Heart to heart

Comfort

Yonghwa POV

"I'm crying because I thought of the times you had minimal contact with me. Tch closest person outside family? Then why did you not contact me often during that time?" she said.

Sigh. She's touching on a sore spot, a period of time in my life that I do not want to go back or talk about but then again I do owe her an explanation, a proper one at that.

"You only know part of the beginning and ending right?" I asked.

"I only know of the stuff that you told me as I did not wanna pry and invade into your private space. As you know at that time our friendship was rocky." she replied me and gave me a wry smile.

She reached out to take a tissue to wipe her eyes and puffy cheeks. I took the time to reflect on what I did and I realised how much of a fool I was. I noticed that she finished try to remove the tears from her face and i proceeded to continue.

"Where to start? Hmmmm, I did tell you I started to like her during the filming right? Although it was not scripted, I fell for her charms, then again you already knew right? Since you could read me like an open book. I asked her the golden question after filming at the sweet potato fields. She said yes and the rest is history. We were together and we had our honeymoon period, no quarrels, just sweet times together." I said with a wry smile.

"Tch, I forgive you for not contacting me often during that time but it better be your first and last time alright? I trust that you have better time management now. So what is the reason that you two broke up? I thought you two would last for awhile."she held my hand and said.

"Wait let me explain why I did not contact you so much then first before I go on to why we broke up, if not I would keep on feeling bad for not fulfilling my best friend's duties during that time."I squeezed her hand and said.

"I was very busy then, had promotions in japan and wgm filming. While you were in Taiwan filming, half the time i wanted to call you it was already 2, 3 am in the morning. I know it is not a good excuse but it is the truth." I said and she squeezed my hand. I looked up and she eye smiled at me, as if to tell me it is okay.

"It's over already, let's just leave it in the past." she replied and motioned me to continue.

"She wanted a break up just before Heartstrings, reason being that I did not shower her with the attention she needed. She also said that I did not care about her anymore and did not show her enough concern. At first, I was quite shocked at that as I devoted all my free time to her. I find her at her dorm whenever I am free, I visit her during lunch hours just to talk to her for 20 mins, often forgoing my lunch." I said with a bitter tone.

Perhaps she noticed my tone or she noticed I was tearing up. She pulled my hand and gave it a kiss. I looked up and saw her smiling michievously at me. I think she got what she wanted, to stop me from crying that is.

"I knew of the truth one day when Tiffany and Jessica came to me one day out of the blue. They camped at the first floor reception of FNC for three hours just to clarify some things with me." I said with a laugh.

Shinhye looked at me laughing and was bemused. She was about to ask why when i silenced her with a quick glance at her and i carried on with my tale.

"As I walked out of the lift and was about to stroll out of the reception area, I felt four hands dragging me somewhere. Before I Know what was going on, I was in the girls' toilet in the first floor stuck with them both. I was about to protest and leave when they locked the door and asked me to keep quiet. They explained to me what had transpired. Apparently Kyuhyun of Suju wrote Seohyun a letter of confession and somehow she decided that he was the better man and could provided her the happiness she was craving for. They then said that all of the other members are on my side and that they will support me if I decide to confront her about this. 'She is our sister in all but blood, I would do whatever it is to ensure she stays happy but in this case I'm sure that she did you wrong. We saw that you were very nice, sweet and was the perfect boyfriend that we all crave for. I apologise for all the hurt that she caused you' was all that Tiffany said." I paused, collecting whatever composure I had left before proceeding to finish the story. Shinhye held my hand and gave it a kiss.

"I cried like a kid after that. I did not understand why I did but I just did. Jessica hugged me and told me it would be all okay in a gentle tone that differs so much from her cold exterior poker face that she always have. I asked them if I was a bad boyfriend to her till the extent of her accepting any guy so quickly into her life. They assured me no and said that they do not know what is going on in the head of their maknae. Since then, whenever we meet privately, they would always be very nice to me, it is as if they want to compensate for her mistake. They do not need to do that but I am glad that they still do. I asked Yoona about it and she told me that she feels that all of them feel that I deserved a better ending than the one she gave me. You did notice how Yoona held my hand and spoken to me in banmal? I feel that some of them do treat me as their brother in law already, so dont misunderstand. The funniest thing is that they broke up three months after they got together." I said and used my free hand to comb my hair back.

Right on cue, the food came, while the waitress was placing all the dishes and utensils on the table, I wriggle my hand free from hers but she held firm and gave me a look that plainly said 'try it again and you will get it later'. I just chuckled to myself and mouthed gomawo to her.

"Tch, I just do not want any unnecessary rurmours about us, why did you glare at me?" I said after the waitress left.

"Ehhhhhhh, You were the one who said that this is your friends shop, so there should be no problems." she gave me her patented grin and I laughed as I was beaten at my own game since usually I had the last laugh when it comes to casual bickering.

"Can I have my hand back? We can chat more after we devour all these alright?" I said proceeded to untangle my hand from hers.

For a moment I though I saw a tinge of sadness when i dislodged my hand from hers or was I hallucinating? 

"Wae? Never seen a beauty like me before?' she said after she caught me staring at her face and she made some modelling poses.

'Come to think of it, Shinhye is beautiful even without make up!' I thought to myself.

"Aish, jinjia! I'm ignoring you! Steak here I come!" she said and went to cut the steak.

I laughed at her antics and proceeded to eating my pasta.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~To be continued~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

 

 

A.N : I went on a cruise and I came back around 2 days ago. Wasn't that all fun but I will gladly take a break from the hectic life in Singpapore.
Funny thing is that on the cruise I saw like alot of things related to Yongshin. People wearing a fan shirt of Shin hye, teenage girls blasting I'm sorry on their earphones. Haha, maybe it is a hint for me to udpate my fic when I do get back. So here I am. As usual, review and comment. Do tell me if the concept of his and her POV is okay or you all want me to stick with one person's pov only

P.S : I do not hate Seohyun, please do not flame me. In fact i shipped Yongseo from the start till I watched Heartstrings.
P.P.S: Oh I do read all comments by the way, you can ask me questions about myself or about the story, I will do my best to answer them.
P.P.P.S: I am a er for band music, maroon 5, mcfly, so when kpop was the hottest thing in town, I followed Cnblue as their music is nice. So I started off my Kpop culture with Cnblue music, brnaching out to variety shows with them, WGM, Running man. So I started shipping Yongseo till I watched YAB and Heartstrings, haha. I realiesed that the chemistry between that is present in Yongshin is so much better than Yongseo. I just feel that I need to explain myself or you guys might get the impression that I hate Seohyun and Kyuhyun. Hahaha alright enough of my ranting before you guys fall asleep. Thanks for reading and see you at my next update!