02: Reminiscing The First Day (Part 2)

Life As We Know It II (She's A Heartbreaker)|| HIATUS

=Reminiscing The First Day (Part Two)=


I walked merrily along the foyer wearing my greatest smile. The smile slowly slid off my face like a cube of ice on a pan the moment I saw a bouquet of pink tulips on the decorative table by the bottom of the stairs. My heart started pounding again after its one minute of rest since I left the dance studio. I made my way towards the bottom of the stairs and looked around hoping I’d see any sign of the person who bought the bouquet of pink tulips. I held the bouquet and admired the flowers’ color.

I frowned to myself when I suddenly thought that maybe I’m just assuming things… that maybe these aren’t for me. Maybe it’s from a fan and she gave it to one of the boys as a gift of thanks for being an inspiration.

Neh. These aren’t for me.

I place the bouquet back on the decorative table and was about to go upstairs when a cute peach envelope fell off. I sighed and picked it up. I did a double take and realized that I think I read my name on the envelope.

I held the envelope to my face and flipped it to the other side. There I saw:

For Soojin, the Stunning Dwarf

I let out a laugh the moment I read it. I should feel offended, right? I don’t know if the person is trying to make me laugh or if he is trying to upset me

I opened it and pulled out the folded paper. Once I unfolded it, I started reading.

Hey, dwarf. I remembered your perfect smile and your blushing cheeks every time one of the boys compliment you and I swear, you made me forget that my favorite color is pink just like what color is dominant in the bouquet of tulips in front of you.

Do you want to know why I never get close to you? It is because I’m afraid I’ll end up like the other members. I’m afraid I would like you, too. I mean—of course, I like you because you’re a nice and pretty but what I mean was, I’m afraid I would have a crush on you, too, or worse I’d fall just like what happened to Kai and Tao.

I was never close to you because I’m afraid I would have feelings for you and then I get hurt.

But right at this moment, dwarf, I really regret that I forced myself not to talk to you or not to get close to you because… you’re already leaving.

I will miss your presence, Soojin.

-DancingMachineChenChen

P.S. Go to your bedroom and listen as two morons bicker with each other. Haha.

I unfolded the letters as tears started falling on my cheeks.

I may have faced a lot of problems ever since they had entered my life but I will miss them. What will I do without them in Washington? Yes, I have Kai, Tao, and Xiumin with me but still... The twelve boys and I solved the problems together and what if another problem will come once I’m already in Washington and there 's only me, Kai, Tao and Xiumin?  I’m already used to the twelve of them being there always. I've never felt the feeling of being someone's friend until I met the twelve of them. It's like... fun and sadness at the same time. I’m used to them giving me problems and I’m also used to them solving it. Call me crazy but I swear I’d rather be here with Exo and my control-freak grandfather than go to a place where there's a big possibility I'll be a loner and to a place where freedom is abundant.

I froze on the spot when I heard a beautiful voice from behind me. I quickly turned around and smiled with fresh tears on my cheeks.

Ru guo bu shi wo shi bie de nan ren
ru guo zhi shi xi ju li mian de yi ju hua
shao gan le jiu ba, wo yuan he ni de ai jiao huan shang heng

As Chen sings the last line, he made his way towards me and he pulled me in a hug. I hugged him back and silent tears falls on my cheeks again. He continued singing but this time he sings it as if he’s almost whispering.

Baby don’t cry, tonight dang hei ye zai ci liang qi lai
Baby don’t cry, tonight jiu dang zuo mei fa sheng guo yi yang
Ni yong yuan dou bu hui hua cheng xiang pao mo yi yang
Nan dao ni bu zhi dao ma
So baby don’t cry, cry wo de ai shou hu ni bu fen kai

We just stood there hugging as loud silence surrounded the two of us. “I don’t want to leave you guys.” I whisper that I doubt he heard it.

I heard him sigh and he whispered. “I promise you, Soojin. I will save up so I could treat one or two other members to Washington. We’ll try our best to lighten our schedule so we could visit you at least once a month so you won’t be lonely.”

I slowly nodded and mumbled a thank you.

“Or maybe…I could blackmail Suho to treat me and the boys plane tickets to Washington!”

I pulled away from him and smacked him in the arm. He laughed and I wipe the remaining tears. “I was just trying to cheer you up, angel dwarf!”

I started to smile. “But seriously, I will convince the boys so we could visit you though I don’t have to convince them because they’ll surely say yes. Exo can’t say no especially if it involves you. I love you, dongsaeng.”

