Chapter 7

The way you make me feel~

January 11th (Saturday)

“Jiyong common, are you seriously going to mope all day”? Lana shook Jiyong. It was noon and they were at the hospital, “Jiyong...” she shook him again when he didn’t budge, “It’s your birthday, you should smile”. Her words only made him sadder; it was indeed his birthday and he had a semi serious attack earlier. He lied to everyone that it was because he left his window opened but the truth was that he learned about Seunghyun’s itinerary change on Facebook and was now stuck in the hospital for the next hour. “Jiyong is this about Seunghyun, not coming until Monday”?

Yes that was definitely it, Seunghyun was supposed to be back with the first flight but he somehow managed to change his ticket, and miss his birthday. He missed Seunghyun more than he expected to, but he was happy Seunghyun left. “No it’s not” he lied to Lana. The only reason he didn’t beg Seunghyun to stay was because he needed to know that Seunghyun was able to keep promises, especially since Seunghyun promised to never leave his side.

He planned on writing Seunghyun but never got to it, and Seunghyun didn’t either and he wasn’t sure whether to be happy or sad about it. What he was sad about though, was Seunghyun uploading tons of pictures of himself having fun, making new friends with pretty girls, and doing fun things with their cousins. He hated their cousins, they were like old Seunghyun, only that they were actually evil and partied a lot.

“There’s the birthday boy”! Minhyuk entered the room holding a little cupcake with a candle on top, “Feeling better”? Minhyuk asked before placing the cake on the side table. “So...” Minhyuk sat beside him, “I am done for the day and I might be going home with you”

“Oppa are you flirting right now”? Lana’s question was met with a smack on the back of her head from Minhyuk, “Aish, oppa I was just joking”. Jiyong smiled, someone like Minhyuk liking him was completely impossible.

Jiyong felt bad for them; Taemin, Suzy, Lana and Minhyuk, they had no idea that his father had spilled the beans on the surprise party that was being held for him later on. He could practically see the smile on Lana’s face when she arrived at the hospital to visit him; he certainly made her job of keeping him away from the house easy. “Jiyong could you at least smile for me. I would like to think that I mean something to you”

“Yes sorry hyung. I guess I’m just sad that school starts in two days” he smiled sadly.

“My baby...I am here to play for you” His father walked in with a couple of nurses who wheeled in a grand piano’s, and walked out.

“Dad, what are you doing”?

“Playing winter’s child for my winter child”

Jiyong sighed as his father started playing; he was just getting into the tune playing when a certain tall, and handsome person walked in. About 6ft tall, wearing a signature white Givenchy tee with birthday balloons hanging around his neck, singing. It was indeed a singing Seunghyun.

 

10 Minutes earlier

“Mom... he’s already here on his birthday, I certainly don’t want him to have another attack” Seunghyun said as jumped to loosen up. “So mom, it’s just Jiyong and dad in there right”?

“Yes”

He sighed before jumping around again to loosen up. He wanted to surprise Jiyong; words would not have been able to describe how much he missed Jiyong. He liked how much of an amazing brother Jiyong was, and as much as he hated being away, he needed the time to get Jiyong in a cheerleading outfit out if his mind. It was probably just the shock, Jiyong was definitely amazing, to be able to pull it off.

Jiyong never wrote, no email, text, or even a call. “Okay this is your cue” He walked in and started singing. Holy , thank you mother he thought as he saw the annoying doctor and Lana staring at him. Great! I am never going to leave this down, he was about to stop when he saw the look in Jiyong’s eyes, it gave him the courage to keep going.

 

                                                                                             Born in the winter
     
                                                                                             this beautiful you
   
            
                                                                                             clean like snow
  
                                                                                       you who belong to me

                                                                                          born in the winter
       
                                                                                                  my lover
            
                                                                                               clear as snow
                                                                                     you who belongs to me


                                                                                         Regardless whether it’s 

                                                                              spring, summer, autumn, or winter
                                                                                      Always clear and clean

                                                                                          born in the winter
   
                                                                                           this beautiful you
    
   
                                                                                                 clean like snow
 
                                                                                      you who belongs to me

                                                                                  Regardless whether it’s spring,
            
                                                                                  summer, autumn, or winter
                                                                                         Always clear and clean
                                                                                            born in the winter
       
                                                                                             this beautiful you

                                                                                           clean like snow
    
                                                                                      you who belongs to me

                                                                                               Happy Birthday
   

                                                                                      Happy Birthday, Hoo…
          

                                                                                            Happy Birthday
                               
                                                                                      Happy Birthday To You

 

He was finally done and was met with applause from his parents, and even Lana but not Jiyong. Jiyong immediately burst into tears, “MOM! Seunghyun screamed, “Mom you said this would make him happy”!!

