02: Get Lost

Life As We Know It II (She's A Heartbreaker)|| HIATUS

=Get Lost=


“What are you two doing here?” he asked in a cold tone. Jongin squeezed my hand as if he wanted to turn his empty palms into fist but couldn’t do it because he’s still holding my hand. I looked up at Jongin and saw that he is clenching his jaw.

“We need to see you, hyung.” Jongin said.

Kris smirked and spoke in a tone full of sarcasm. “What now, Kai? You miss making clever plans with me that involves Soojin?”

His words made me lighten my grasp with Jongin’s hand. When I let go, Jongin looked down at me with a confused face.

Plans? They made plans in the past that involved me?

Jongin gulped as if Kris is going to reveal something that would ruin him.

The smirk never left Kris’ face. “Why aren’t you saying a word, Kai? You afraid she’ll find out one of your deepest secrets?”

“Not now, hyung. Please. I beg of you.” Jongin pleaded as if his life depended on Kris’ next words.

Kris’ hand is holding the knob of the door as if he’s ready to slam it in front of our faces any minute. His gaze transferred from Jongin to me. I stared at him.

“You. What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be on your way to your honeymoon with Tao.” Kris says.

I expected myself to feel uneasy and nervous but confidence rushed through me. “We need to talk, Kris. I want to know everything.”

Jongin turned to me with wide eyes. “No, Soojin. You won’t.”

Kris scoffed. “Let her speak, Kai.”

Jongin took a deep breath and nodded.

I continued. “I want to know if the words on the letters you used to send me are sincere ones. I want to know why you left me at the airport. I want to know why you were at the hospital at Washington. I want to know everything.”

Jongin ran his fingers through his hair in frustration as he takes a deep breath. Kris smirked at Jongin. I was confused why he smirked at Jongin instead of getting mad or nervous because he’s going to tell me everything even if it would break me. It’s not like Jongin is involved in this, right?

Kris lets go of the door knob and made the door open wide as if Jongin and I are very much welcomed inside his apartment. How ironic. A minute ago, he made us feel we’re not welcome and he almost wanted to slam the door on our faces and now… after I told him I want to know everything, his mood changed as if he’s been waiting for this time to come… as if he wanted to get this over with.

Jongin and I entered Kris’ apartment and I looked around. The apartment design is a lot different than mine at Oakwood. Mine is really feminine while his is too manly because of the black and white interior.

“Take a seat and feel at home, Soojin. Smile because you wouldn’t be able to do that after we did the talk.” Kris smirked again.

I glared at him. I knew it. He had changed. He’s not the Kris that I know anymore.

I grabbed Jongin’s arm and made him sit beside me at Kris’ living room.

Kris’ smirk faded and looked at me with mesmerized eyes, “You still looked the same, Soojin. You’re still you. You’re still the beautiful and stubborn Tinkerbell that I know.”

What happened after Kris spoke was the unexpected. Jongin angrily stood up from the couch and walked angrily towards Kris and he grabbed his collar almost tearing it. “ you! Don’t you dare call her Tinkerbell again or else I’ll literally beat the out of you, Kris!” Jongin yelled as he gave Kris a deadly glare, his hands gripping his collar tight.

Kris smirked and pushed Jongin away causing him to let go of his collar and to stumble backwards. “Oh, really? Now you’re telling me not to call her Tinkerbell?! Who among us made dumb plans for me to pretend as ing Peter Pan, huh?!”

A single tear automatically fell from the corner of my eye. I stood up from the couch with a trembling hand. I looked at Jongin who has an uneasy look on his face.

“W-What? I-I don’t understand!”

Kris turned to me with a cold glare and spoke as if I’m the most stupid person in the world because I’m stating the obvious. “Of course, you wouldn’t understand! Because you don’t know the whole ing story! Those letters? It wasn’t me who sent you those! It was him! It was him all along!” he said as he pointed at Jongin who is making his way towards me.

Jongin placed his hands on my shoulders to make me steady. I looked at him with a dumbstruck expression and tears started streaming down my face. He grabbed my face this time. Jongin’s eyes are red as if he’s about to cry. He then spoke in a soft tone as if he’s convincing a little girl who wouldn’t obey him. “S-Soojin, th-this is not the right time for you to know everything, alright? It’s a wrong choice that I brought you h-here. Tink, we have to leave. Let’s go.”

Jongin grabbed my hand and we were about to open the door when Kris spoke in a tone full of sarcasm, “What a miracle, Kai. The last time I checked you are afraid to call her Tinkerbell because you don’t want her to know you’re Peter Pan because you’re afraid you’ll get rejected.”

Jongin let go of my hand in a harsh manner and he walked towards Kris. “SHUT THE UP!” Jongin yells and the next thing, his fist collided with Kris’ face causing his lip to bleed. Kris fell on the ground and he quickly got up and was about to throw a punch at Kai when I let out a piercing scream.

“STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!” I yell as I fall on my knees crying harder.

“No, Soojin. You have to know the truth even if it would break you!” Kris yells and I covered my ears with my hands trying to block any sound so I wouldn’t hear the next words that would come out of his mouth.

“It wasn’t me who sent you those letters...” Kris started.

I screamed as I look at my tears fall on the ground, my hands still covering my ears. “I SAID STOP ITTTT!! STOP, PLEASE!”

“Don’t play deaf, Soojin. You listen to me! The words written on the letters sent to you aren’t mine. It was Kai’s sincere words.”

I cried harder. “No, please. Stop…” I whisper but Kris wouldn’t stop talking.

“You want to know why I left you at the airport?! I left you at the airport because my conscience is already killing me, Soojin, even if all I want to do is to run back to you! I don’t want betraying one of my friends anymore! I tried to steal you away from Kai. I couldn’t pretend anymore because I already fell in love with you! If I know this would happen, I will not go with Kai’s plans.”

I slowly removed my hands from my ears and tried to wipe away the tears but it’s still useless. The tears wouldn’t stop.

“You want to know why I was at the same hospital in Washington? It’s because Kai and I followed you then we knew that Tao was infer—“

I quickly stood up and yelled. “I’VE HEARD ENOUGH, KRIS! AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! THANKS TO YOU I DON’T KNOW WHO TO TRUST ANYMORE!”

I walked out of the apartment and wiped my tears as I walk towards the elevator.

Then I heard fast footsteps behind me so I walked faster, sniffing. I felt someone’s hand grab my arm and the moment he turned me around so I could face him, my palms made contact with his cheek that made his grip on my arm lighten.

I wiped the remaining tear on my cheek and started walking again when Jongin grabbed my waist and he pinned me against the wall. My eyes were wide open when he started kissing me deeply. I squirmed but Jongin kept on kissing me. His lips left mine and when started trailing kisses along my jaw line and on a sensitive part that I almost let out a moan. I used all my strength and pushed him off me. My palm collided with his cheek causing it to turn red but he acted like I didn't slap him and held both of my arms.

I saw a tear fell on Jongin’s cheek. “Soojin, no, please! I need you here.”

I yanked his hands away from my arms. “You can’t just play with my feelings just because I have no experience when it comes to love! Now, mind your own business because I don’t want to see your face ever again!” I say, and started running away from him.

“But, Soojin, I love you.”

Instead of saying it back, I shout, “GET LOST, YOU PLAYER!”

And then I started running towards the elevator leaving him there as tears roll down on his cheeks.