I looked up at him as my smile goes bigger. “I love you, too, Oppa. I love all of you and I will miss all of you. You’re all a part of my life now and I’ll never accept it if you all disappear from it.”

I saw tears forming from the corner of Chen’s eyes. He pulled me in for a final hug and he wiped a tear when he pulled away. He exhaled and stared at me as he forces a smile. He caressed my cheek with his fingers and says, “Now go to your room and stop the two morons from bickering.”

I nodded and waved as I climb up the stairs.


“No! We can’t let her know we’re the ones who packed all her things. She’ll get mad once she find out we touched her personal belongings!” The person with the deep voice paused. “…even her undergarments.”

I’m thankful I’m hiding behind the door because if they see me, they’ll realize that tomatoes and I are relatives.

“Aish… Let’s not worry about that! Let’s worry about the room!”

I touched the knob and slowly pushed it open so that no creaking sound can be heard. I peeked and there I saw the frowning face of Baekhyun and the lonely face of Chanyeol. Wait. I thought they’re just going to bicker or something?

“Yeah, Baek. Let’s just worry on how to empty this room since starting tonight no one’s going to occupy it anymore.” Chanyeol says.

Baekhyun looked around my bedroom. “I cannot do it, Chanyeol. Emptying this bedroom is too depressing. .”

I stepped inside the room with a forced smile. “Hey, Baek. Hey, Chan.”

They turned to me with sad smiled. “Hey.” They say at the same time.

“Thanks for packing my things. It’s too kind of you.” I say as I glance at the three LV suitcases and two leather duffel bags by the foot of the bed hoping my face isn’t red because I thought of the ‘undergarments’ thing.

The two didn’t speak again and they walk towards my empty bed where big boxes and a pile of pillows and mattresses are placed. Baekhyun carries the pile while Chanyeol carries one of the boxes.

My heart sunk. The first time I met Chanyeol and Baekhyun, they were arranging my things inside this room so I could get comfortable on my stay and now, they’re emptying the room which just reminded me that this may be my last day at this house and the next days, I’ll be waking up in the different bedroom.

I look around the almost empty bedroom. This is the first place where I first knew the feeling of having an older brother because this is also the place where I first met Xiumin. This is the place where I first knew the feeling of being appreciated because this is the place where Jongin places his causes-craziness letters.

Before Chanbaek reached the door, I called out. “HEY!”

The two turned around and looked at me. “Yes?” Chanyeol asks.

I bit my lower lip and choked back the tears that are threatening to fall.

“C-Can I… hug the two of you… for the last time?”

Chanyeol dropped the box at the same time Baekhyun drops the pile of pillows and mattresses. The two runs towards me and they both hugged me really tight. I don’t care if I’ll die in suffocation because of their tight hugs. I want to savor this moment because this might not happen again or maybe it will but I would have to wait for months or years.

The two pulled away from me and I wiped my tears. I turned to Chanyeol first and I cried again and hugged him tight when I saw a tear that fell on his cheek.

“Thank you for giving me a chance to be your boyfriend even just for a week.” He paused and I can feel that he wanted to sob. “You broke my heart but I was happy you still gave me the chance to be with you, Soojin.”

Chanyeol kissed the top of my head and he smiled down at me.

I turned to my shoulder and there stood Baekhyun with arms wide open indicating he wants another hug. I hugged him. “I’ll see you again, right?” he whispers.

I nodded as I started sobbing, too.

“If I can have the chances to go to Washington every week, I won’t hesitate to go there, Soojin.”

Baekhyun placed a kiss on my cheek before he pulled away.

Chanyeol speaks. “Your mom and the four of you are going to have lunch at the airport since you have to leave at twelve. We left some of your clothes inside the wardrobe so you could change your clothes.”

I nodded and with that the two picked up the things they dropped and they exited my bedroom. I sighed and opened the walk-in wardrobe’s door.

I the lights and my jaw dropped when I saw a half- Luhan standing in the middle of the small space.

I covered my mouth and turned around. I cursed under my breath. “What in the world are you doing here?!” I yelled still not facing him.

He didn’t answer and that’s when I felt him hug me from behind. My eyes widened when a warm breath hits my neck.

I started screaming hysterically, “JONGIN! HELP ME! KIM JONGIN! LUHAN, IS HARASSING ME! KIM JONGIN! HE—Hmmmff!”

“God dammit! Quiet!” he half-yells and half-whispers as he covers my mouth with his hand.

I glared up at him.

