Lying

Beside You

"I what?" Hyeri replied trying to sound calm that Jung Daehyun, who was now her crush, heard her. She prayed really hard that he didn't hear her accurately.

"Who do you like? Who's the him?" Daehyun nudged her and wriggled his eyebrows. 

"Why do you want to know? So nosy." Hyeri flipped through her biology textbook.

"Come on! Tell me! I can be a good judge!" Daehyun urged her. She mentally slapped herself. She could keep secrets for others well but apparently, she at keeping her own.

"No one!" She replied.

"Don't lie! You wouldn't be behaving like that if it wasn't such a big deal." Daehyun persisted. Hyeri tried to ignore his questions and read her textbook.

"Tell me!! I can help you win that person's heart! Afterall, I'm a guy too!" Daehyun said. Hyeri contemplated whether or not she should confess but it was kinda weird to do so during class time. Seeing how excited Daehyun was to find out who she likes and even volunteered to play cupid, she could somehow sense that the feelings are not reciprocal. Why would someone want to help another person get the girl when he himself has fallen for her? Exactly, it wouldn't happen. Besides, she was just crushing on him, what if next month she does not have feelings for him anymore? Hyeri figured it was not a good idea to let him know.

"Fine fine." Hyeri said. Daehyun got excited and leant closer towards you to show that he was interested.

"You know Kim Jonghyun?" She asked.

"That nerdy senior?" Daehyun eyes widen.

"No! Eww!! From SHINee. The handsome one." She smiled. Daehyun rolled his eyes.

"What? I'm not kidding!" Hyeri replied.

"So other than that guy that you're never gonna have, you do not like anyone else?" Daehyun asked. Hyeri shook her head.

"Aish! I totally wasted my time convincing you to tell me." He told her and went back to looking through his book. Hyeri sighed in relief that he actually stopped questioning her.

"Wait." Daehyun suddenly exclaimed after awhile.

"What?" Hyeri asked.

"Then why did you sound like it was a bad thing liking him? You even said ." Daehyun raised his eyebrows, smirking. Damn must he be so smart?!

"Erm... You know how the class reacts when you suddenly have some craze for a certain idol. FYI, we're in a nerdy class. Shh.. Don't let anyone know." Hyeri was lost for words at first but managed to pull it off as the real reason.

"Yeah yeah. Like you said, we're in a nerdy class, would I be that dumb to believe you? It's fine if you don't want to say." Daehyun made a face and continued with what he was doing. Hyeri shrugged her shoulders and did her own things as well. Not really though, she was still thinking of the conversation with Daehyun in her mind.

When it was break time, Hyeri as usual, went for break with Baekhyun and Jinri. She was subconsciously glancing at Daehyun from time to time. She knew where he would be sitting and so they sat at a table where she could see him but not that obvious. She always had a certain bad luck though. Daehyun would almost always catch her looking towards his direction. , he's gonna think I've been staring at him. Hyeri thought. It wasn't like she was always staring at him. It was just coincidence that when she looked at his direction, he happened to be looking at her too. Damn, she couldn't even steal glances at him without even being noticed. Everytime their eyes met, Daehyun would make a frowning face at Hyeri, as if judging her. Embarrassed, Hyeri would pretend that she wasn't looking at him.

Usually after breaks, Daehyun and Hyeri would hold small conversations but ever since that conversation they had before break, Hyeri sensed something was wrong. 

"Yah~ Why are you so quiet?" Hyeri asked, feeling unusual that he wasn't talking to her like he usually did. Daehyun didn't even bother replying her.

"Are you angry?" She questioned.

"Yah!" She tugged his sleeve. Daehyun gave her an irritated look.

"Is it because of just now?" She asked, not liking how Daehyun was either ignoring her or upset with her. Still, Daehyun did not reply.

"Fine fine! What do you want to know?" Hyeri sighed. She did not like being ignored one bit, especially being ignored by Daehyun.

"You want to know who I like right?" Hyeri asked when she got no response from him. She kinda smirked when she realised Daehyun turned his head just a tiny bit to show that he wanted to know.

"You better not tell anyone." She whispered. Daehyun suddenly became interested, leaning towards her.

"I like..." She kept him in suspense.

"Hurry up and say already!" He replied, losing his patience. Hyeri could only laugh.

"I like Baekhyun. Shhh!! He doesn't know." Hyeri spilled out. She wasn't gonna tell Daehyun the truth. She wasn't prepared for a rejection and she wasn't absolutely sure about her feelings towards him. She felt bad and sorry that she had to use Baekhyun as a shield. She contemplated on using Youngjae's name but it would be too awkward since he was Daehyun's best friend. He may be the matchmaker and all and Hyeri didn't want that. It would so bad if she had to witness the guy she liked matchmaking her with his best friend. At least if the person was Baekhyun, Daehyun would probably not tell him since they were just mere friends and Hyeri was much closer to Baekhyun than he was. He would not have any excuse to interfere.

"Ha! I knew it! How often are there girl and guy best friends?"Daehyun smiled.

"Wait, You're not mad at me?" Hyeri asked.

"Nope. Faked it so you would spill." Daehyun grinned like he was so smart. What an .

"JUNG DAEHYUN!" Hyeri exclaimed, forgetting that they were actually in class. Luckily, it was time to work on their own assignments and the class was a little rowdy. There were a few glances from the people sitting slightly further away from the both of them, not knowing why this crazy girl would suddenly shout Daehyun's name out. Hyeri ducked her head in embarrassment.

"You better keep it to yourself or I'll chop your head off!" She whispered.

"So violent. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." He messed her hair. Can he stop treating me like this?! Hyeri yelled in her head, her heart may not be able to take it.

 

Ever since she realised her little crush on Daehyun, her thoughts about him escalated to a higher level. When she watched dramas with those romantic love scenes or even those really cheesy scenes in We Got Married, Hyeri can't help imagine how would it feels like to have a guy doing or saying those stuff to you. More specifically, how would she feel if she was the female lead and Daehyun was the male lead. Thinking about doing romantic stuff with Daehyun such as doing the wax sculpture that Taemin and Naeun did during We Got Married made her heart flutter. She wonders how does it feel like having her hand in his. How Taemin and Naeun could take those pretty pictures that showed how blissful and fortunate the both of them are. She found herself smiling at the mere thought doing those activites with Daehyun. Oh well, a girl could day dream right? She then mentally slapped herself. It's only a little crush Hyeri! Stop being so weird!

Little did she know that it was so much more than just 'a little crush'.

 

Kinda forced myself to update because I was taking such a long time on this chapter. -.-

Anddd SHINee won THREE awards for GDA! So proud of them!