Chapter 5

The way you make me feel~

 

Jiyong was no fool; he knew what Seunghyun was doing, Mirae had texted earlier that she fed gaho, but he couldn’t resist when Seunghyun offered to take him home. There was something different about Seunghyun, it was as if he was a different person than the one he knew all his life, rather, Seunghyun was the being the person he always knew he could be.

  Seunghyun seemed angry in the car, but the anger wasn’t directed at him, not as far as he could tell. Seunghyun seemed angry with Minhyuk, and he reminded himself to scold Minhyuk later; he was a bit rude.

Jiyong>>>Dad

I told you and mom not to scold hyung. He’s acting different. What if he’s planning on killing me?

 

He knew his text was far fetched, but hey, Seunghyun killing him wouldn’t be the worst cause of death. Oh God Jiyong, what are you, His fangirl?

 

Dad>>>Jiyong

Don’t be silly, he’s just trying to make amends, enjoy it. It’s the way it should have been; did you guys make it home all right?

Jiyong smiled, the way it should always have been. He wondered how that felt like

.

Jiyong >>>Dad

No dad, I didn’t make it.... he left me in the lobby. Surprise, I’m on my way to your office.

 

Mom>>>Jiyong

I just spoke to your father; do you really think your brother would try to kill you? He’s in the kitchen making you a grilled cheese sandwich. He’s so proud of himself but don’t make it easy for him.

 

Dad>>>Jiyong

Haha very funny Jiyong

 

Jiyong sighed, there was no keeping secret in the family. It was annoying.

There was a knock on Jiyong’s door, “It’s open”. It was Seunghyun, and he was indeed holding a plate with grilled cheese sandwich, “You must be hungry, so I brought you this” Seunghyun handed him the plate but he remained still. “Jiyong, you have to eat, you are ridiculously underweight... I bet mom still shops at baby gap for you” It was clearly supposed to be a joke but Jiyong didn’t laugh, “Jiyong do you really think i’m trying to kill you”

Really mom? Jiyong shook his head, “I was....”

Seunghyun laughed inwardly as he watched Jiyong struggled for the right words, “It’s okay”, he took a seat on Jiyong’s bed.

Jiyong took the plate from Seunghyun, “Thank you hyung, I will eat it well”, it was probably the first time Seunghyun was in his room and not just at the doorpost. The way it should always have been, the words kept ringing in his head. As much as he wanted to get closer to Seunghyun, the fact that it may be temporary stopped him. “Hyung you don’t have to feel guilty for leaving me in school, it was my fault for not calling mom”

Seunghyun crossed both his arms and legs and smiled, “Why do you think I feel guilty”, their father had prepared him for all the ridiculous excuses Jiyong was going to come up with.

“Well, you called me your brother at the hospital and lied to get me go home with you, and now you are in my room after making me a grilled cheese sandwich… Hyung let’s just go back to the way things were”

“Did you like the way things were”?

Jiyong shook his head, Seunghyun’s gaze was too intimidating and his voice so deep, “Jiyong this is not some kind of guilty conscience. What happened last night was what I would call an eye opener, and as you know...I don’t do things half assed, pardon my French. I spent the last couple of years convincing myself to hate you and I just can’t anymore” Seunghyun took a deep breath, “Dad told me not to overwhelm you so I wouldn’t... but I am going to be your hyung, and that means, I will not allow any rude and annoying doctor ruffle your hair like you are some puppy”

“But I like when Minhyuk hyung does that” Jiyong calmed a little, and both boys shared a smile, “Look at you, and you cried when I said you looked like gaho” Seunghyun laughed. “But I happen to think gaho is cute” he added when he saw Jiyong’s sad expression.

Jiyong was suddenly gasping for breath, he quickly reached for the inhaler on his bedside table, and used it.

“Sorry”, Seunghyun felt horrible, he never knew mean words could trigger an attack, “I promise to never say that again”.

“It’s fine”

“Good. Now eat your sandwich”, Seunghyun ordered, and Jiyong reluctantly started eating, “Me as a killer huh”? Seunghyun laughed as Jiyong coughed a little, “I wonder what kind of killer I would be”

“DEXTER”! They both said in unison, and laughed. “What? I didn’t know you watched Dexter”! Seunghyun was excited. He always imagined that Jiyong would be into Disney shows or glee but certainly not Dexter.

