110611

Of time, love and separation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 6, 2011

 

Kris POV

Waking up after a wonderful night would be even better if I open my eyes to see Hyuna beside me. But she wasn't there. There were no signs of her even. I tried calling out her name but no one answered.

Maybe she went home early, I tried calming my mind down. Sighing, I got up and headed back to the house which I found empty too. My parents aren't home either. What a morning for my birthday. I fished out my phone and to my disappointment, even no text message from her. I've tried re-reading the messages I got, all of them are from our friends. Not even a single message from her. 

"Maybe she's got another surprise." I smiled a little, remembering last night. Everything felt surreal. It was the best night of all my birthdays. All thanks to only one person, Hyuna. Having her was enough, and it's the best birthday present ever. She's everything I could ask for. And I do regret being a sissy. If I had enough guts in the past, she would've been mine already two years ago. 


After an hour of preparing, I headed down to school. I tried calling her again while driving but it just reached her voicemail. That girl might've overslept. And it's all my fault. I'll just make it up to her later. We had an arrangement of eating dinner with my parents anyway. I'm sure she wouldn't ditch. 

"Kai!" I hollered once I saw Kai running down the hall. He stopped hearing me and went over to me. After greeting me for the nth time, he asked me the same question I was about to ask him.

"You haven't seen Hyuna yet?" I asked, frowning a bit. He shook his head, also clueless about her whereabouts.

"I tried calling her earlier but she won't answer. The last time I saw her was last night already." He answered, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Arasso. I'll just probably drop by her house. Oh. And tell Chanyeol and Tao that we don't have practice today. Also, dinner at my house at 7." I gave his back a slight pat, and headed to the other way. I took my phone out and called Hyuna again. If earlier I was reaching her voicemail, this time the phone's totally dead already which worried me. What if something happened to her?

No. That's impossible. She would call me. Her phone's just probably out of battery. And she's peacefully sleeping back at home. Once I reached my car, I remembered to call Sehun too to ask. Maybe he would know.

"Hey. Sehun-ah?" I called out as soon as he answered the phone.

"Yeah hyung?" Something seems off. Sehun's voice was too quiet and sad. Did something happen? I frowned at the thought.

"Are you with your noona? She's not answering her phone. Even Kai can't contact her." I asked, patiently waiting for him to answer. But the line went really quiet. The silence made my insides crumble in fear. It's not a good sign. 

"Sehun? Yah. Are you there?" 

"Hyung. N-Noona's just busy. S-Sorry." And the line went dead. I frowned when I saw that he cut the line off. What's going on? Not even thinking twice, I got inside the car and  quickly drove off to her house. I don't care about classes anymore. I'd rather know first what's happening and where's Hyuna. For goodness sake, it's my birthday and something weird, something wrong is happening. And I'm not liking this weird feeling.

Once I arrived at her place, I quickly jumped out of my car and rang the doorbell. I waited for a few seconds and the gate was opened by Miss Cho, her mom's assistant.

"Is Hyuna inside?" I asked without wasting any time. But the middle aged lady just stared at me with solemn eyes. And instead of answering, she lead me inside the house which was very quiet. I looked around and called out Hyuna's name but no one answered. 

"Kris?" I whipped around and came face to face with Mrs. Kim, and with an unknown reason, she seemed too surprise to see me.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter