Chapter 2

In Memoriam

"M-mom.... Im s-sorry I didnt mean to hurt you like that.." I pushed myself up the couch next to her.

She just looked at me and smiled as she wiped her tears. "Aniya Minah-yah, i understand how you feel. Eomma is sorry that you have to go through all this because of her." "N-no..." I said as i hugged her. "Ah im alright! You dont have to worry at all!"

"Go and take some rest Minah, you look tired." She said as she rubbed my back. "Nae eomma."

As i went up to my room, I sat down on the floor and started thinking. I never actually knew that much about Dad, most importantly, i dont know his story. I remember last asking Mom when i was 8, she said she would tell me when i was older, stating that it would be too much to handle at such a young age. I never did actully had the courage to ask her, because i knew she would cry. But honestly im already 16, and Im pretty sure im old enough. I really want to know about Dad, how he was and what had happened. I crawled over to my table and took the picture of Mom and Dad when they were in their 20's . Mom gave this picture to me as a present when i was 10. She told me that this picture was taken when Dad had just proposed to Mom.

"Dad... How are you? How is heaven? Is it really pretty there?"

I felt a cool breeze whoosh against my shoulders, I smiled.

"Hang on Dad,  im gonna finally gather up my courage and find out what happened. And i'll do whatever it takes to make you proud."

I stood up and went to the living room. I could see Mom, playing the piano, playing the song she had written for Dad on their first year anniversary. This song i have loved so much since i was a kid, this song always gives me the feeling of warmth and love. This song cheers me up and gives me strength. No vocals, just the beautiful melody of the piano.

"Mom, we have to talk."

"Sure sweetie, have a seat." As she hovered over to the table. I slid the picture of her and dad to her. She smiled and took the picture. "One of the happiest moments of my life."

"Mom.. what happened?"

"What do you mean what happened?"

"The one i asked you when i was 8, you said i was too young. Im old enough now, Mom. Tell me what happened to Dad. No, not only Dad, Tell me the whole story of you and Dad, from how you met and all, Mom i wanna know how true love is."

She just smiled and giggled in return. "Is that what you want sweetie? Why havent you asked me earlier? Kekeke"

It all started when we were in High School...

20 YEARS AGO

"Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Choi Minhee, I just transferred from Busan To Seoul, I hope i can be good friends with all of you ^_^" I said as I bowed infront of everyone. My heart was beating fast, my hands were sweaty. I just moved in and this is a new school and im so FREAKING scared. I looked up in a moment of anticipation looking at my classmates. Suddenly all of the roared with laughter. Confused, i turned around.

'WELCOME THE NEW NERD OF SOWON HIGH'

It was scribbled on the board with an arrow pointing to me. Leaning against the board was a boy smirking and laughing at me too.

Great. Now my whole high school life is gonna be spoiled because of this brat.

I just quickly went to the back of the class and sat on an empty table.

"Yah, Nerd, thats my seat." The guy from earlier came and slammed his books infront of me.

"M-mian." I said as i went to another table next to the window.

He just smirked at me again.

Honestly i could have just kicked his balls right there, right then. But i didnt want to move out again because of another fight in school. This time i had to be calm, i took out my notebook and started scribbling notes.

After school as i started walking home, The same guy appeared infront of me again.

 "OOHH lookie here~ Its the nerd again~"

I rolled my eyes and walked past him. He suddenly tugged me by my backpack. "YAH WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO DO THAT TO ME?!" He wanted to slap me when another guy pushed him away and helped me stand up.

"Dont you dare, little boy."