“No hyung I am happy” Jiyong said from where he sat, although tears still streamed down his face.

“Honey, Lana, Minhyuk... I think we should give the brothers some time” Mirae called the above-mentioned people out of the room.

Seunghyun walked awkwardly towards the bed where Jiyong sat and wiped his tears, “Are you still crying”?

“No” Jiyong sniffled; he was so overwhelmed with emotions. It was actually tears of joy, he was too happy.

Seunghyun sat beside Jiyong, “I missed you, you fool” he wiped tears off Jiyong’s face. “Look at you, crying on your birthday. I’m so sorry, I really thought you’d like the surprise”

“Stop cursing me... can I hug you”? Jiyong asked before launching himself into Seunghyun’s open arms. “Choi Seunghyun, I really hate you” he held Seunghyun tighter.

“Not as much as I hate you”! He liked how Jiyong clunged to him, “You told me to go”

Jiyong pulled away, “And you went, you are such a bad hyung” he said before laughing hysterically, “You look so stupid with those balloons around your neck”.

“Oh you should have seen all the people downstairs, so... ready to go home”? Seunghyun asked, and Jiyong bounced off the bed, “YES!!. What I said before about you not trying to be a brother to me, I..”

“Didn’t mean it”? Seunghyun smiled, “I know…or rather, I hoped you didn’t mean it”

 

                                                                                                                         ***

Maybe he was being a narcissist, but he loved how Jiyong’s eyes were on him every step he took. “Seunghyun, welcome back”! Half of their classmates were present; it felt like a welcome back/birthday party.

“Hey Choi”! It was Lana, and she was walking toward him, “So... I didn’t know you could sing” She punched him lightly on the chest. He was probably blushing but it was a given, it was the girl of his dreams. “You are not getting me to sing in your club like you did with Jiyong”

“I guess we’ll see” She winked at him before walking away, “I guess we will” he smiled; she was still as spunky as ever.

“Did I just see you flirting with Lana”? Taemin appeared behind him, and they shared a man hug, “Hey T”!

“No seriously, did I just see you flirting with Lana”? Taemin smiled.

“Don’t smile like that, she was the one doing the flirting”. Seunghyun and Taemin spent the break face timing, so it felt like they’d been together for the entire winter break.

“I still can’t believe you left man”

“Yeah me too” he said as he stared at Jiyong who was busy laughing at something Lana said. “You need to stop eye ing Lana man, it’s creepy” Taemin said before pulling him away.

Eh, but I was looking at Jiyong!

 

“Did you enjoy your party”? Seunghyun asked just as Jiyong finished bidding goodbye to the last guest. “Yes, but I wouldn’t have if you weren’t here”. Jiyong and Seunghyun collapsed on the couch in the living room. “You were my birthday present”

“Yes I was, but I have more” Seunghyun took out a little box from his pocket, “This is yours” he handed it to Jiyong.

“Hyung are you proposing to me”?

Seunghyun laughed, “Actually yes. Jiyong lets be blood brothers. I know we’re already brothers but I think we should be more than just regular boring brothers”.

Jiyong opened the box to see a black stud, “Look” he heard Seunghyun, and when he looked up, Seunghyun was baring the black stud earring on his ear. “Whoa”! Jiyong jumped with joy, “Hyung I love it”!!

“Don’t worry, I spoke to mom and dad and they were actually okay with it”

“Yes, I’ve been good with my vitamins” Jiyong stared at it, “Hyung will you go with me”?

“Of course”! Seunghyun smirked, “I can’t wait to see you cry at the pain...” They both laughed “so... Lana is probably going to try getting me to join your club”, he sighed, “Jiyong please convince her”

Jiyong felt a little jealous, he saw Seunghyun and Lana engrossed in a deep conversation, and he could have sworn he saw flirting. “But hyung, you can sing... I love your voice” I love everything about you

“I prefer rapping”, Taemin was the only person who knew about his rapping, and he used to dream about doing some underground rapping.

“Me too”

“WHAT”? Seunghyun acted surprised but nothing about Jiyong really surprised him anymore.

The two talked extensively about rapping, they talked, rapped, and laughed. “Wow, Jiyong you are amazing”

“I know” Jiyong smiled, he could only chalk the rap battle they just had to be rap , “If I ever rapped professionally, my stage name would be G-dragon”

Seunghyun laughed, he remembered the first time Jiyong called himself Gdragon, and how hard it was for him to hold in his laughter. “Well I’ll be called Mark”. Then Jiyong laughed, “Mark? That sounds stupid”

“I know” Seunghyun bowed his head in shame.

