They Know

Beside You

Time went by rather quickly and soon it was the school holidays. For once, Hyeri wasn't looking forward to the school holidays because that would mean that she couldn't see Daehyun as often and for once, Hyeri was looking forward to having extra classes during the holidays so that she could see him.

Saturday came and Jinri was having a girly sleepover at Hyeri's house. They often have sleepovers at each other houses where they could pamper themselves once in a while doing facials and medicures with each other. Of course, when best friends hang out with each other throughout the night, there would be endless gossips about school, boys, idols and whatever they could talk about.

"Have you heard Taemin's new song?! Ahhhh!!! He's so charming~" Jinri said while they were eating.

"Yah, why are you smiling to yourself? Are you even listening to me? I should be the one acting all smiley because he's my bias." Jinri added when she saw Hyeri grinning silly to herself.

"Have you gone crazy?" Jinri waved her palm in front of Hyeri.

"Huh huh? You were saying?" Hyeri's mind was finally back to earth.

"Taemin's new song! Danger! It's good huh." Jinri said.

"Oh... Danger! I love the dance." Hyeri added.

"Yeah! Only Taemin can pull of such steps! He's so man now but to me, he's still SHINee's cute maknae." Jinri continued.

"Jinri-yah, I got something to tell you." Hyeri suddenly changed the topic and sounded really serious.

"I'm all ears." Jinri nodded and drank the juice.

"I think I like Daehyun." Hyeri blurted out, words stringed together. Jinri wouldn't have caught what she was saying if she wasn't used to Hyeri's lightspeed talking. Jinri got a shock and spat her juice out.

"Eww gross!" Hyeri exclaimed playfully.

"You can't blame me! This is HOT NEWS! Why him? Fill me all the details!" Jinri leant forward, looking really interested in the current topic of Hyeri's crush.

"What's with that 'why him'? You don't like him?" Hyeri asked. She wouldn't want her future boyfriend (at least she hopes he will be) and her best friend to not get along with each other.

"Of course not. I'm just surprised. Come on! Tell me EVERYTHING! This is soooo exciting! The last time you had a crush was like a year ago? On that senior." Jinri mentioned. Nothing good came out of that 'crush'. He was just an eyecandy. 

"Don't you want to clear up the juice first?" Hyeri asked.

"Stop digressing woman! Juice can wait, juicy news can't! You have the whole night to fill me in!" 

"Okay okay, you sound more excited than me. I don't exactly know when I developed feelings for him. I guess I just did when we started hanging out more often and chatting in class." Hyeri recalled.

"That's it? This is not even exciting! Where is the drama worthy stuff? How long have you felt that way about him?" Jinri questioned. She sounded like a police officer interrogating a suspect. Hyeri laughed at her enthusiasm.

"I'm not sure, probably about a few months? What dra-" Hyeri got cut off.

"A FEW MONTHS AND YOU ARE ONLY TELLING ME NOW? I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU! AM I EVEN YOUR BEST FRIEND?" Jinri interrupted her.

"Chill chill! I had to be sure of my feelings and you have to be honoured! You're the first person I'm telling this to!" Hyeri quickly replied.

"That's better. So what about the drama?" Jinri was back to her questions again. Hyeri filled her in on their interaction.

"I didn't know you were the kind of girl that takes these sort of stuff seriously. I'm seeing you in a whole new light, Kim Hyeri." She asked.

"Stop being so dramatic." Hyeri rolled her eyes, smiling.

 "So what are you planning to do now?" Jinri ignored her comment.

"I don't know. I don't know how he feels about me. Maybe I'll observe some more and then decide." Hyeri replied.

"You should totally confess. Based on what you've told me, it seems like he has the hots for you too! But yeah, no harm waiting for more hints. MY GOSH, I FEEL SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" Jinri said as she threw her arms around Hyeri.

"I think you've gone mad." Hyeri rolled her eyes again.

"I'll help you keep a lookout too!" Jinri squealed, happy that their night ended with an interesting confession.

 

Hyeri felt a whole lot more comfortable after telling Jinri about Daehyun. She didn't need to hide anything from her which made her feel exhausted. However, ever since Jinri knew about it, she has been giving Hyeri suggestive looks whenever Jinri spotted Hyeri and Daehyun conversing. Lucky for her, Daehyun didn't know what was going on.

"I think he's looking at you." Jinri nudged Hyeri. They were having their lunch break and were sitting a few tables apart from Daehyun (Jinri chose that table on purpose).

"Who's looking at Hyeri?" Baekhyun asked, looking confused.

"No one! Shh! Stop it!" Hyeri slapped Jinri playfully on her arm. Jinri then mouthed 'sorry' to Hyeri, getting the hint that Baekhyun probably didn't know what was going on.

Hyeri caught Baekhyun suddenly became quiet and she felt guilty. They were best friends but she only told Jinri about Daehyun and not Baekhyun. Since Jinri already knew, Hyeri decided that she would tell Baekhyun too. She would have one more spazzing partner if Jinri wasn't around right? Yes, she smiled to herself.

"Hey Baek, I got something to tell you." Hyeri said after seeing Baekhyun poke his chicken.

"What?" He said without looking up, Hyeri thought he was a little upset since she left him out on her secret.

"I... Like you." Hyeri said. She wanted to lighten up the mood.

"Haa. My mom thought so too." Baekhyun said giddily.

"What? Seriously? Why?" Hyeri asked, genuinely surprised.

"Because we're always together?" Baekhyun said in a small voice.

"Hahaha! Duh! We're best friends!" Hyeri said.

"I'm just kidding though, I like Daehyun! Shh! I know you and him talk but please keep this from him! Don't you dare expose me!" Hyeri warned with a playful tone. 

"What? Oh, yeah. Okay." Baekhyun said, his thoughts floating around his mind. 

"Oh man, we're left with five minutes! Hurry up and eat!" Hyeri said as she tried to gobble down her food.

"I'm full." Baekhyun said. He never said he was full without finishing his food before. I knew it was too good to be true. No wonder she's somehow always with him. I should have known.

"I'm so happy! No more keeping it from my best friends and now I can talk about him with the two of you!" Hyeri smiled. Yeah, I rather you kept it from me. At least I could be in denial. Should I be thankful that I didn't confess to you? Baekhyun kept his thoughts to himself. 

 

I'm trying to fast forward the events so that the story won't seem too draggy. Once again, I apologize for the super slow updates. I'm not gonna make promises now on when my next update would be. Always thankful to you guys for not leaving this story~

(btw, i actually did a cover of Taemin's Danger. If you're interested to watch, feel free to request for the link! )