With Baekhyun

Beside You

“Wanna go study?” Baekhyun asked Hyeri in between classes when there was no teacher in class.

 

“Wow, your parents actually let you out?” Hyeri joked. Baekhyun rolled his eyes but knew that Hyeri wasn't serious.

 

“Yeah, I need help with um... Math.” He added.

 

“Oh okay. Sure! I need to study too.” Hyeri replied.

 

Baekhyun honestly wanted to just spend time Hyeri. He was actually quite surprised she would study with him, just them two since she would usually bring Jinri. To make it seem less obvious, he used Math since it was one of Hyeri's better subjects.

 

The both of them went to a cafe nearby to study, or at least supposed to.

 

The started off pretty well, Hyeri managed to help Baekhyun with one question. Yes, just one and then it was just talking, talking and more talking.

 

“Gonna get a drink, you want any? White Chocolate?” Baekhyun asked, he knew her favourites.

 

“Yup! Thanks!” Hyeri said. Hyeri did a few math sums while Baekhyun went to get drinks.

 

“Here you go!” Baekhyun said as he placed a piece of tissue on the table before placing the cup on top of it.

 

“Thanks!” Hyeri beamed as she took a sip from her drink.

 

“Haha! Look at you!” Baekhyun laughed as he took another piece of tissue to wipe her lips. If only I could kiss- no wait! What are you thinking Byun

Baekhyun!? She's your best friend! And she already has someone she fancies.

 

“What! Don't laugh at me!” Hyeri frowned but couldn't help it but giggled as well.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Baekhyun asked her when he saw her biting fingernails and playing with her fingers, a habit when she was thinking of something (it was obviously not Math).

 

“Can I ask you something? You should know how a guy thinks right?” Hyeri suddenly sat up eagerly. Oh no, she's gonna ask about Daehyun.

 

“Do you think Daehyun likes me?” Hyeri asked, slightly embarrassed for being so straightforward. I know that I like you. Why can't you see me? Can't you pay attention to me for once?

 

“I mean, I don't know what's on his mind. He talks to me, we hang out, we laugh together, he teases me, we make fun of each other playfully and I think he's secretly looking at me sometimes.” Hyeri blabbered and then felt her cheeks blush knowing how crazy she sounded.

 

“Would a guy do that to any female friends?” Hyeri asked. I don't know about Daehyun but I know I won't treat other girls the way I would treat you.

 

“Baek?” Hyeri called out when she saw him dazing.

 

“I don't know. Every guy thinks differently.” Baekhyun just shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Not helping~” Hyeri sang.

 

“What about you? Will you treat a girl you like the same as the rest of your female friends? I think not because I don't see you with any other girls!” Hyeri laughed.

 

“Yeah laugh all you want.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and flicked her forehead.

 

“Ahhh!!!!” Hyeri made a frustrated sound as she doodled on her foolscape paper.

 

“Why is love so complicated?” Hyeri mumbled.

 

“Well, if you're so interested in what's on his mind, why don't you just ask him?” Baekhyun said. Hyeri stared at him in shock. Did he just ask her to confess to him?!

 

“Ask him? You mean confess to him?! Won't it be awkward?! What if he doesn't like me? Oh man, it's gonna be so embarrassing!” Hyeri went on.

 

“You'll never know what's truly on his mind until you ask him.” Baekhyun tempted her to confess. Sorry for being selfish but I hope he doesn't feel the same way for you, that way you would give up. Right?

 

“You really think I should confess to him?! Wait, wouldn't guys find it weird if girls make the first move?” Hyeri leant forward, feeling excited. Deep in her heart, she always had the urge to confess her feelings to him. She just needed that push.

 

“I don't know about him but I guess some guys would like to know that people like them?” Baekhyun said.

 

“But I'm afraid...” Hyeri hesitated.

 

“Afraid that he wouldn't like you and it would be awkward? I'll teach you a trick. Hopefully it works.” Baekhyun tried to help and explained his little trick.

 

“HAHAHA! You think that would work?” Hyeri doubted him.

 

“Well, I don't know but you can try.” Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders again.

 

“Okay so it's settled! I'll confess my feelings for him! You'll support me right?” Hyeri asked.

 

“Yeah... Of course...” Baekhyun half-heartedly promised but Hyeri was too excited and nervous to notice.

 

“Yay! Thanks! I knew I could count on you!” Hyeri took Baekhyun's drink.

 

“Yah! That's mine!” Baekhyun scolded playfully but didn't attept to take his drink back. Hyeri just stuck out her tongue and continued sipping his tea.

 

It seemed like they were studying on Love instead of Math.

 

It's been more than three months since I last updated! >< So sorry~ I didn't have the motivation to. Trying to find back the motivation to continue this story. I hope there are still people reading this and I hope this chapter didn't bore you. Sorry for the rather short chapter~ I just wanted to get something out for me to sort of restart.

Anyway, I'm updating because I'm happy!! JONGHYUN WON HIS FIRST WIN TODAY! I'm so happy for him!

Will try my best to update this more regularly! No promises though. In the meantime, do check out another of my ongoing fic, I'll be your angel, which I'm updating slightly more often than this because I want to quickly complete that fic. While waiting for this fic to be updated, check that out maybe? haha~

Thankful to my readers for sticking by this story!