My Tiffany

One-shot / Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter


Jessica's POV
 

When I remember Tiffany Hwang, I realize how she changed my life with a gift. Before I’d met her, I had always believed I was destined to be alone forever. My self-esteem was, well, nonexistent. Whenever I’d walk into a room with people laughing, I was certain I was the cause of their mirth. I never considered asking a man out, moreover a woman, for what did I have to offer? The few women I did talk to made it overly clear they were interested in nothing more than being friends. I was positive there must be something wrong with me. Then I met Tiffany, my lovely Tiffany.

**  ***  **


With a cup of coffee in hand, I sat in a bookstore’s corner café and read the book I purchased a few minutes earlier. My table had four chairs around it, but naturally, I was only using one of them. It had been the only table when I’d arrived. I felt guilty sitting there when someone entered the café looking for a place to sit, only to find all the tables occupied. Their cold stares bored into me; I buried my nose deeper in my book, trying to disappear. I moved so my back was to the door to avoid the glares and resumed reading.

Suddenly, someone tapped me on my shoulder and asked, “Are you using all of these chairs?”

I looked up and couldn’t help but gape. She was beautiful. Really, that doesn’t begin to describe her. Her soft, milky white face was framed by reddish-brown long wavy hair. She wasn’t wearing much makeup; she didn’t have to, for hers was a natural beauty. Her deep brown eyes were locked on mine. She was the most beautiful woman I’d ever talked to, or that is, had spoken to me, since my mouth refused to work.

“Does that mean you don’t want me to sit here?” she asked arching her eyebrows questioningly.

I felt my face burn as it flushed red. “No... no,” I stuttered. “I’m sorry, I don’t mind if you sit here. Not at all. Please, sit.” I started nervously moving my book and cup of coffee, which I nearly spilled, toward the edge of the table to make room for her, though there was already plenty.

She stood there, staring at me with those brown eyes in a way I was certain would melt me if she did it much longer. A smile crept across her lips as her eyes form

Please log in to read the full chapter