Confirmation

Comfort

 

Yonghwa POV (flashback)

 

I felt like Christmas came early when I heard what Shinhye said although she was kind of mumbling. I was grinning away like mad when I heard what she said and the fact that she made my life so much easier. The sole purpose of me calling her was to tell her she is the one who inspired me for this album's title track. I decided to wait for her to look at me before I tell her my answer and my thoughts. After waiting for around twenty seconds, I decided to get her attention.

"What is it on your feet that interests you so much may I ask?" I said.

She still did not look up at me. So I decided to take a different approach instead. I reached out for her hand and grabbed it.

"I rather talk to you face to face rather than the crown of your head Shin." I said.

She finally raised her head to see eye to eye with me. She was teary eyed. Maybe cause she thought I would reject her or something along those lines when I did not immediately reply her.

"Maybe you want to drink some tea to calm yourself down first?" I gestured to her cup of tea.

She withdrew her hand and brought the cup to her lips to sip some tea. Once she set the cup back in the saucer, I latched on to it and did not let go even though she tried to pull away.

"Shin, I will tell you how I feel about what you just told me in awhile. For now, I just need my best friend to listen to what I have got to say," I said.

"I can do that. Let go of my hand Yong." she said.

And she said I was like a kid, look at her sulking and pouting cause she did not get her answer first though its a cute pout I might add.

"I called you out today for two reasons. One is to celebrate me completing my title track composition."I paused to take a piece of paper folded in my jeans out.

"The song u heard in the minivan lacks some parts. This is the completed version." I handed her the paper.

"Read the lyrics and tell me how do you feel." I urged.

I waited till she finished reading. In the mean time I was kinda of wanting to laugh at how hard she was concentrating on reading and trying to find anything that is important.

"I don't see anything special in the lyrics. What am I supposed to be looking for? This is about how helpless a guy who is a one sided love right?" she said.

"Ah, as observant as ever aren't you. Yes, it is a song about that." I continued.

"Why not just tell me who is the person you are referring to? she said with a hint of impatientness.

"Let me think of you just once in a day, miss you." I sang softly and held her hand.

Her eyes grew very big after she got what I was trying to say I think. She looked hesistant and I decided to continue.

"I will try to forget you just once a day~ Even that won't work, even that work work~" I sang the next line.

"It's you, you have been in my life since forever. When you told me Lee Minho shi confessed to you. I could get the image of you being in another man's arms so I tried to forgot about you. I had to do that or our friendship could be ruined. I rather myself be unhappy and you being happy then the both of us being unhappy just cause of me disturbing the balance. I used to think that way" I said.

"But I decided that nothing can stop me to confess to you recently as the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I am most comfortable with u, we get along really well and you like me even though I have alot of flaws. There is no one else I want to spend my life with." I concluded.

I waited for her response. I knew I had made my point to her and I just needed to wait till she calmed down to talk to me.

"I'm willing to try to be the one to spend your life with." was her reply.

Words could not describe what euphoria I felt. I just squeezed her hand and gave it a kiss.

"You can eat your cake. We will discuss this after you fill your tummy. You are too heavy for me to carry." she said.

I smiled to her and thanked my lucky stars that she more or less agreed to be my girlfriend although I did not formally ask her. 

"Of course omma~" I said.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Present time ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Shinhye POV

My handphone rang, I knew who was on the line as I set a special ringtone for him and him only.

"Yeoboseyo? Yong? What is the matter?" I said quickly.

I need to drop my latest habit which is speaking hurriedly when Yong calls me. He makes me very self conscious when he is around me or talking to me.

"Shin~ How was the recording of the interview? Did you let them know that it was not your first time listening to the song?" he teased.

"Aigooooooooooo~ Of course I did.... not. Kekekeke. Who else did you ask the producers to listen to it?" I asked him.

"IU and Yoon Dohyun hyung." was his reply.

I froze when he said IU. Why did he even suggest herin the first place. Oh, did I mention that I became a clingy and paranoid jealous girfriend overnight? Heol~ I need to get a grip on myself.

"Shin~~~ I recommended IU as they asked for two females and 1 male. You came into my mind first! After thinking for very long, I decided that it was time to return IU the favour as she chose me to be her partner awhile back when she needed one when performing Lucky by Maroon 5."he said.

He sure knows how to pacify me. Tch. He should be glad that I am so understanding that it is all work.

"I am sure that you did not call to ask me about the interview right? Come on, spill." I said.

 "Eh~~~~~~~~~~ I can't hide anything from you. I just want to tell you that its quite upsetting that everytime we make a comeback, SNSD also will make a comeback. I was looking forward to an all kill in the music charts." he sighed.

I found what he said to be true. The previous comeback also was the same thing. SNSD came back with I got a boy. 

"I'm sure it is just a coincidence. No worries Yong! I am sure you will swepe the charts!" i said in an attempt to encourage him.

"Of course you will say that! You are on my side, then again since when were you not? Kekeke." he cheekily replied.

"Tch! See if I attend your next concert." was my retort.

"Ehhhhh~~~ How can you sat that! Promise me how angry you are at me next time, you will have to come to our concert."he said.

It was just a joke on my part and I felt bad that he took it abit too seriously. I better make him feel better if not I cant sleep at ease later.

"It was just a joke. Don't worry I will be at each and every one if I can make it." I said.

We went on to talk till the wee hours in the morning. I went to bed with a smile on my face. That has been a routine for the past month and I do not want it to change anytime soon.

 

 

 



Hope it was up to expectations.
Review and comment as usual!
P.S: I noticed the chingus who commented during the earlier chapters did not comment on my recent chapters. Hope you guys will just drop a comment as you were the motivation for me to write for when I first started out, 

P.P.S : I would be writing another FF for YongShin, with them being either in highschool or university. Do try to support it when it is up! Thanks~