I Would Pick You Over A Boy Any Day

One-shot / Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

"I am done with boys."

I announced this proudly to Jessica, who was sitting on our dorm's couch, her feet propped up on the coffee table, and reading a book. She glanced up at me, nodded once, and then looked back down to her book, her iPod on. She didn't even say anything to me! What the...

I knew at once that when Jessica didn't respond to such a declaration of mine that she was much too busy listening to whatever song that was playing on her iPod. I grabbed her nano from the couch and looked at the title.

"'You've Got It Bad Girl,'" I read. "By Quincy Jones. Ew." I crinkled my nose. "Why do you listen to that old song?"

"What's wrong with the song?" Jessica snapped, grabbing her iPod back from me. "As if Justin Bieber is any better."

"Because it is." I rolled my eyes. "Well? Aren't you going to ask me why I'm done with boys?"

"Fine." Jessica rolled her eyes this time. "My dear Taengoo... why are you done with boys?"

"Because they're idiot who have no emotional capacity at all," I replied, sighing and plopping my black skinny jeaned onto the couch. Jessica gave me a look.

"And may I ask why?" she said, almost mockingly. I ignored her tone, but in all actuality did answer her question.

"Because Leeteuk Oppa is an idiot who has no emotional capacity at all!" I said angrily, flaring my nostrils and referring to my now eighteenth ex-boyfriend. Yeah. I've had seventeen ex-boyfriends before him. Not that that means I've had one each year of my life. When I tell people I'm eighteen and I tell people that I've had eighteen boyfriends in the past, they usually assume that. Yeah. I tell people my problems. I do that.

"Aren't all boys like that?" Jessica said, raising an eyebrow at me. "Or at least, from what I've heard you tell me."

"Yes. All boys are like that! They're all the same!" I sighed annoyedly, flinging myself to lie down on the couch, my arms going into her lap. "Sometimes I just don't think I'm made for boys."

"So what are you gonna do? Become a lesbian?" Jessica snorted, setting her book down on her lap and playing with my hands. Suddenly, my eyes went wide and bright as I shot my body back up.

"Yes! Yes! That's such a good idea!" I said almost excitedly.

Jessica raised a single eyebrow at me, at my reaction. "I was kidding, Taengoo..."

"No! Don't kid!" I said with enthusiasm. "I'm serious! That's awesome!"

"But... But I don't think you can change your uality." Jessica looked like she was about to question my sanity, which she might as well have. "Besides, wouldn't it be even worse to be with a girl?"

"Of course not!" I piped insistently, almost beaming with excitement. "I'm a girl, so it'd be a lot easier! No wonder I always thought boys had coot

Please log in to read the full chapter