032714 2/2

Of time, love and separation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 27, 2014

Hyuna's POV

I just can't hide the excitement I was feeling. Even if the proposal happened a few hours ago, but the feeling remained. Like I'm still on cloud 9. It's surreal knowing I will spending my forever with the only person I love.

"Hyuna?" I turned around hearing Mrs. Wu's voice. I quickly did a 90 degree bow to show sign of respect. We were currently at the Wu's residence for a small dinner get together by the elder couple. Even my mom was present.

 

"You don't have to be so formal. Be comfortable with me sweetie." She smiled so kindly, taking the seat beside me.

"Ah. Yes auntie. I'm sorry. J-Just force of habit." But deep inside, I feel nervous. Sure that they welcomed me warmly when we arrived. But sitting like this with my future mother in law, it's nerve wrecking.

"You know, I'm glad that my son actually met you few years back then. Because he has you as his inspiration, he did his best. He wanted to impress you." She added a chuckle making me smile too. I wanted to tell her too how thankful I am myself that I was with her son. 

"When you left, he was devastated at first. But he took it in the lighter way. He took it as another drive to become better. Because he wanted to be the perfect match when you come back." I felt her soft and warm hand clasping mine. I can feel that her smiles were all sincere and that's enough to make me feel relax.

"He's more than perfect for me auntie. Kris, is really a nice guy. And he's one of a kind. He waited for me even if I told him not to. I can't be grateful enough for the auntie." Every words came straight from my heart. 

"I can't believe that anytime soon, my only son will get married. And to the only girl that he loves. I couldn't be any happier." My heart fluttered hearing those meaningful words from his mom. "I know my son will take care of you dearly Hyuna. And my only wish is that you do the same to him. I know you love him as much as he loves you and you will. As a mother, I just want to hear it directly from you." She added. 

"O-Of course auntie. I will. I will take care of Kris. And thank you for trusting me, and accepting me wholeheartedly. Thank you so much."

"Oh. You're welcome sweetheart. I'm glad that it's actually you. And thank you too. You'll be doing me a lifetime favor. Thank you." She hugged me tightly, like a mother would hug her children. Right then, I knew I just had a second mother to love me, and guide me. The gratefulness I'm feeling can't be any greater. 

 

======


It was right after I finished showering when my cellphone rang. Thinking that it was Kris, I quickly headed out to answer it without even bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Noona?" It was Kai. I've been waiting to hear from him since earlier. I wanted to talk to him, hug him and just see him. I've reunited with everyone but not him. 

"Jongin." 

"I'm outside noona. Can we talk?" He asked, sadness on his voice. Saying a quick yes, I changed and headed downstairs.

I was anticipating for him to finally explain what really happened. Everything between me and Kris were finally okay and I want the same for tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter