Chapter 14

The way you make me feel~

        Jiyong sighed for the nth time as he looked towards the bathroom where Seunghyun was taking a shower behind closed door. They had been in LA for three days and every time he’s ventured to do more than kissing, Seunghyun would back away like he had some kind of infection. While still in Korea, he’d made it a point of always stumbling into Seunghyun’s room with only his shorts but Seunghyun never looked his way, then he started to barge in when Seunghyun took a shower, and now Seunghyun locked the door whenever he was taking a shower. It was both frustrating and self esteem damaging. “Hey, are you ready”? Jiyong looked up to see a fully dressed Seunghyun down at him smiling at him and all his doubt vanished. He was definitely in love.

“As ready as ever”. In their three days in LA, they’d gone shopping, partying, and sightseeing; turned out that Seunghyun had friends in LA. “Gee baby, you do know we’re just going to watch them practice right”?

“Which is equally as fun as watching the real thing” Seunghyun scooped him in his arms, and kissed him. Jiyong wanted more, a lot more, but whenever he got close Seunghyun always pulled away. “Babe, we should go. The car is out” Jiyong allowed Seunghyun take his arm as they exited the room together. The world seemed like a much better place through Seunghyun’s eyes. A few months ago, the thought of him being anywhere other than Korea would have seemed laughable.

 

 

“What an idiot, he needs to run faster” Jiyong heard Seunghyun hiss beside him as they sat on the watching the UCLA footballers practice. “NO..damn”!!!!

“Shhh, you know we weren’t supposed to be allowed here” Jiyong placed an arm around Seunghyun. Seunghyun had to pay off one of the janitors to allow them in, apparently, only students were allowed to watch the practice.

“Fine, but these guys will never win if they keep running that play... that guy should be the running back”. Jiyong smiled as he watched Seunghyun talk with so much passion. If it weren’t for Seunghyun the game would have been the most boring thing ever. “Because....” Seunghyun was talking when the ball landed a few feet from them. Without thinking, Seunghyun ran toward it and threw it back to the field, “Lets go babes.... nothing to watch here” Seunghyun sighed.

“Quite an arm you have there, boy... come down here and introduce yourself” An older man called out. “Holy Jiyong, it’s coach Matheson. Come with me” Seunghyun ran down the bleachers, and jumped down to the field, “Choi Seunghyun, it’s a great honor sir” He quickly introduced himself to the coach, one of his idols. The person who made all his favorite UCLA alumni NFL players what they were. The coach blew his whistle before speaking, “Like I said, quite an arm. What school do you play for”?

“No school sir, I don’t even go to school in this country”

“Hey, Choi”! One of the players ran up to them, the other players joined. “You know him? Apparently, he’s not from this country” The coach asked. “Well I’ve only seen from time to time, he’s Choi Dongwook’s cousin”

“No wonder... Dongwook also had quite an arm... sad he quit football...”

“Seunghyun... Choi Seunghyun, I remember your name now” the boy, stretched his arm toward Seunghyun and Seunghyun took it, “We met before remember? I thought you were going to come here for college”

“Of course he is. Where do you go now? How old are you”? The coach asked the speechless Seunghyun, “Speak son, how old are you and where do you go to school”

“Uh... I just turned nineteen... Korean age, which is eighteen...and I am currently accepted into Seoul University, to start in the fall”

“Good... I will talk to the admissions department... you will be starting here in the fall. Your English is perfect and you’re taking vacations here so I’m assuming....”

“Yes I was born here sir, but I’m sorry I will have to respectfully decline” It still felt surreal to Seunghyun.

“Why, are your grades bad”? The coach raised an eye brow. “No I actually graduated with a 3.6 GPA” Seunghyun answered truthfully

“Wow, that’s something you don’t hear everyday....so no excuse then. You can’t deny you don’t want to be here, I heard all your little commentaries during the game... don’t you want to play in the NFL someday”?
 

