031614

Of time, love and separation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 16, 2014

Hyuna's POV

 

I woke up hearing the doorbell of my apartment ringing. Sleepily and groggily, I made my way out to check who was my early intruder. I carefully opened the door and peeked outside, and to my surprise, no one was there. But a long rectangular box was sitting right in front of where I'm standing. With curiosity, I picked it up and examined it. My name was neatly written on the card and the handwriting was painfully familiar. 

 

Way too familiar.

 

And when I opened the box, a long stemmed white rose was inside. I looked around the place, my heartbeat accelerating as every second pass by. Who left this rose? There's no name on it but that handwriting, I can't be mistaken. I've seen him write my name a thousand of times. And it's the very same way.

 

Where is he? Why did he leave this rose? 

 

"K-Kris." My lips quivered just saying his name. For the last time, I looked around, not even minding the hot liquid blurring my eye sight. I tried to call his name a little louder but no one answered. 

 

He's not here. But this rose. It brought my hopes up that he still loves me. That he still think of me. He did hold on to us right? 

 

Hugging the box close to my chest, I walked back inside my apartment, a smile on my face already. It's fine that he hasn't showed up. But I know the time will come that he will. 

 

==

 

The entire day at school, even my classmates noticed that never faltering smile on my face. They all commented how I'm in a very good mood that I looked so different. That I looked very happy and that they haven't seen my eyes sparkle the same way it was sparkling that day. And to answer them, I just smiled and told them how my morning went really good.

 

Thanks to that white rose. 

 

"Hyuna. Do you wanna go to the library for the research paper?" I heard Tracy, one of my closest friends I've met here in London ask me while we were packing up our things after our last class.

"Yeah. Sure. We could probably stay a little longer so we could finish it early." I answered in perfect english, smiling at her. Once done, we headed to where the library was located. On our way, we chatted about random things and shared a good laugh.

Here in London, no one knows about Kris and my life back in Korea. To them, I'm just a simple exchange student who wants to ace all of my subjects. No one here knows how much I'm missing the people I left back at home.

"You search for our spot and I'll search for the books that we need." I told her before we went on separate ways, me heading to the bookshelves while she went the opposite side. I carefully scanned the shelves so I won't miss any of the books that I'm looking for. And while I'm busy searching, the university's PA system went on. It usually happens everytime when the deans or university heads has important announcements. I wonder what it is this time. 

But flashbacks three years ago, played in my head and I can't help but miss him even more. The time when he did his confession over the campus PA booth, all the good memories I have of him. 

Unknowingly, a sad smile crept on my lips. Those good old times. I wonder if there's still possibility that it would happen again. Because I miss him like hell.

 

I miss his unending sweetness, the butterflies he gives me.

 

A voice echoed around the whole library.

 

And it made me freeze on my spot. My blood ran cold.

 

Am I hallucinating because I'm missing him that much?

 

"Good afternoon to everyone. I would just like to say something. I'm not a student here but the person I love is. I've waited for her for more than two years now, and here I am, confessing again. She didn't asked me to wait for her to comeback but I still did. Because I love her. Only her. But I don't think I could wait any longer. I believe I'm already the best man that actually fits her. And here I am, chasing after the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter