110511

Of time, love and separation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 5, 2011

 

Almost a month has passed by so fast that  I almost didn't notice that it's already a day before Kris' birthday. A lot of things happened, me and Kris had our first fight ever because of the simple fact that I forgot to tell him that I would be late for our movie night out because I was caught up by my classmates and Joon. The latter one being in the picture even made him a little madder. But what I loved about Kris was he didn't let the day finish without apologizing and making it up to me. Seeing him stand outside my house at the middle of the night with balloons and flowers were more than enough for me to forget that we actually fought over something silly. And our second month was just like our first one, full of romance and sweetness all thanks to Kris. He just announced to everyone in the university for the second time around that I am his. I was surprised to hear his voice echoing around the university hallways, around the whole university campus to be exact, confessing how much he loves me. And like the first time, my tears were present again. Not only that, he asked me to dance with him in front of thousands of students, at the made up stage he and the others prepared at the campus quadrangle. That day happened like we were inside our own bubble. It was even surreal. 

 

"Noona. Are you done with the cake now?" Sehun poked my side, waking me up from my trance of memories. I looked at him then back at the chocolate cake I just finished frosting with chocolate icing.

"Yeah. It's all good now. Are the foods prepared?" I asked back, looking around. The kitchen was already in a mess, all of our friends busy finishing the preparation for Kris' surprise birthday party. We were at Chanyeol's pad, where the party will be held.

"Yah. We still have a few hours before the party starts noona. Why don't you sleep yet? You look really tired." Kai then butted in, getting a good look on my face. I just made a face at him, pushing him aside.

"But really noona. You look floaty and all. You need some rest." Kai insisted, shaking his head.
 
"I'm fine. I'm just really nervous about this. This is the first time I'll be doing this. And I want this to be perfect." I sighed.

And this might be the last too. 

"Don't worry. Hyung will like this noona. I'm sure of that." Sehun encouraged me, giving me an 'ok' sign. I could only smile back, my heart being eaten by some weird feeling, my stomach was never at peace thinking of all possible scenarios for later.


"The cupcakes looks really good Hyuna~! Can you make some of these too for my birthday?" Luhan oppa beamed at me once he saw the finish product of the 3 tier cupcake tower I especially prepared. Every cupcake has different frosting, spelling out something for Kris to read.

I gave him a soft smile, a smile that's almost too heartbreaking for me to do. But I need to stay strong. I need to get pass this tonight. For Kris. 

"Aish. It's so sweet I'm getting goosebumps." Everyone laughed hearing Baekhyun comment when he read the simple message I left on my masterpieces. I just simply smiled, my insides in haywire. 


"He's going to love this Hyuna. You'll make him the happiest. You'll make this birthday for him the best one." Joonmyeon oppa sincerely told me, patting my shoulder once he cornered me inside the kitchen.

"I hope so oppa. I still think that something is lacking." I sighed, leaning myself against the counter. Everything has been settled inside the living room, the foods prepared and the surprise plan. 

"Trust me. What's important to him is that he has you Hyun. You're everything he needs to be happy. I know its overrated to say that but as we can see base on our perspectives, we're just speaking the truth. You make him the happiest just by being beside him." He added, making my heart ache again. Why must this happen?

"Cheer up okay? It's his birthday.. You prepared for it, I know you feel nervous and it's okay. But you need to smile now. Anytime soon, he'll be showing up already."

If he only knows why I'm this nervous. He wouldn't be saying that. I'm sorry oppa.

"N-neh. I will oppa. Thank you. For everything." I said, giving him a hug. He returned with a smile and lead me back to the living room. Everything was set. A birthday greeting banner was hanged, everyone ready to go to their hiding places. I stood on the middle, where the cake was.

"They're here!! Hiding places everyone!!" Tao shrieked, running to his hiding place behind the coat hanger, so did everyone. I remained on the same spot, inhaling deeply. 

Everyone went quiet as we heard footsteps nearing. And in a few seconds, the door opened, letting Kris in. And even before he can switch the lights on, I lit up the candles revealing myself.

"Happy birthday to you~" I sang softly, holding the cake and smiling at him, my eyes focused on him only. I was shaking inside and I have to give myself two thumbs up when I finished the song gracefully, Kris gaping at me in surprise that it made me giggle.

"Happy birthday Kris." I smiled, and that's the queue for the gang to shout and greet him a happy birthday. Party poppers popped here and there, the shreds of colored papers and confetti strings flew everywhere when the lights came back on. 

"Happy birthday!!" Everyone shouted in unison, snapping Kris ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter