Confession Or?

Beside You

 

Today. Today Hyeri's going to confess to Daehyun. Well, sort of confess. She was going to tell him her feelings and hopefully she wouldn't be a coward.

 

It was about 8pm and Hyeri was doing her History homework in front of the computer with the online chatroom contacts displayed on her screen. She knew Daehyun would be online almost every night and the both of them would usually chat. Even during their busy period where school work would get overwhelming, when either of them were not able to use the computer, the both of them would text almost every night. It would feel weird if they were not communicating after school hours. Just then, a small window showed up at the right bottom of the screen indicating that Daehyun was online.

 

Hyeri waited for a few minutes before initiating a conversation with Daehyun so as to not seem so stalkerish. Hyeri clicked on his email address and a window popped up.

 

'Hi!!' Hyeri started cheerful.

 

'Hey What's up?' Within seconds, Daehyun replied. Hyeri was happy that he was replying rather quickly.

 

'Nothing much. Just doing History homework. So boreddddd

U?' Hyeri sat up straight, clearly excited to chat with him.

 

'Watching random Youtube videos.' Daehyun replied and posted a few links of the most random videos of people doing weird stuff like pouring coke on pork to see maggots grow, exploding microwaves, random dogs dancing. She wondered how he got onto that side of the net. It was hilarious. Hyeri too started sharing random music videos, nursery rhymes, epic fails and other random stuff, probably to destress. She liked how Daehyun was random like that. There wasn't a dull time when she was chatting with him. Even if there was silence, it was comfortable.

 

After about an hour of random videos (which Hyeri found that time was passing faster than expected) they moved on to games. Daehyun sent a request of Connect 4 and Hyeri gladly accepted the match.

 

'Loser buys candy! XD' Daehyun typed. Hyeri smiled. Forever thinking of food, this Daehyun.

 

'Set! Get ready to buy candies for me!' She replied.

 

'We'll see. I'm a pro at this game. * Winks * ' He typed back and started the game. She could only roll your eyes. Was this subtle flirting? Hyeri didn't know.

 

'HA!! Told you so!! I want a pink candy tomorrow.' Daehyun typed after the first round.

 

'Rematch!' Hyeri, not wanting to accept defeat, restarted the game and made the first move.

 

'YES!! HAHAHA! You owe me candy too! I want a pink one!!' She typed.

 

' -.- ' Daehyun replied with this.

 

'What?' Hyeri asked.

 

'Nothing. Go and do your work.' Daehyun replied.

 

' I want my candy!' Hyeri reminded him. She felt like a kid. Even though it was just sweets, it would be her first gift from Daehyun. She was definitely going to treasure it.

 

'Fine fine.' He replied.

 

Even though he asked Hyeri to do her work, he was back to sending random videos. He was sending random song lyrics video when Hyeri realised, they were all love songs.

 

'Can I tell you something?' She asked. This was it, she was going to say it. It was now or never.

 

'What?' He replied. Hyeri's hands stayed frozen resting on the keyboard as she bit her bottom lip. She felt her heart thumping extremely loud, like it was just beside her ears. She didn't know why she would be this nervous. She was behind a screen, she wasn't even face to face with him! If she was, she would probably have already fainted.

 

'Maybe I should rethink this. I don't want to spoil our friendship.'

 

'But you will regret if you're not gonna tell him!'

 

'What if things get awkward? How am I going to face him tomorrow?'

 

'You have Baekhyun's backup plan. Just tell him!'

 

Hyeri's inner thoughts argued in her head.

 

'What is it?' Daehyun typed probably after waiting for some time.

 

Here goes nothing.

 

'I like you.' She quickly typed and pressed the 'enter' button before she coward out. Hyeri felt like she was going to have a heart attack while waiting for his reply. IT'S BEEN FIVE MINUTES!

 

'You there?' Hyeri asked. He still didn't reply. . I SCREWED UP!

 

'April Fools!' Hyeri speed typed hoping that Baekhyun's lame idea would work. It was her only hope. So much for confessing... There goes her candy. What candy, her friendship with him was probably gone too...

 

 

I'm back! I hope! A really short update because I felt like it. I'm planning to slowly continue this fic after MIAing for quite some time. I wonder if my readers are still with me... To be honest, I was reluctant and didn't know what to do or how to continue with this fic. I had a really brief outline but the previous chapter made me kinda stuck. Decided to start slow hence the really short update. I read all the past comments again and they gave me the motivation to continue this fic so I'm really thankful for all the motivational comments and encouragement from my readers. I really hope this will be up to your expectations since it's been a really really long time. Let me try and get back on track for this fic and see how this will go. Thank you all my lovely people!