a faint haze of pain drew across them, pain of no loss and sadness but pain of discomfort and physical ache. She wanted so badly to wipe the pain from her eyes, to allow her to breathe every breath so free and so light. “I can’t keep coming back” Tiffany whispered gently but forcefully. When Tiffany made no movement towards her, Jessica gave in striding along to where she stood. She reached out a hand at arm’s length to caresses the face of the one she had always truly loved.

“Don’t” the word hung in the

Please log in to read the full chapter