Bad Boy's Girlfriend

Beside You

 

Hyeri thought that the guys were joking but they really meant business. The stupid piece of artwork with that girl's name on it was really given to her no thanks to that busybody and traitor Byun Baekhyun. If they weren't best friends, she would have strangled Baekhyun on the spot.

 

Questions were floating in Hyeri's head. Did Daehyun really like that girl? Did he like her to that extent of confession? Well, he didn't really confess but it wouldn't be any less of a confession when the paper falls into her hands. Does the girl like Daehyun? Will she return his feelings? Aish. Why has everything got to be so damn complicated? Where could Hyeri get her answers from?

 

 

“You know what?” Baekhyun asked after Hyeri during their break while they were eating.

 

“What?” Hyeri snapped. She was feeling moody the entire day because you know why.

 

“What's with that tone? She told me she likes Daehyun too!” Baekhyun commented and then diverted her attention to the gossip.

 

“Oh. So? It's not my business.” Hyeri replied. Well , if she likes him and he likes her too...

 

“Are you sure? Oh well, just thought you would be interested in the gossip.” Baekhyun shrugged and stuffed his mouth with rice. Maybe this would urge you to give up on Daehyun...

 

 

It was the period after break and you were paying attention when you noticed Daehyun was being figety.

 

“What's up with you?” You whispered. Daehyun then nodded his head towards the window and there the girl was. Was he figety because he was shy that she was around or he was uncomfortable at the fact that she was loitering outside their classroom just to see him? Probably the former, Hyeri thought sadly.

 

“Oh~ Your crush is outside. Did you accept her? Are you both together now?” She wriggled her eyebrows even though it kinda hurt her thinking of it that way. She wanted to show that their relationship progress did not mean a thing to her.

 

“She's not my crush. We're not together.” Daehyun quickly denied the fact. Hyeri was a little surprised at how quick his reaction was and she felt a smile creeping up her face even though she tried not to be affected by it.

 

“She really likes you right?” Hyeri asked.

 

“But I don't feel that way for her!” Daehyun replied. Hyeri stole a glance out of the window and realised she was gone. Hyeri didn't realise that Daehyun did not answer her question but instead denied that he had feelings for that girl.

 

“Daehyun, would you like to answer this question?” Their teacher interrupted their conversation. ! How would he know how to answer? He wasn't even listening!

 

“Erm.. Ah.. You see...” Daehyun stuttered while looking over to Hyeri for help. Hyeri shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know the answer as well.

 

“Yes? I'm waiting.” The teacher prompted Daehyun.

 

“I am actually quite lost about the concept. Can you go through it again?” Daehyun replied. The class laughed thinking that it was funny how he could get out of answering the question.

 

“Very funny Daehyun, stop talking to Hyeri during lesson time and pay attention.” The teacher scolded but let him off. Ooos and ahhs could be heard coming from their classmates. How childish.

 

When it was time to do their own work, Hyeri started talking to Daehyun again.

 

“If you don't feel that way for her then why did you draw it and pass it to her?” Hyeri asked.

 

“For fun. How would I know Baekhyun will pass it to her? How would I know she would like me just by receiving that lame drawing? It's quite funny actually if you think about it. Hahaha.” Daehyun laughed. So it was all a joke? Playing with an innocent girl's feelings was funny to him? That's mean of him but Hyeri would rather this than him really falling for that girl. Hyeri got worried and moody for nothing? Aish this Daehyun... Unknowingly, she felt a weight lifted off her heart.

 

The day went by as usual and when the both of them got home did their stuff and then texted each other when the both of them were already in bed.

 

(Words in blue are Daehyun's messages to Hyeri and words in red are Hyeri's messages to Daehyun)

 

Gosh she's so annoying. Hyeri got excited. Daehyun seldom complained about people.

 

Who?

 

You know who. Hyeri snotted.

 

Oh... HAHAHA. Just stop replying her.

 

I'm not so mean. This time, she laughed out loud.

 

HAHAHA. JUNG DAEHYUN NOT MEAN? You wouldn't have done that if you were not mean.

 

Yeah yeah whatever. Help me think of something to make her stop.

 

What? I don't know. Your problem, you settle it yourself. XD

 

Who's the mean one now? >:( She was smiling to herself at their silly conversation.

 

Just tell her you don't like her and it was a joke. There. Contributed!

 

She didn't believe me. -.- She said love can blossom. Is this what a junior girl should say? Damn...

 

Then prove it to her.

 

How? Yell at her? Hit her? Get a girlfriend?

 

HAHAHA. I don't know. Your choice. Hyeri's heart was pounding faster and faster as the conversation progressed. That word came out too sudden and random.

 

Okay. Then you be my fake girlfriend. Wait WHAT?! BE HIS GIRLFRIEND? As much as Hyeri wanted to, she didn't want. Fake? No thanks. Though she must admit that that offer sounded extremely tempting.

 

No thank you.

 

I thought we were friends? Why don't you help me? TT.TT She's gonna bug me for life because you don't want to help me. Are you willing to see me suffer? Yup, totally guilt tripping Hyeri.

 

Aish... Fine fine. Hyeri sounded anything but reluctant.

 

Yay thanks girlfriend! :) “Woww!!!” Hyeri yelled and kicked in bed when she saw that message from Daehyun. Even though the both of them were aware it wasn't a real relationship, she deserved to be happy even if it wouldn't last long. A girl could dream right? Girlfriend! He called her girlfriend!

 

You owe me.

 

Yeah yeah, I will get you your favourite candy. Pig. ^^

 

Good night! >:(

 

Good night

 

 

Girlfriend. She never knew how one word could have this much of an effect on her. She was smiling silly and her heart seemed like she ran a marathon. It this how it feels like when one is in love? Hyeri can't wait to see Daehyun tomorrow.

 

 

To be honest, I don't even know what I'm doing with this fic. It just seem all over the place. :( I really hope I find back the drive I had with MGP and HEA?.