“Actually, I’ve never thought that far. I just love the game is all”
 

“Keep this up and I will never let you back out of this” the coach smirked, “Common son, think full scholarship into UCLA”
 

“Coach, trust me...the Choi’s don’t need scholarship... I remember Dongwook talking about his uncle... I bet his trust fund is in the millions” The same boy spoke again, and the rest of the boys eyed Seunghyun. “Coach, I bet that’s his reason for saying no”

Seunghyun turned to where the rest were looking to see Jiyong strolling casually toward them, “Hey, what’s happening”? Jiyong asked when he approached. “Nothing babe” he placed a kiss on Jiyong’s cheek.

“Damn, with a boyfriend like that I’d refuse too” Another boy said and Seunghyun shrugged when he saw Jiyong blush.

“Dammit Chris, we’re trying to get Seunghyun to play with us not drive him away... stop hitting on his boyfriend” the same boy said again, turned out his name was Joshua. “Is he why you’re declining”? The coach asked, “Because you’re gay? Trust me son, we don’t care about that here”

“It’s not that... I’m not leaving him”

“Then he is accepted into UCLA too, how is your grade son”? The coach asked Jiyong. “4.0, accepted into premed program in Seoul University” Jiyong answered proudly. “So how would you like to attend UCLA in the fall, we have an excellent medical program here and if you want and are good enough, you can get your medical degree in Stanford”

“How soon do you want my transcripts... I can have it faxed from Seoul as soon as tomorrow” Jiyong’s response surprised everyone, including Seunghyun and the coach.

“Good... your turn Seunghyun” the coach turned to Seunghyun.

“I guess I’m... in”

“Good, it would be good if you have tapes of games you’ve run so I can know how much practice you would need” The coach smiled at Seunghyun. “I have a lot of those, it can be mailed to you tomorrow also” Jiyong said quickly, avoiding Seunghyun’s stare. The coach pat Jiyong on his shoulder, “He’s a keeper” he said to Seunghyun before turning to the rest of the team “BOYS... PRACTICE DONE FOR TODAY AND SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW TEAMMATE”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Chris” Chris stepped toward Jiyong and offered his hand, “Hi, I’m Jiyong” Jiyong took the hand; he couldn’t deny how cute the boy was. Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought an African American boy would be into him. “I’m Seunghyun” Seunghyun stepped in front of Jiyong and Chris.

“Back off Chris” Joshua shoved Chris, “Sorry about him, he’s pretty annoying” Joshua said before introducing Seunghyun to the rest of the team, “So... there’s a party tonight if you guys want to come... there’s gonna be booze, chicks.... the whole nine yards”

“Yeah sure” the boys exchanged numbers.

 

 

 

“Jiyong are you sure about this? I mean...we didn’t talk about this, plus we haven’t even told mom and dad yet” Seunghyun said as he got ready for the night. He was sitting on the bed wearing his show “What about our friends, the hospital”

“Seunghyun relax” Jiyong circled his arms around Seunghyun’s shoulders, “I’ll be fine. I want to do this, at first I was thinking I was doing it for you but UCLA is a pretty good school and damn it we took the S.A.T’s and did good so we might as well”

“Yeah but..”

“No buts, Mom and dad went to Stanford and I’ll like to go there too and I know you love coach Matheson and you and the guys already feel like family” he kissed Seunghyun on the cheek, “Common, you know you want it. I’ve heard you and Taemin wish you could play under him... and I was the reason you declined”

“True...that I wanted to play under him... oh wow this is so surreal. Thank you for this”

“No thank you” Jiyong pulled Seunghyun backwards, and rolled on top of him, “What if we skipped the party” he said in his most seductive voice.

“Uh.... no...the guys are expecting us...so yeah... lets leave now” Seunghyun gently pulled Jiyong away from on top of him.

 

 

The car was quiet till they got to the venue, they could not miss the place, there were people all over, loud music, the whole nine yards like Josh had said. “Hey Jiyong, are you okay? You’ve been quiet the entire ride here”

“Yeah sure” Jiyong got out and slammed the door behind him.