Luhan sighs and he removed his hand from my mouth hesitantly. He opens his mouth to say something when I started my rants. “What the hell were you thinking?! This is my bedroom! Get out of here or else I’ll—Hmmmff!”

I was so shocked when he captured my lips with his that I almost fell on the ground. It caused his lips to pull away from mine. Luhan grabbed my waist and he claimed my lips for the second time. "Luhan, I..." I tried to say. He held my face and whispers in between kisses. "Shut... up." My eyes closed for a second and I gathered all my strength to push him away. He hit his against the cabinet door causing him to wince in pain. I wiped my lips using my knuckles.

“YOU BASTARD! STAY AWAY FROM ME!” I yelled at him. I started walking away but before I could get out of the walk-in wardrobe, Luhan grabbed my wrist and he engulfed me in a really tight hug.

“Goddammit! I can’t breathe, you feminine deer!” I yelled on his ear and I badly want him to go deaf.

He pulled away from me and gave me a challenged look. “Did you just say I’m feminine? Then I’ll prove to you how manly I am.”

He started leaning in. He parted his lips and that’s when I realized he’s going to kiss me again. I pushed his face away. “Bastard! Get out of here!”

Luhan sighed and walked away. “I’m sorry.”

He left and I sighed in relief. I think I should wipe my lips with a clean cloth with isopropyl alcohol later. Ughhh…. The nerve of him.

I tugged on the hem of my sleeveless top to take it off and that’s when I saw a head peeking from the walk-in wardrobe’s door. I saw him gulp as his eyes were fixed on my exposed stomach. I quickly pulled down my shirt.

. . .

“LUHAN! GET OUUUUUUT!”

Luhan gulped for the second time and he forced himself to look at me straight in the eyes.

He half-smirked. ert.

“I- I- I j-just want to say th-that. I will miss you.” He says stuttering but I could still feel the sincerity.

My frown faded and I looked down. “Yeah. I’ll miss you guys too.”

Luhan smiled and he disappeared. I took a deep breath and was about to tug on the hem of my top again when he reappeared.

I glared at him. “What now? Can you please get out of my bedroom? I’m trying to change!”

Luhan spoke not taking his gaze off my face. I stared back at him.

“Do you have an idea that you’re a beautiful brat? Huh, Soojin?”

I didn’t speak. Should I be flattered or offended?

“You may have your flaws but for me… you’re perfect. I’m going to say it once, Soojin…”

My heart started pounding.

“…Wo ai ni. Wo xiang yongyuan he ni zai yiqi. Wo guanxin ni. Ni ai wo ma? [I love you. I want to be with you forever. I care for you. Do you love me?]”

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but he just smiled. Luhan walked towards me. My heart beats rapidly when he attaches his lips on my forehead. He pulled away and I saw tears starting to form from the corners of his eyes.

He left and gave me a smile. I heard the door close and with that a single tear fell on my cheek.


I reached the bottom of the stairs and there I saw a circle of four Gucci suitcases and three backpacks, five LV suitcases and three leather duffel bags. I assume these are all of our things.

“Hey.”

I heard someone say.

I turned to my left and Kyungsoo’s heart-shaped smile greeted me. I walked forwards and hugged him tight. He almost lifted me up as he hugs me back. He kissed my cheek before he pulled away and he handed me a box.

I gave him a confused look. “What’s this?”

Kyungsoo gave me his heart-stopping smile. “Open it.”

My lips curved into a smile. Inside the brown box are macaroons just like what he brought me on my first day at Oakwood. The strawberry macaroon, the chocolate macaroon and the green tea macaroon.

“This is… so sweet of you.” I say. I look up at him. “Thanks, Kyungsoo.”

I hugged him again with a cute box on my other hand. He pulled away. “I will miss you, Soojin.”

I nodded. A tear fell on my cheek. . I’m crying again. D.O. smiled the kind of smile that didn’t reach his eyes and he wiped the tear that fell on my cheek using his thumb. “Don’t cry. This is not the last time I’m going to see you, Soojin. I’m sure of that.”

I closed the box and placed it inside my cross body bag.

“Suri, we have to go.” I heard a familiar voice. I turned to my shoulder and there I saw my mother.

I smiled. “Hey, mom.”

She smiled back. Xiumin and Tao started pulling the suitcases as the guards gets inside the house to grab the duffel bags.

My mom exited the house. Jongin takes my hand but before he could drag me away, Kyungsoo stole a kiss on my cheek causing Jongin to tighten the grip on my hand.

“I’ll see you soon, Soojin.” Kyungsoo says.

I nodded at him and waved just before Jongin closed the main door when we got outside.