Getting to Know Him

Beside You

After weeks of sitting beside each other, Daehyun and Hyeri went from almost complete strangers to friends. There was a part in Hyeri or rather, quite a huge part in her that wanted to know more about this guy beside her but she didn't really know much about his personal life other than the fact that he hanged out with his friends almost everyday after school. She didn't know much about him because he hardly talks about himself. Most of the time, he was just talking to Youngjae about soccer, the matches he watched and played. Of course, he only held conversations with Youngjae in between classes while waiting for their teacher to enter the classroom because he had to talk a little louder since Youngjae was seated slightly further from him.

Hyeri and Daehyun did have some conversations here and there and she guessed it was probably because he sure wouldn't want to be caught talking to Minji, that bimbo behind him. Their conversations between each other were quite short and simple. They talked about the usuals, homework, questions and stuff. They helped each other when the teachers suddenly questioned them on their teaching content. Usually, Hyeri will help Daehyun out because Hyeri was a more well-behaved student as compared to Daehyun but only because she did her homework. Somehow, teachers liked getting Daehyun to answer their questions.

There were times when Hyeri grew bored of classes because she had short attention span. This was when she wanted to talk to Daehyun but whenever she peeked at him, he seemed to be really paying attention. She would just end up daydreaming. Her daydreaming did not last long though. Hyeri got bored quite quickly. She decided to just do some questions on her own and this was when she learnt something new about Daehyun.

"Hey, do you know how to do this?" Hyeri asked Daehyun, pointing her finger at the question.

"No?" Daehyun replied with an embarrassed laugh.

"Really? I thought you were paying attention?" Hyeri replied.

"I wasn't. I was just staring into space." He said.

"Really? Wow." Hyeri was a little impressed with his zoning out 'skills'.

"I'm a pro huh?" Daehyun flashed a smile while Hyeri just rolled her eyes and laughed.

This guy is cute. Hyeri thought inwardly. She didn't know why she didn't mind that he was boasting about himself in a joking manner. She used to hate this kind of people a lot.

She learnt that Daehyun's zoning out level was at a 'pro' stage.

 

After school, Hyeri went to meet her best friend, Jinri from another class. Hyeri found out that Daehyun also has quite a few close friends, BAP in Jinri's class. Since everyone was friends with each other, Daehyun, Hyeri, Jinri, Youngjae and BAP sometimes hung out together after school at the fast food restaurant which was a few blocks away from school, the school's nearby shopping centre or just laze around in school. Usually if they hung out after school, they would have lunch and study together in a big group. However, it wasn't really wise studying in a big group as Hyeri usually only study well by herself, in a quiet environment but she couldn't say no hanging out with her best friend and especially her newly made friends after knowing that they were a really fun bunch to be with. Of course, she didn't know the real reason of wanting to hang out with them.

As usual, Hyeri and Jinri would be one of the slower walkers because they actually gossiped a lot.Girls~ While gossiping, Hyeri would always tend to keep her eyes on a certain someone. She didn't notice the fact that she was always looking at him. She however, noted how he slouches slightly while walking, how he would playfully push and whack his friends, how he would wrap his arm around his friends as if tackling them. She also noticed how he would sometimes act intimate with some of his friends. She even wondered if he was gay. Despite his weird actions and behaviour, she could not deny that he is quite cute. She was not aware of how her heart felt about him though.

Once they reached the fast food restaurant, they settled down and took turns ordering their burgers. This time, Hyeri didn't know why she didn't want to sit beside Daehyun but slightly further from him. She didn't know that she was actually shy. Afterall, they were only friends and it was quite normal for girls to sit with girls and guys to sit with guys.

Daehyun, instead of studying, decided to do something stupid and he distracted his friends as well as Hyeri. He chewed on ice, took a straw and put it into his mouth, aiming at Zelo's head and the small bits of ice successfully landed on his head. Daehyun started laughing and aiming more of his friends. Yes, it was quite gross but Hyeri only thought that he was funny, bringing laughter around.

Hyeri wanted to join in the fun, did the same stupid thing as Daehyun, only to have the ice land on a stranger's head. OOPS!! She timidly apologized.

"You're lousy!" Daehyun laughed jokingly. Hyeri however, didn't know if she felt hurt by his remark but somehow, she enjoyed the tease she got from him because friends tease each other right? She just hope she didn't come off as too unlady-like. After all the teasings and playing, they burried their heads into their books. They managed to study a little, if that's even counted as studying. 

Soon, it was dark and everyone needed to head home, Hyeri stayed a little further away from most of the BAP members and Jinri as well, she called for her parents to fetch her and they were nice enough to wait with her for her parents to reach.

Throughout the night, all that was in Hyeri's head was that ice spitting incident, how that certain person thought of her. 

 

Finally updated! I'm really sorry with the slow updates. I had close to zero motivation to update this fic because I feel like it's not very interesting. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though I feel like this is so y.

Thank you all my almost 200 subscribers and 17 upvotes! I'm always thankful for my readers support!

A really late Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my readers!!