Heart to heart Her POV

Comfort

Shinhye POV

 

Why is he staring at me like that? 'Is there something on my face? Or is he trying to tease me again. Cham.' I thought to myself. In the end, I gave in to my need to fill my tummy as I was famished.

"Aish, jinjia! I'm ignoring you! Steak here i come!" I said and proceeded to attack my steak.

I could hear him chuckling but i really could not care about his antics now since the last time i ate was ard noon. We ate in silence in the next few minutes. Upon placing the last piece of meat into my mouth, I looked up, wanting to reach for the glass of ice water when i notice a small bowl of pasta in front of me. 

"Keke, it's yours, I scooped a portion for to to try as I know you like pasta too." he said.

Suddenly I felt guilty for eating all of the steak alone. Why didn't I think of sharing it with him? Then I felt happy, happy that he was being considerate and that he remembered what are my likes. And lastly a weird emotion as I was picturing myself feeding him a piece of steak with my fork as there was no spare plates for me to put the steak in.....

"I know what are you thinking, I have ate all the food that is on the menu. It's okay if you did not leave some for me. In fact it makes me happy that you seem to really enjoy the food here."he said.

Ah, why is he being like this today, so sweet. I felt my cheeks start to redden so I looked down quickly.

"Gomawo Yonghwa-ya" I said and looked at him when I thought it was safe to.

"Alright now for my post meal entertainment. You cant possibly drive me home now right? Afterall I took great lengths to pop by to catch up with you."I urged.

"Ahra, I was about to continue with part two of my story anyway."he said.

Part two? Is he implying that they got back together again? Why didn't he inform me about this! I opened my mouth wanting to scold him when he interrupted me as usual. It was happening one time too many today.

"No I did not mean that we got back togther, sorry I should have make my point clearer. Part two of the fiasco. You are aware that at the start of the year I was promoting my self composed song I'm sorry right? Seohyun on the other hand was promoting I got a boy." he said.

"Of course. I was there laughing at you as YOU were doing PUSHUPS in order to fulfill your promise to you Boices for winning first." I giggled and replayed the scene out in my head.

"Tch, trust you to remember that. Wait, you were in the studio?" he questioned and looked at me intently.

"Aniyo, I was at home watching the live broadcast. You do know what will happen if anyone spots me in the studio right? Field day for the antis the next morning." I sighed as I really do want to watch him perform live.

"Ahraso, do not worry! You can watch me perform live soon, maybe at the award ceremonies. Back to my story, since we were promoting at the same time, Seohyun was trying to find ways and means to talk to me on a one to one basis back stage. I got what she was hinting but I was hestitant on getting back together as I did not know if I can survive another heartbreak. So I decided to call Jessica and proposed to have a talked with her."he said, pausing to drink some water.

Why did he call Jessica? Is there something going on? Whe didn't he call me? I thought to myself.

"I waited at the cafe near our dorm. I was expecting most of the group to be there but only she came. We talked for two hours. She informed me that she did not know is Seohyun is serious on getting back together with me for good or well for lack of other terms, for fun. She told me that most of the members would not ask me to give her and the relationship a second chance as it would be very unfair for me. She said that they already treat me practically as a oppa and would not want to see me suffer as well. Come to think of it, most of them are on banmal terms with me and they do not shy away from showing some skinship, not the intimate kind mind you, just the friendly kind. I cannot remember all that she said but the one thing that struck me is. She said ' I would only tell you this, if you can't bear another break up with her, then i urge you to not start again as you will be the one suffering in the end. From what I see, you are a very sentimental person and she is very wilful and stubborn. You are a very nice guy, one most if not all girls would want as their boyfriend.' It was when i realised the true meaning of the phrase do not judge a book by it's cover. Jessica looks blur at times and cold but in fact I think she's quite a nice girl if you get on her good side." he said and smiled.

Is my intuitions correct? Is he interested in Jessica? Is he going to tell me that they are together now?

"So I made it clear to Seohyun the very next time we met, told her I was not interested in restarting the relationship anymore and for her to move on. She cried in front of me. I felt like a jerk but I knew I could not console her, so i got Jessica to do it for me. Nowadays when we do meet it is usually in the lifts like just now, she would say hi Oppa and that is it. I'm closer to her sisters than her now. I guess this is the power of time, heals troubles of the heart but make people distant." he said.

"I sure hope it does not happen to us!" I said,, trying to cheer him up. I cant imagine a day without Yonghwa in my life now that I think about it. Wonder how we will be like when we both get married in the future. I felt some kind of discomfort when I thought about not being able to meet Yonghwa freely and the fact that he is married to another woman. Then it hit me like a truck, all these weird and confusing feelings that I was having are the signs of me liking him romantically. How stupid of me to realise it now. All the scripts that i read, all the acting I did and I could not see that I was falling for my best friend.

"Ey~ Shinnie isn't it your turn to tell me something I do not know about you?" he said.

I pretended to think about it, trying to lure him into a false sense of sercurity. "MERONG!" I stuck out my tongue at him and stood up, walking away from the table and out of the resturant.

"YA! COME BACK HERE U BIG FAT PIGGY!" he shouted.

I waited outside as he was settling the bill and catching up with his friend. I could see that his friend was refusing his money and they were most probably arguing about the bill. Sigh, I took the time to try to think about the revelation that i jus discovered. I like my best friend but he is my best friend. Ottoke?

I broke away from my internal struggles when i felt his arm around my shoulders.

"Kaja! Time to send you home~" he said.

~~~~~to be continued~~~~~

 

 

A.N : This was supposed to be out last night but I accidentally press CRTL R instead of CRTl T on my chrome browser. So i had to rewrite this chapter.
As usual review and comment.

P.S : I know that you people dont really like Seohyun being in this story but I need this part of Yonghwa's likfe to make Shinhye understand  that she is head over heels in love with him. So pardon me.