“What about T.O.P”? Jiyong had been thinking about the name for so long,

“GTOP... Gdragon, and TOP” Seunghyun got a bit too excited, “Screw Lana’s club, let’s form one of our own. We can perform on Monday, during assembly.... you can tell Lana and she can make it happen. We can….”

 

Sunday

 

“Are you sure you’re okay, aren’t you cold”? Seunghyun buttoned Jiyong’s coat more, “I can’t believe you’re making me do this” Seunghyun complained, they were both seated at the back of a city bus. Jiyong had managed to talk him into taking the bus for the first time, well it was both their first time.

“Hyung, I’m okay”

“Jiyong, your inhaler is in my pocket so tell me when you feel uncomfortable”, they were on their way to get Jiyong’s ears pierced.

They rode silently, both sharing Jiyong’s earphones and listening to some old school rap, “I think this is our stop”, he pulled Jiyong up, and they got down together. It was a little less than a mile from the bus stop and they started the walk. “You should buy a warm hat for your boyfriend” A lady walked up them as they were walking past her hat cart. She was selling some fluffy hats, “He’s not my boyf...” Jiyong was about objecting when Seunghyun pulled him close and placed a black hat around his head, “This one” Seunghyun smiled, “We’ll take this one” Seunghyun took out his wallet and paid the lady.

“Hyung, why didn’t you tell her that I wasn’t your boyfriend”? Jiyong asked as they waited for him to be pierced.

“Why does it matter? We don’t need to explain ourselves...the lady obviously thought we made a good duo, and we do right”?

“ Right”! Jiyong beamed.

Seunghyun waited as Jiyong got his ear pierced, making fun of Jiyong as he continuously squeezed his hand. Thanks to Jiyong, they made one more pit stop before going back to the bus stop, but not before buying a matching hat to fit the one he got Jiyong earlier. He hated how distracted Jiyong was; his phone was always vibrating off the hook, “Jiyong who are texting”

“Taemin, and Minhyuk hyung, and a few other people” Jiyong answered absentmindedly as they took a seat side by side on the bus.

Was it wrong that he wanted all of Jiyong’s attention, “Jiyong, I am your hyung. Your only hyung... I should be your favorite”

“You are”. Jiyong looked so cute with his head buried in the fluffy hat, “Jiyong stop texting other people then”

“But Taemin hyung is...” While Jiyong was talking, he took his phone out and called Taemin, “Hey T, please stop calling my brother. We are spending quality time together. Bye” he quickly hung up his phone and snatched Jiyong’s. “Well I’ve taken care of that” he switched both their phones off.

“Hyung”! Jiyong whined but Seunghyun forced Jiyong’s head on his shoulder, “Shhh, it’s gtop day. No whining” Seunghyun smiled.

Seunghyun rode the bus all the way to the last stop because Jiyong was sleeping so cutely against him. He paid the bus driver to leave them for a while. It was weird how cute Jiyong was, he looked like a blonde snow white, he was still staring when Jiyong’s eyes fluttered, “Wakey wakey little dragon”.

“Hyung where are we”?

“Look at all that drool” Seunghyun teased, and Jiyong quickly wiped the side of his mouth, “Let’s go, there’s a taxi waiting for us” he pulled Jiyong up, a hidden smile on his face.

 

“WHERE HAVE YOU TWO BEEN”! Mirae ran up to the boys, “What happened? We were about calling the police”

“Hyung followed me to get my ear pierced and we took the bus for the first time” Jiyong showed his piercing, “I don’t care, you two are grounded”! She said before pouring both boys a cup of hot tea.

Eun Hyuk walked in, “Yes grounded, how could you two go on a trip without me”?

Mirae sighed, “Honey we have to scold them first”, she said and turned back to her sons, “Jiyong, are you okay. It’s really cold out...” she stopped when she noticed Seunghyun’s jacket around Seunghyun’s shoulder, and Seunghyun was the one shivering and couldn’t help but smile, “My baby” She hugged Seunghyun and showered him with kisses and hugged him tighter when he struggled. They had gone very far, very far indeed. Jiyong was happier than he’d ever been; he even gained weight thanks to Seunghyun always making him eat and she wasn’t surprised when Jiyong lost a bit of weight when Seunghyun was away for the break. “What’s with the stupid hats” she pulled the hat off Seunghyun’s head. “OH GOD”! It was like she was staring at her father.

“Mom, do you like it”? Seunghyun ran his hand through his platinum blonde hair.