Jiyong blushed, Dexter wasn’t usually his cup of tea but he once saw it on TV while Seunghyun was asleep on the couch in the living room. “So tell me.... do I have to be jealous about you and Lana, it isn’t really a secret that I like her”.

“No hyung, she’s not really my type”, Jiyong wondered if their parents ever told Seunghyun of his preference.

“Not your type huh”?

“Hyung... Why are you doing this”?

Seunghyun saw the doubt in Jiyong’s eyes and knew it wasn’t going to be as easy as his father had made it seem.  “Jiyong, I lied to dad yesterday”

“Lied? About what”?

“That I didn’t know about your health”, this was either going to make his relationship with Jiyong, or shatter it completely, “I think I knew.... a little part of me knew even though I convinced myself that you were faking it... I am so sorry. The thing is...” he was a little embarrassed, “I guess I was a little scared; I certainly hated you when you first came because I was a stupid kid but as we grew up, I kind of got scared and very jealous.... You have so much in common with mom and dad”, he continued talking while waiting to be either judged or laughed at, but there was no such thing. Jiyong actually looked like he was sorry for him, or maybe it was pity, “You guys talk about science stuff and I can’t even get a C in my science classes. You get to see them all the time because you spend your free time in the hospital, and I can’t even get myself to admit how scared I am of hospitals. Not to mention...”

“Hyung you don’t have to explain or apologize”

“Actually I do.. Jiyong I know it’s late and I probably have no idea how to be a hyung to you, but I can be a friend. I say we start afresh, and slow so you wouldn’t think I’m trying to kill you” Seunghyun extended his hand, “Hi, I’m Choi Seunghyun”

Jiyong looked at the hand, it was definitely tempting. It sort of reminded him of the words, ‘come over to the dark side, we have cookies’. With the way Seunghyun was looking at him, with his hands stretched out and the smile on his face, Seunghyun could possibly say, ‘Come walk with me through the gates of hell’ to him, and he would gladly accept. “Uhh, this is a bit awkward... my hand is hanging” He heard Seunghyun’s voice. “Hello, I’m Kwon Jiyong…” Jiyong took the hand, and it was just at he imagined, big and soft. “The person you wished dead”

“I deserve that”. They both laughed. “This is overwhelming and a tad bit awkward, so I’m just going to go to bed” Seunghyun yawned, “I think gaho’s attracted to my room, he’s always trying to get in... And it’s usually fine when I hold him but he basically cried all night, I think he sensed something was really wrong with you”

“But gaho doesn’t like people, he always barks at mom, dad, and Taemin. Also the workers”

“Well he certainly loves me, he even peed on me once. I guess he was marking his territory”.

I’ll pee on you the thought crossed his mind before he could stop it. Oh God. Jiyong simply stared; Seunghyun was smiling and making jokes and it all seemed like a dream. “I guess I should take my leave, you look like you’re about to have a seizure or something.” Seunghyun turned to leave, “I’ll leave my door open incase you need anything”.

Jiyong sighed when Seunghyun walked out, he wanted to jump with excitement but he couldn’t. Minhyuk was right; Seunghyun was definitely unknowingly being nice out of guilt. He picked up his phone, and was graced with a ton of messages. The secret was out, and he was now the sick kid.

Jiyong>>>Minhyuk hyung

Hyung, Seunghyun hyung apologized. He said he’s sorry and that he wanted to start over. Hyung what if he really wants to, what if he really likes me now and wants to be my hyung.

Minhyuk hyung>>>Jiyong

Jiyong people don’t change overnight. He is definitely feeling guilty. Keep your guard up if you don’t want to get hurt again. Shouldn’t you be resting?

Jiyong tossed his phone aside after reading the message. Minhyuk was right, he was always right. He tried forcing himself to sleep but between the thoughts of Seunghyun, and his phone constantly vibrating, he ended up tossing and turning. It was soon 7pm, and he forgot gaho hadn’t been fed since noon. He was still a bit weak, but he left his room in search of his dear puppy.

“Gaho...” he called out when he stepped out of his room. He remembered Seunghyun had left his room open, and Gaho, just like himself, felt a force of attraction to the room.

He felt jealous of Gaho, the minute he peeked into Seunghyun’s room. Both Seunghyun and Gaho were sleeping peacefully; Seunghyun was asleep on his back with Gaho on top. It was too perfect that he had to rush for his phone to capture the moment.

