Chapter 25

Under the Moonlight

Kai woke up the next day and the first thing he did was to hug you. At this instant, you were the most important person in his life. He thought he would lose you forever. You hugged him back, thrilled at the thought that he's fine. You took care of him together with the rest of EXO and he's recovering well with you by his side.

"Yoojin...i wonder how my life will be without you..." he said to you as he hugged you to sleep one night.

"me too...how would my life be without you..." you said and  you hugged him back,tears silently falling without him knowing.

*flashback*

"there's a letter." you heard Lay said softly to the rest while you were searching for something in the store back in the kitchen. No one saw you come down as you were there when they were still asleep. You held your breath as you tried to listen. They were too occupied by the letter to notice you were there.

"tell him to make a choice...a wise choice... you know what she's going to do to him..." Luhan read out the contents of the letter. *what will i do to him? i'm not going to do to him...or am i already harming him?* you thought to yourself.

"hey guys..have you seen Yoojin?" Kai said as he came down from his room.

"maybe she's gone for a walk outside?" Baekhyun said and Kai ran out immediately while saying, "i told her not to stay out from my sight..."

"watch him.." you heard baekhyun said and the next moment he found you.

"what is it about?" you asked him as he led you out to the living room.

"you heard it all?" Suho asked when he saw you, with a worried look and you nodded.

"ignore it ok? this is nothing..we'll find a way to solve this.." Baekhyun said as he patted your head.

"don't let him know about this.." you said, more of begged them. Baekhyun sighed and nodded.

*end of flashback*

You thought of a plan, a selfish plan of yours. You had no choice. You loved him as much as he loved you. You hated the fact that you're harming him. *why hasn't he told me?* You have to do something for him, for he has done so much for you. Even if it means sacrificing yourself. "forgive me kai..." you said to yourself mentally.

----------------------------------------------------------

Kai woke up the next morning but you were nowhere in sight. He looked in the bathroom and you weren't there. Something is telling him that something had happened. "where is she?" Kai asked as he rushed downstairs.

"here.." Baekhyun passed him a note.

Kai. This may be the last time i'm calling your name. I'm sorry for leaving without a word. But i have to. I know. I just know. I know that it will do you no good if i were to stay by your side. I should have left sooner, then you wouldn't have been injured. You could have been a strong and mighty wolf if i haven't appeared in your life. So i'll go, for your sake. Don't look for me. Forget about me. I promise life would be the same for you. Peaceful and normal. No one will hurt you and you will not be hurt by anyone. I love you, Kai. Goodbye.

"what is she thinking?" Kai said. "It's not her fault...I'm going to look for her.."

"don't.." Luhan stopped him before he dashed out of the door. "we tried finding her before you.. her scent was gone.."

"she must have left last night..and she changed her paths so we can't track her..." Kris said.

"andwae...." Kai fell in despair. *where could she be? i have to find her...*

----------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

I woke up when Kai fell asleep. I took one last look at his sleeping face before i went downstairs. I wrote him a letter, telling him that i'm gone. It's hurting me but i have to. For him, to save him. I don't want him to die because of me, i don't want him to get hurt because of me. It was a mistake right from the start.

I looked back at the house one last time. "annyeong..." was the last word i whispered to them. I have to leave soon. I cannot turn back. There is no returning point for this. He won't find me, he won't. I headed deep into the forest and come face to face with him. yes, he was the one i saw the other day. I closed my eyes as he came closer to me to take a sniff in his wolf form. He then stepped back and bent down his body for me to get on. He took me away and i forced myself not to turn back.

"wait here..." he said as he let me down and there were people surrouding me.

"so you're Kai's girlfriend..." one of them said.

"not now...not anymore.." i said, holding back my tears. The sound of his name pierced my heart.

"what do you want?" the one who brought me here asked.

"i came here for one thing..Please leave him alone... leave all of them alone.. I would do anything but don't hurt him...he don't deserve it.." you pleaded with him.

"even if it means that you have to die?" he said.

"neh...even if i have to die..." i said, without fear.

The guy chuckled. "my name is Don..and don't worry sweetheart...i won't let you die so early...the battle between me and him won't be solved so easily, especially by a human.." he said and eyed some guys and they came to drag you away.