“You look like your grandfather” Eun Hyuk walked closer to his son, “But it looks good, wow. You must get your looks from me” he said before turning to Jiyong, “Please don’t tell me you changed your hair color too” he snatched Jiyong’s hat. “WOW”!

“Dad, it’s a no chemical wash I swear. It’s going to wash off by the end of the week or two. So I wouldn’t react to it”

“I like it” Mirae ran her hand through Jiyong’s soft hair, “My son is so handsome” she said before eying Seunghyun, “unlike my father over here”

“Mom”!

“Who’s idea was it”? Eunhyuk laughed. “Let me guess… Jiyong”

“Yes, we are performing as gd and top tomorrow” Eunhyuk smiled as Jiyong was practically bouncing off the walls, “G-dragon, and TOP. We are performing knockout tomorrow”.

“You two have to perform for us later but right now… your father and I have a benefit to attend” Mirae pulled her husband, “You two should be in bed soon, we’ll be back late”.

“Baby, what are you doing? We don’t have to leave now, I want to hear about gd and top” Eun hyuk complained as they got in the back seat of the car. “Honey, leave them alone. They obviously missed each other, and it’s our date night” Mirae said before pulling her husband for a kiss.

“Mirae, you are not leaving them together because you think that they’ll like each other right”? He gazed at his wife. “No eunnie” Mirae smiled.

 

                                                                                                                           ***

Jiyong couldn’t stop smiling; he had the best day of his life. He almost didn’t want to shower, he could still smell Seunghyun on him. Oh lord, what am I getting myself into, he sighed before jumping into his bed and his phone

 

Minhyuk hyung>>>Jiyong

Hey champ, what happened? I tried calling you but your phone is off.

 

Jiyong>>> Minhyuk hyung

Sorry hyung. Seunghyun hijacked my phone

 

Minhyuk hyung>>>Jiyong

So I’m guessing you enjoyed your day out with him

 

Jiyong>>> Minhyuk hyung

Yes I did. A lot

 

Minhyuk hyung>>>Jiyong

So I’m guessing you forgave him for leaving you.

 

Jiyong>>> Minhyuk hyung

There was nothing to forgive, I told him to leave and he did but we stayed up all night yesterday talking.

 

Minhyuk hyung>>> Jiyong

Wow, must be nice

 

Jiyong >>>Minhyuk hyung

He let me sleep on his shoulder

 

 

Minhyuk hyung>>> Jiyong

Oh. Jiyong be careful okay?

 

Jiyong>>> Minhyuk hyung

It’s okay hyung. He’s my brother, there’s no need to be careful right? I have to go to bed, goodnight hyung.

 

Minhyuk hyung>>>Jiyong

Goodnight champ, see you when you’re done with school tomorrow.

 

 “Gdragon”? Seunghyun was peeking into his room, “Hyung what are you doing here”? Jiyong asked as Seunghyun casually strolled in, “I got scared, so I’m sleeping here with you tonight”? Seunghyun jumped into the bed with Jiyong.

“But hyung”

“Common, brothers do this all the time” Seunghyun turned off the light, and Jiyong sat still on the bed, still frozen from the shock. “Are you sleeping or what, we have a long day ahead of us”? He heard Seunghyun behind him. God please give me strength, if only Seunghyun knew the stress he was putting him through.

“Jiyong” Seunghyun called out, but he didn’t answer, “Was the doctor the first person you liked”? He still didn’t answer, “Can’t you like someone else? I don’t like him, he makes me uncomfortable”

He never expected both Minhyuk and Seunghyun to get along, but he didn’t expect them to dislike each other either. “How”?

“I don’t know, he just does” Seunghyun was still facing the other the door, and he was very grateful for that because he couldn’t stop staring. How one person meant so much to him was a little was beyond him. There was something he wanted to ask Seunghyun during the night of Lana’s party, “Hyung… I saw one of my book in your room”

“I don’t care what mom told you, I didn’t steal it. It was just that one book. I don’t want to finish it yet, such a... good… book” he could hear Seunghyun starting to drift a little and he couldn’t help but smile; he kept Seunghyun up the previous night, and dragged him through the streets of Seoul all day, completely forgetting that Seunghyun would be jetlagged.

“It’s just a little surprising that you would pick my favorite book out of all the books in here”. Seunghyun turned to face him “Stranger things have happened right”? Seunghyun said before finally drifting into sleep, leaving him with his thoughts.

 

A/N:

Hey you, I love you so much for waiting for me, my problem now is that I'm on a diet, and without that high fructose corn syrup and trans fat, i can't seem to think straight haha. I promise to try harder from now on okay? *kisses* 

P.S: If you hadnt noticed before, I changed both thier birthdays for the story, and my birthday's actually January 11th :)