Little Things

Beside You

Hyeri can't help but observe Daehyun's actions after having feelings for him. The difference in the way he interacted with her and with the other girls in class. To be honest, there wasn't much interaction of him with the other girls since he was always with the guys and since Hyeri sat beside him, she was almost the only girl he talked to. That made Hyeri really happy.

Hyeri had thoughts of letting her feelings known but she was uncertain. What if their friendship changed the moment she told him? What if he starts to avoid her? She didn't want that to happen which was why she observed if he felt the same way towards her.

Hyeri laid in bed thinking of their interraction which was more than how normal friends would be towards each other and sometimes just innocent encounters with him.

 

Like those times that Daehyun helped to take her phone and wallet from the teacher when he was collecting his. Sometimes when they had gym classes, the teacher would safekeep their valuables and return them after class. They helped each other to collect, whosever item gets called out first. She didn't see him helping other people collect other than his close guy friends in class when his playful side comes out, wanting to hide their stuff instead.

 

Then, there were those times that the back of their hand brushed against each other or they touched each other's hands accidentally. There was once when they were walking down the stairs, Hyeri was holding the rails when she accidentally held onto Daehyun's hand that was on the rails instead of holding onto the actual stair rails. Hyeri's cheeks turned a light shade of pink from the contact and she hoped Daehyun didn't witness anything. Then that time when they went to catch a movie with their usual clique after school. The both of them just happened to sit beside each other (Hyeri was actually hoping that she will have a chance to sit with him by walking behind him.). While eating popcorn which they bought a few boxes to share, Daehyun grabbed onto Hyeri's finger instead of picking the popcorn. Hyeri was taken aback and immediately retreated her hands from the box. 

"Sorry." Daehyun appologized. Hyeri shook her head, telling him that it was not a big deal. IT WAS A BIG DEAL. She wondered why the cinema was so warm after that contact.

 

Hyeri recalled that time where they were practicing for the inter-class cheer competition. In order to show team spirit and how bonded the class was, they had to form a line with their arms over the shoulders of the person beside them. Not liking skinship with her random classmates, Hyeri found herself standing closer to Daehyun. As usual, Daehyun was seldom serious. During the practices, he was running around, teasing and disturbing people like slapping the guys' butts, jumping onto his closer friends' back, having them to carry him and whatever random things he could think of doing. Hyeri stood by and watched, laughing at almost every single thing he did even when he hurt his friends with those slaps. She liked seeing playful Daehyun smiling and having fun. During those dry runs, Hyeri and Daehyun weren't really serious in the cheer. To be honest, Hyeri was just interested in seeing Daehyun for an extra day and hanging out with him since it was the weekend. During the more serious runs, Hyeri and Daehyun joined in and to Hyeri's surprise, Daehyun slung his arm around her shoulders. Hyeri then had her arm over his back since she wasn't as tall as him. Even if the entire class had to do the same thing, she could experience being in his arms. Let's just say Hyeri didn't regret sacrificing her Saturday for this extra practice. 

 

The most recent 'skinship' was the time during their community service to the home of the disabled. Hyeri wasn't afraid, she was just shy in new enviroments therefore, she subconsciously stood close to Daehyun throughout the entire three hours there. She could have looked for Baekhyun but he was in another group and let's face it, who wouldn't want to be with someone they like and fully enjoy the community service experience with him? Furthermore, Daehyun's closer guy friends were in Baekhyun's group and since they were seat partners, why not just keep each other company? Somehow, being with Daehyun made her feel safe and fun. He was either doing silly things or telling lame jokes. They even laughed at and made fun of the way some of their classmates were sitting, slightly dozing off and whatnot. 

The class had to be briefed before they started the games and they had to assemble in the court. Hyeri without thinking, just sat beside Daehyun, listening attentively to the do's and don'ts of the game since they didn't want to hurt or scared any of the people there. Hyeri sneaked a glance at Daehyun only to find him listening attentively. That image of Daehyun's serious side was really so good looking. During the briefing, one of the guys from the home touched Hyeri's hair, making her ponytail swing from left to right. He then giggled and walked off. Hyeri smiled at him though feeling puzzled at his random action.

"What?" Hyeri whispered, catching Daehyun trying not to smile.

"He touched your hair." Daehyun stated.

"I know. I saw." Hyeri replied.

"Like this." Daehyun said as he started playing with her hair as well. Hyeri tried to maintain her face, trying to hide the fact that she was excited at the fact that her crush was playing with her hair! That wasn't the only time he played with her hair. There were a few times Daehyun touched her hair claiming how soft her hair was. No, Daehyun is not a ert. It was just an honest comment. Hyeri's hair was indeed soft, long and flowy in a ponytail. Hyeri didn't like people touching her hair but when it comes to Daehyun, nothing matters.

Hyeri wasn't overreacting when she felt excited. Like girls are, she reads random stuff on the internet, things like how can you tell if a guy likes you and it just so happened that one of the points were 'when guys play with your hair'. She didn't want to put too much thought into it though, not wanting to get her hopes high but still, she couldn't help to feel excited and happy. She didn't see him touch other girls' hair before.

When it was time to play games, the class had to form a circle and to form a nice and big circle, they had to hold the hands of the person beside them. Hyeri observed that some of her classmates did not hold the hands of the person beside them if the person beside was of the opposite gender or if they weren't very close but being in a rather bonded class, most of them just held hands. She looked at her hand and then over at Daehyun's hand. How much she wanted to hold his hand but wasn't really daring enough to just grab his hand. Sighing inwardly, she looked back to the front. The next moment shocked her because she looked at her left palm again, she found his plam nicely fitted into hers. They should have played games indoors where there was aircon instead of outdoors when she was already feeling the heat, even if that holding hands action only lasted for a few seconds.

 

A smile unknowingly appeared on Hyeri's face as she stared at the ceiling waiting for the tiredness to settle in. He didn't need to stand by her on these occasions, he had the freedom to stand with other people yet he did not move away from her. Hyeri fell asleep having that one question in her mind, Does Daehyun like me too? 

 

Happy Birthday Daehyun!

Thank you guys for sticking with me even though my updates have been really really really really slow.....