New Discovery

Beside You

"Over here!"

"Me me!!"

"Go go go!"

"Yes!"

"Score!"

"Aww good try!"

Hyeri's class was practicing for the handball game on the coming Friday and they were a motivated bunch of people. The class never gave up and put all their heart and mind into the game. It was a form of class bonding. Even those who were not representing the class volunteered to be cheerleaders, waterboys and supporters. Of course, there were the minority that went home, not interested in the games at all.

After the practice, the group came up with a group cheer to boost their morale and then parted ways. 

"So tired!!" Hyeri leant against Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Yah! You're so disgusting! Leaning on me when you're so sweaty! Take this and dry yourself!" Baekhyun handed her a towel and playfully pinched his nose. Hyeri rolled her eyes. She knew Baekhyun was joking about but she did felt a little bad so she sat up in the end. After resting for a while, Hyeri bade him goodbye as Baekhyun parents were kind of keeping him in a close watch so he usually had to go home straight after school. He already did his best by supporting the class team. Other than the fact that Baekhyun had strict parents which didn't really allowed him to hang out with Hyeri and the rest of BAP after school, Baekhyun was a good best friend. During the practice, Baekhyun would cheer on the team and Hyeri, if she was thirsty, he would get her a chilled drink to hydrate Hyeri. That was what best friends are for, they support and help each other.

As usual, Hyeri, Daehyun and Youngjae went to meet up with Jinri and the rest of the BAP friends who just ended their extra classes.

"Where are we going today?" Hyeri asked when they finally gathered. She was hoping that they would relax at their usual hangout place, the fast food restaurant.

"Home! I'm tired and my mom already cooked my dinner for me." Daehyun replied. Immediately, Hyeri felt disappointed but tried her best to not show.

"Since Hyung is going back home, I am too." Jongup added. His house was just a few blocks away from Daehyun's. The whole lot of them decided to split up and headed back home. 

When Hyeri got back home, she started doing her homework while texting Daehyun. As the both of them usually burn midnight oil together, their accompanied each other by text. It wasn't that they were exceptionally hardworking, working through the night, it was just because the both of them often waited till the last minute before doing work which resulted in late nights. Sometimes when they couldn't complete their work, they would accompany each other not doing that particular subject. Actually, it was usually Hyeri who was the one accompanying Daehyun. But she also didn't have enough energy to complete all her work and 'accompanying' Daehyun was kinda just an excuse. Besides, getting punished together would definitely be more fun than getting punished alone. Weird logic but that's what Hyeri did. 

The next day, as expected, the both of them got punished by their Chemistry teacher for not completing their work or rather, not bringing their homework. It was always better to 'leave your homework at home' rather than admitting to 'forgetting to do' because teachers might make the students do them after class. Hyeri didn't get why teachers liked giving them so much work. Hello, don't the teachers know that students need their social life?!

The both of them grew even closer as time went by. Daehyun would tell jokes, sometimes really lame jokes but Hyeri always entertained him by laughing at his jokes and actions. She didn't know that it wasn't really a natural reaction to laugh at whatever someone says. If it was someone else, Hyeri would have covered her ears with her palms and might even request to exchange seats with someone so that she would be far away. Ocassionally, Daehyun would make a lame joke even he knew it was not even worth smiling and he would see Hyeri laughing. He would then make a straight face as asked if it was really funny. Hyeri found his straight face exceptionally cute and charming.

While breaks were always spent with Baekhyun, her afternoons were more often then not, with Daehyun. Of course, she didn't make it too obvious that she wanted to spend time with him. She would head to Jinri's class knowing that Daehyun and Youngjae would look for Jongup who was in Jinri's class as well. From there, they would decide where to head to.

That particular day, the lot of them decided to head to a street stall which was a few streets away from school. They didn't mind walking together because it was always lively in a big group.

Hyeri walked and chatted with Youngjae because Daehyun was talking with Ara and Jinri was walking with Jongup. Hyeri was oftenly glancing at Daehyun, not that she purposely wanted to, her eyes just found her way to him and she wasn't really fond of the way Daehyun was interracting with Ara. Daehyun was making her laugh by playfully making fun of her, teasing her and even touched her hair a few times. Hyeri believed that she was not eyeing them. They just happened to be doing those things when her eyes were on him. Hyeri looked to see if Jongup had any expression since Daehyun was probably a little too close to the girl that he likes. Apparently, Jongup was busy talking with Jinri to notice anything. It was a known fact in their group that Jongup liked Ara a lot. There just wasn't any progress between the both of them and Jongup being Jongup, didn't really make his move.

"Is Daehyun and Ara close?" Hyeri boldly ask Youngjae.

"Yea I guess. Probably because they have the same birthdays. Daehyun kinda likes her a little more than just a friend. OOPS! I said too much!!! Pretend you didn't hear it from me." Youngjae blabbered. Hyeri was lost for words...

"Oh...." She managed to keep her cool and mumbled something.

"Does Ara like him?" She swallowed. Youngjae shrugged his shoulders. 

"No one knows what she feels for anybody." Youngjae replied. Hyeri took another glance at the both of them. Ara was playfully pulling his bag, giggling. Her heart felt bitter.

"How about Jongup? Doesn't he know that Jongup likes her?" She continued with the topic, trying to pull the conversation of as more of a gossip to hide the fact that she actually really wanted to know more.

"I don't know too. Nothing was said between the both of them and they're still on good terms. Why are you so interested?" Youngjae gave her a suspicious look.

"Nothing! Just being nosy!" Hyeri smiled but in actual fact, Hyeri suddenly lost the mood to chill with them...

 

Updating after almost a month with a crappy update... Only updating because I'M SO HAPPY WITH BAP'S FIRST WIN!!! REALLY PROUD OF THEM!!

Sorry for not updating for such a long time. I really had no motivation at all to continue this story. I even had thoughts of deleting this story because I don't know what direction this story is heading to. It just seems so boring to me, that not many is reading more or less, enjoying this fic...  :(