“Babe are you.....”

“Yo Choi, sweet ride”! Josh appeared from the house, four other boys from the team behind him, including Chris, “I guess I wasn’t exaggerating when I said you were a trust fund kid”. The two shook hands. “I guess you weren’t”

“Seriously, sweet ride. Can I go for a spin”?

“Sure” Seunghyun handed Chris the key, “Careful though, I’m only renting her for a week” Seunghyun said as he eyed Jiyong who was talking to Chris.

“Hey Seunghyun, Jiyong and I are going in.... you guys can come in whenever you’re done drooling over a car” Chris said leading Jiyong inside, “Baby...” Seunghyun tried stopping them but Jiyong cut him off, “Seunghyun I’ll be fine”

 

 

 

 

“I don’t get it” Josh slumped down beside Seunghyun on the couch, “A few hours ago, he was making life decisions for you, and now he’s barely looking at you so tell me, how did you it up”?

“I don’t know” Seunghyun said through his teeth, as he watched Jiyong continuously flirt and dance with Chris, “He was okay before we got here and now..... Seriously, what’s Chris’s deal”?

“Oh, I’d be careful with him. He’s a ”

“I see” he cringed when Jiyong took the drink Chris was offering him, he didn’t miss how Chris’s fingers grazed Jiyong’s. He tried stopping Jiyong from drinking earlier but ended up getting scolded.

“Dude... make up is the best” Seunghyun was sure the boy beside him was already drunk, “I used to make my ex pissed just so I’d her brains out”

“That’s the thing.... Jiyong and I haven’t..... well we haven’t....” he was stammering, he definitely wanted .

“Don’t tell me you’re a ”! Josh said a bit too loud, making a few of the people around them turn to him.

“I’m not a , I’ve been with girls but Jiyong is my first boyfriend... and before now he’s been sick alot and I don’t want to hurt him” It was the first time he’d come clean. with Jiyong scared him, he didn’t want to hurt Jiyong.

“I don’t know man.... Think how he feels, if my boyfriend wasn’t giving me the attention and I wanted, I’ll try getting it else where” Seunghyun could see he and Josh becoming close. “A bunch of us are going clubbing from here”

“Uh...” He was distracted, Chris and Jiyong were dancing too close for his liking, “Some other time” he walked up to the duo, “Jiyong a word”?

“Maybe later” Jiyong dismissed him but he was having none of it, he pulled Jiyong away, “Hey, what the hell”! Chris yelled. “Back off dude”! he shoved Chris and pulled Jiyong out of the house, shoved him in the car and drove off.

“Really, you’re still going to give me the cold shoulder”? Seunghyun said keeping his eyes on the road, “You were five seconds away from cheating on me back there”. Seunghyun threw a glance in Jiyong’s direction. “Seriously Jiyong, what did I ever do to you”? they finally arrived back at the hotel.

“Oh I don’t know... I just thought I’d rather be with someone who isn’t repulsed by me” Jiyong stepped out, slammed the door behind him and ran in. “Jiyong wait....” Seunghyun was too late, Jiyong had taken an available elevator while he was still handing his key to the valet, but luckily for him, there was another one available.

“Jiyong...” He held the door just before Jiyong slammed it in his face, “Jiyong what do you mean by that”?

“You push me away whenever I try to touch you.....It’s not so hard to see that you don’t want me...like that” Jiyong aggressively took off his shoes, “I’ve heard you talk about the girls you’ve slept with, you’ve never had to think twice but with me...you push me away....I get it Seunghyun, you’re not gay and I don’t blame you for thinking gay is gross”

“Is that really what you think I’ve been doing”? Seunghyun took a small step toward Jiyong but took two steps back, “I can’t believe that’s what you think of me”

“Really Seunghyun because you’ve been locking the bathroom, even when peeing... and you don’t want to make love to me when...”

