Chapter 15

In Memoriam

After our honeymoon in Jeju island, we came back to Seoul. We bought a not-so-small but not-so-big house for the two of us. I quit my part time job and worked as a shareholder at home, Kwangmin continued to work in Youngmin's office.

Every weekend we would go and visit my parents and all our friends. We never lost touch with each other. Hyunseong will be having his marriage in 2 months with Sora. They managed to get this far and Kwangmin was absolutely happy for Hyunseong, he deserves this.

Youngmin too, who was too shy to propose to Seyoon, finally did and the are going to get married soon.

Months passed by,

It was the weekend so Kwangmin was at home watching TV when i was just clearing our lunch when suddenly my head felt extremely dizzy.

"Yeobo, i feel dizz-" Before i could finish own sentence i ran to the toilet and puked. "Minhee! Are you okay?!" Kwangmin rushed to my side and helped.

I nodded and just cleaned myself up. Then we both went to my parents house. I brought my Mom to the room and told her what happened. "Did you get your time of the month yet?" I shook my head and then realised where this was going. The smile on my mom's face was so unexplainable, she whispered "Im going to have a grandchild" before she ran out and literally screamed it to the whole house. Everyone then ran into the room and stared at me who was blushing with my head down. Kwangmin looked at me "Minhee- Is it really-?" He was smiling and laughing, I just nodded and smiled he then ran to me and hugged me. I buried my face in his chest while Mom & Dad were already screaming and jumping while hugging each other.

"Im gonna be a father" He said to my ear.

We had a mini-party that night. 

Seyoon hugged me and was squealing "I am your aunt~" She said while patting my belly. I laughed in return and turned to look for Kwangmin, who was with his friends, the smile on his face was so bright and amazing. I smiled at the look of him just so happy while Dad patted my back before standing up and saying "Heres to Kwangmin, Minhee and their baby~!" "Cheers!" Before i could sip on the champagne, Mom took it away. "No no no, its bad for the baby" I just sighed and smiled in response.

We went to the doctors the following week and he confirmed that i was already 3 months pregnant."That means only 6 more months to go~!" I squealed and kissed Kwangmin's cheek on the way home. "I can't wait jagi" He winked back at me. We headed back to Mom's place because she and Dad forced us to move in until i give birth. Kwangmin and I slept in my old room. I showed him all my old things i owned since i was a kid and he would just laugh and be fascinated.

Since my tummy started to get big, we went to the doctors the next month to see the gender of the baby, it was a girl. A beautiful angel that is going to come into our lives.

"Its gonna be as beautiful as you" Kwangmin said that night as we laid on our bed and stared at the ceiling that i've painted to look like stars.

"Its gonna be as loving as you" I said as i looked at him. "Thank you, for being my husband." "No thank you, for going to be such a beautiful mother." He said as he tucked my hair behind my ear. I kissed him then slept on his chest.

Being the impatient couple we are, we chose a name for our pretty angel. Her name will be Jo Minah.

It was finally 9 months. My tummy as huge as ever. I sat down in front of the computer as usual, checking the stockmarket. Kwangmin was at work. Mom was in the kitchen, Dad was watching TV. I stood up to go get some water when suddenly my stomache started to hurt like hell. I felt my water break. "MOM!" I screamed, getting extremely weak and in pain. "OH MY GOD, YEOBEO!" Mom called Dad and we rushed to the hospital.

I was rushed into the ward to continue the labour. Dad had called Kwangmin and he said he would be here any minute.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" I screamed. Then the pain stopped. The doctor carried her in his hands. There my baby was. There was my Jo Minah. I immediately fell into a deep slumber as they transferred me into the room. 

I woke up hours later, to the sound of crying. "Mom?" I opened my eyes slowly and sat up. Mom's eyes were red and weary for some reason. "Oh Minhee-ah" She then handed me my baby. "Omona~ look at her so cute~" I took her in my hands and cuddled her. Her whole body was tiny and petite. "Mom~ look at her mom she is so beautiful" I said as i looked at Mom surprisingly who was not happy at all. "Whats wrong?" I said as i passed Minah to one of the nurses. She sat next to me and held my hand. "Mom, where's Kwangmin?" I asked and that made her cry more. My body started to tense as i repeated my question a bit louder. "Mom, Where's my husband?" She held my hand tighter and sighed. "He.. He was involved in a car accident on the way to see you..." My heart stopped. "W-what? I'm sorry i think i misheard you." I said as my body was shaking. "He is gone Minhee. HE IS GONE!" My breathing became abnormal as i covered my mouth, tears started to fall uncontrollably. "ANDWAAAAE. NOOO. THIS IS NOT TRUE. THIS IS NOT TRUUE." I screamed then collapsed on my pillow. "Where is he now?" I said, half-screaming at my mom. "In the ICU, he is about to get discharged. The doctors tried their best" My mom said. "I have to go now."  I got up, wore a jacket and immediately ran downstairs. My body was still weak afterivin gg birth. I stumbled onto my Dads embrace, who was standing outside the ICU. 