“Gaho”! He whispered, careful not to wake Seunghyun, “Gaho....here boy” he called out again, and the puppy did wake this time. “Come to daddy....come here boy”, he called again but gaho didn’t budge, instead, he wagged his tail and barked in joy. “Don’t you dare wake him, come to daddy”, it was the first time he saw gaho relax with anyone that wasn’t him.

“So if you’re daddy, does that make me mommy since he likes me”? He saw Seunghyun stretch, Jiyong swallowed as he continually reminded himself that Seunghyun was his brother. Waking up from a nap certainly transformed him from a gorgeous man to a god. He’s your brother Jiyong, one who doesn’t care too much for you, he reminded himself. “You’re going to have to come pick him up because it doesn’t seem like he’s going anywhere soon” Seunghyun giggled when gaho his face.

“Can I come in”?

“Of course you can...we are trying this whole friends thing remember”?

He wasn’t going to be told twice; he walked over to the bed. Seunghyun’s bed was bigger than he remembered, and Seunghyun was lying in the middle, “Come here sweetie” he reached for the dog. He placed a knee on the edge of the bed for support so he could get closer but it turned out to be a disaster. He fell into the bed, landing right on top Seunghyun, and of course gaho ran to safety so he was laying right on Seunghyun, and their faces were two inches apart. “Are you okay”? Seunghyun asked, and he froze; eyes were completely transfixed on Seunghyun’s lips.

“Am I interrupting something”? A voice at the door, made him return to his senses, “Taemin hyung”. Jiyong struggled away from Seunghyun, and out of the bed.

“Did I just interrupt something”? Taemin asked again.

“What could you possibly be interrupting? Jiyong is just very clumsy” Seunghyun said and laughed. “Yes, I fell” Jiyong hated how calm Seunghyun was, he was about to die of a heart attack while Seunghyun was back playing with Gaho as if what just happened meant nothing, and it probably didn’t.

“Jiyong are you okay... your face is red” Taemin examined Jiyong’s face.

Seunghyun laughed, “Of course his face is red, he’s obviously dying of embarrassment”, he wondered why the other two weren’t laughing, “T I texted you two hours ago”

“Uhmm, I’m going to go feed gaho” Jiyong picked the puppy and sprinted out of the room, leaving Taemin and Seunghyun. “What was that”? Taemin asked.

“What”?

“You and Jiyong. What was that”? Taemin asked as he walked closer to the bed. “Nothing, he literally fell on top of me while trying to get Gaho,” Seunghyun laughed again.

“And you’re not pissed”?

“Nope, it’s quite funny actually”

“What changed? Is it because of what I told you.... Seunghyun don’t be nice to him out of guilt, that’s even worse”. Taemin’s words stopped Seunghyun, “Could someone just believe me for once? I’m not some kind of demon”.

Seunghyun knew he just had to prove that he didn’t change out of guilt, “I suddenly have an inkling to watch Dexter, are you sleeping over”?

“Yup, lets order pizza and Chinese” Taemin took out his phone. “I’ll get Jiyong and log into Netflix in the downstairs living room”.

30 Minutes later

There was pizza, Chinese food, and a bunch of junk food on the table; both Taemin and Seunghyun were lounging on the couch waiting for Jiyong. “HEYO”!! “THERE HE IS”!!1 Both boys cheered when Jiyong walked in.

Jiyong beamed, “You were waiting for me”? He always heard Seunghyun and his friends whenever they were over, and he always wished he could join them, and now he was, “So much food”!

“Yes and you have to eat a lot” Taemin picked the remote, and started the show, “the boys are on their way but we don’t have to wait for them, Jiyong is the only special person in the world” Taemin said and Seunghyun nodded.

“Jiyong don’t just stand there” Seunghyun spoke this time, “Come take a seat”

“Yeah, come sit” Taemin added, leaving Jiyong with a dilemma. Taemin and Seunghyun were seated a few feet apart, and both had a ton of space beside them, and were both stretching an arm toward him. Both offers were tempting, and while his brain opted for the position beside Taemin, his heart opted for that beside Seunghyun and he knew the only way to stop the feelings he was having for Seunghyun was to stay away as much as possible, and so he went with his brain.

 

A/N:

Hi you, did you like this update? haha I hope you didn't Seunghyun was going to get off easy, he has a long way to go to make it up to Jiyong. You would be pleased that MERILK, has asked for both mine and my story's hand in marriage and I said yes. We will be getting married in the Atlantis: Dubai underwater hotel. Stay tuned for further infomation :)