Sport Freak

Beside You

 

"I hope all of you will be able to stick to this arrangement and don't attempt to change your seats for other classes." The homeroom teacher said with a frown. It was now like an examination arrangement rather than the two by two seating arrangement.

Seats were rearranged because with the previous arrangement, everyone was sitting with their friends which wasn't a very conducive environment for learning to take place and the teacher had to do something about it. Afterall, this was the best class in terms of academics and everything else. 

Being a well united class, well, except for the few who chose to be outcasted, you would have at least a few close friends seated quite close to you.

Hyeri looked around at the classmates that were sitting around her. Great, her best guy friend, Baekhyun was seated right in front which was two seats away from her. Not only that, she was surrounded with people she never really had conversations with, she was surrounded with guys around her. Being closer to females, having this many guys around her, she felt a little awkward. What's even better was the class crazy noisy bimbo was seated diagonally behind her (behind Daehyun). Great, just fantastic. Damn, she's gonna be so annoying. 

"Daehyun hyung, soccer later?" Youngjae spoke across. Hyeri turned her head to where the voice came from and then turned her head to whom the voice was talking to, she realised there were a handful of sports freaks in her class and it just so happened that one was sitting right next to her. At least she got to know the person beside her a little better. A little better being his name is Daehyun and he likes soccer. She heard that name before but there wasn't any interraction between Hyeri and Daehyun before, even though they were in the same class for almost six months. Somehow, she didn't realised that she only noticed Daehyun beside her and not Youngjae.

"Yeah sure! But lunch first!" Daehyun replied. Daehyun caught her looking at him and gave her a super small smile before looking down on his notes. Hyeri immediately turned away because she was embarrassed. If she did not remember wrongly, that was their very first interraction, if it was even counted as one.

Just when Hyeri thought that there would finally be peace after the changing of seats, a sudden shout was heard.

"AHHH! A BUG!!" That bimbo shouted, jumping out from her seat. Damn it, how annoying. Hyeri thought rolling her eyes.

"Damn, it's just a bug, don't overreact!" Daehyun groaned. Hyeri hid a smile. Someone else doesn't really like her as well.

"Oh Daehyun Oppa! Help me get rid of it please!" That annoying girl said. Daehyun totally ignored her. Was she actually trying to get Daehyun' attention? Hyeri didn't know nor care. It wasn't her problem anyway. All she knew was that Daehyun totally ignored her attempts.She kept her laughter in though, feeling happy that someone didn't like that bimbo as well. Or could it be that she was happy because it was Daehyun who ignored her?

The day passed quite fast, Hyeri had short attention span when she does stuff, she always tend to look around and she didn't notice that she was actually looking at Daehyun quite often. She noticed how often he drinks his water, how he would splash the water in his mouth rather than drinking from the tip, how he would spin his pen when he was thinking.

Daehyun turned and gave her a look. Oops! Caught! Embarassed, Hyeri pretended she was doing some math on her book.

Finally, class ended with a pile of homework in her bag. No surprise, being from the best class.

"Hyeri, going home?" Baekhyun asked her. 

"Yeah! Let's go eat first! I'm starving." Hyeri replied.

She left the classroom with Baekhyun thinking of a certain someone she just knew about.

 

Sorry for the late update! I was really busy. Sorry for such a short one. I really at writing introductions which kinda turned me off from writing this chapter. Oh well, I hope I will not disappoint you guys!

Oh! And it will be good if I can have any suggestions on the name of the bimbo! :)

By the way, I'll be writing a oneshot featuring Baekhyun so as to 'compensate' for having to change my lead for this fic! Check it out!