I pushed my way inside and i saw Kwangmin there. Bandage wrapped around his head, his heartbeat slowly dropping. The doctors clearing up everything. I dropped myself on the chair next to him and held his hand. "Jo Kwangmin, wake up. You need to see our baby. Minah is waiting for you." Mom then brought Minah, who was crying into the room. "Yeobo, look, she is crying yeobo, she wants you. She wants to see you yeobo. Our beautiful angel wants you to see her." I grasped his hand tight and cried. 

You promised to be with me forever.

Youngmin then ran into the room, his eyes wide open. "K-kwangmin!" He then came and sat next to me. I looked up at Youngmin and cried more.

The machine started making a sound.. Doctors rushed into the room and did shock treatment, hoping to get his heartbeat back to normal. I hugged dad and was praying for it to be alright.

You said everything will be alright Jo kwangmin. What happens now?

The doctors then came out of the room with a sad look on their face. "Im sorry, but Mr.Jo has passed on. I am dearly sorry."

I grabbed Dad and screamed in his chest. Youngmin fell on his knees crying. Mom joined me and Dad and hugged us, crying too.

A nurse then came up to me and gave me Minah. I held her tight, she was the present Kwangmin left me with. The one that we had waiting so long for, Our beautiful angel, Jo Minah.

We had Kwangmin's funeral the next day. Every single person we both had known came. Seyoon hugged me tight and cried. Mom was holding Minah and was handling everyone who wanted to see her. Hyunseong was crying terribly too. Jeongmin attended the funeral too, he hugged me and said that he was sorry for my loss. I nodded and let go.

We said our prayers for Kwangmin and it was time to go. I didnt want to go. I wanted to stay with Kwangmin by his side. Together with Minah. Just the 3 of us together. 

Kwangmin & I will never be able to go shopping together,

will never be able to go buy cute clothes for Minah together,

Kwangmin will never be able to tell Minah how much he loves her,

He will never be able to hold her, to kiss her, to hug her, to play with her, to buy her silly things, to change her diaper, to shower her, to dress her.

We will never be able to kiss, hug, talk, cry. We can't even have the baby boy that will look like him.

We cant. Because Kwangmin is gone. And i'm on my own, with our only treasure, Minah.

I stayed in Korea until Minah was in an advisable age to travel. Kwangmin & I both had always wanted to go live in California together. So when Minah was 2 years old, we left to California and settled there. I would come to Korea to visit every year on the day Kwangmin died. But as Minah got older, we started to visit less, as making money here is really hard. Everyday i would take our wedding picture and just stare. Stare at how happy Kwangmin was. He better be happy now too. Because one day, I will join him there.

And there you go Jo Minah, the full story of my life.

NOW

My eyes filled with tears as Mom finished telling her story, she too was crying. She then laughed and wiped my tears away. "So is that why you call me treasure?" Mom laughed and nodded. "You are our treasure, Jo Minah." She said as she kissed my forehead.

"Mom, can we go to Korea?" I said after awhile of thinking.

Mom then took a deep breath and nodded. "How does next month sound?" She said as she winked at me.

We all packed up got ready to go and settle back in Korea. Mom quit her job and sold our current house and we made enough money for the both of us.

After reaching Korea, we went straight from the airport to Dad's graveyard. We bowed down and sat infront of Dad's gravestone.

"How are you doing yeobo?" Mom said as she placed flowers. 

"Hey daddy, i'm finally here."

We sat there for awhile before we headded back to my grandparents place. We sat and chat, i got a few kisses from halmoni and haraboji. They were really happy that we decided to settle back here.

That night i sneaked out to go see Dad again. I just wanted to be by him. I told Mom before leaving and she just smiled and allowed me to leave.

I sat down next to Dad's gravestone and just talked.

"Dad, arent you proud? I made mom come back here. You guys were a perfect couple appa, i ship you guys so much. I'm sorry that you couldnt get to see me.. But im over here! So see me as much as you like." The cool breeze hit me again.

"Ahhh~ Korea is much cooler than california." I shivered. Then suddenly, as if it was Dad. A guy put his jacket around me. I turned up and looked at him. A guy about my age. He took a seat next to me, and started cleaning the gravestone next to Dad's. "Oh? um, Thanks." I said as i looked at him. "Is... that your mom?" I asked as i saw the picture of a lady in her 40's next to flowers on the gravestone. "Yeap, thats your dad?" He asked and nodded.

"Um, my name is Minah. Nice to meet you." I said as i stretched my hands and he took it and shook it. "Minwoo."

We smiled at each other and bid farewell as i had to go home.

Hmm i wonder, Dad, did you choose this guy for me?

I just smiled and sneaked back home. Hoping to see him again tomorrow.

Thank you so much Dad. I love you, and I miss you. And dont worry, I'll take good care of Mom.

____________________________

A/N: TADAAH! This is the final chapter! How did you guys like it? Did i make you cry? I hope i did, because i am terrible at these stuff. My next story will hopefully be a happier story. Thank you for supporting and loving 'In Memoriam'! Thanks to violetkecil for the amazing poster. Thanks for everyone who helped me through this story and thank you my sarangs and bestfriends! I love you all so so so much!

Have a great time and make sure to read my previous fanfics too!

Until next time by beautiful sarangs.

I love you all! PPYONG <33333

-bestfriend007