“I’m scared” Seunghyun finally blurted out, “I’m scared that I’m going to hurt you... Jiyong you’ve been sick for the better time I knew you and now you’re alright and...I’m scared that something might happen when...you know” he knelt before Jiyong.

“I’m okay, nothing will happen to me... I want to do this with you, but you’re making me feel unwanted”

“Unwanted? You really don’t want to know what I’ve been doing in the bathroom...spoilers... you were the one I pictured” Seunghyun winked, “I love you, I love you so much”.

Jiyong’s eyes widened, he’d never heard Seunghyun say the words before, not like that and not even to the parents, “I love you too”, the words slid out naturally. His heart was racing, “Then.. allow me help you with that next time” Jiyong placed his arm around Seunghyun, “Like now” he pulled Seunghyun up to the bed.

“Jiyong, I...I can’t...I mean...we shouldn’t” Seunghyun groaned when Jiyong got on top of him. “Really...”? Jiyong asked as he reached for Seunghyun’s bulge, “That’s not what he’s saying”

“Jiyong” Seunghyun groaned again when Jiyong’s hand tighened, “Jiyong if you continue this, I wouldn’t be able to stop”

“Who said I want to stop” Seunghyun’s gaze gave him confidence. “Good” Seunghyun switched their positions, and pinned Jiyong down. He undressed him, placing light kisses everywhere, “Seunghyun stop looking at me like that. I know...I know i’m not pretty like that.

“What are you talking about, you are the most wonderful, gorgeous man I’ve ever met” he said before pulling down Jiyong’s boxer shorts, “Well look at that, someone is excited”

“Seunghyun stop” Jiyong covered his face in embarrassment, “You sure”? Seunghyun took Jiyong’s bulge in his hands and in, “No don’t stop” Jiyong moaned, jerking his hip to match Seunghyun’s . “Jiyong you look so y right now” He laid beside Jiyong, placing several kisses on him, letting his hands trail down to Jiyong’s buttocks.

“Seunghyun, do you know what you’re doing”? Jiyong held Seunghyun’s arm in place, “Of course, it’s not rocket science babe” Seunghyun answered quickly before leaning to kiss Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

“Baby... are you awake”? Seunghyun kissed the top of Jiyong’s head, “I know you are”

“Don’t look at me” Jiyong rolled off his boyfriend, “Last night, we....”

“We made love....twice” Seunghyun flashed a smile, “and we both loved it” he placed kissed down Jiyongs back. “Look at me baby, please”. Jiyong turned to face Seunghyun. “Jiyong did i hurt you last night”? Jiyong shook his head, “Then tell me what’s wrong”

“I liked it... I loved it so much... maybe a little too much” Jiyong blushed, “So much that I want to do it again even though my back hurts a little”

“Really...I can help with that” Seunghyun placed a kiss on Jiyong’s back, and added more when Jiyong moaned. “Has anyone ever told you, you have the cutest ”? He asked when he’d reached Jiyong’s buttocks.

“Some guys at the party did actually....OWW”! Jiyong yelled, “Did you just bite my ”?

“That’s what you get for trying to make me jealous”

“That kind was kind of hot, do it again”

“I’ve created a monster” Seunghyun chuckled, “Jiyong thank you”

“For what”?

“Everything. If it weren’t for you, I’d still be drifting through life and I’d never really know who I am or who I want to be”

“And who do you want to be”? Jiyong smiled. “I want to be the person who loves you unconditionally, I want to be the person who gives you everything your heart desires”

Jiyong turned to face Seunghyun, “You can’t live for me”

“But I can, and I will. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me” Seunghyun confessed, and was offended when Jiyong started laughing, “Really Jiyong, I mean I’m only poring out my heart here”

“Sorry…babes…it’s just that your heart isn’t the only thing that’s being exposed” Jiyong laughed and winked at Seunghyun’s exposed . “Baby you don’t have to sneak a peak, it’s all yours” Seunghyun winked.

 

 

~~~

A/N: So sorry, i at writing :( and i didnt want to ruin it.