Chapter 10

The way you make me feel~

It's my birthday guys YAY!!!!!

 

~~~~~~~~~

      Seunghyun closed his eyes the minute his lips touched Jiyong’s, it wasn’t his usual ‘okay it’d be awkward I don’t’ thoughts because in that moment, it felt right. It felt like the only way it was supposed to be. Or maybe it was the fact that his body seemed to have a mind of it’s own. He pulled away to see a smile on Jiyong’s face, a welcoming smile, making him reached up to caress Jiyong’s cheek. In the moment of both boys looking into each other’s eyes, it felt like it was just they both in the world.

        Seunghyun pulled Jiyong down for another, a deep one. Jiyong wasn’t responding at first, which scared him a little and when he was about to pull back, he felt it, Jiyong leaning in and kissing him back. “Uhmm” Seunghyun moaned when Jiyong opened his mouth, Jiyong tasted like sunshine. He soon felt pressure all around his shoulders; Jiyong’s arms had circled him, and that was the moment, he was flooded with worry. Did he like Jiyong? Did Jiyong still like him? He wasn’t gay, and Jiyong was his brother. He pulled away in that moment, and instantly missed the warmth. Jiyong’s eyes were still closed, his lips both swollen and a deeper shade of red, Seunghyun had to resist the urge to swoop back in and continue, “Jiyong... I..” The words suddenly failed him, saying that it was a mistake would be an obvious lie. Saying that it meant nothing would also be a lie because he loved it. “I think mom and dad are back.... we should go back in”. That would do for now, he quickly rose up and walked away.

    “EARTH TO JIYONG”!!! Mirae screamed in her younger son’s face. She and her Eun Hyuk wanted to hear all the details about prom, but something was off. Actually something was off about her two sons, she and Eun Hyuk had just arrived home and were in the kitchen grabbing a late snack when Seunghyun entered, looking like he’d just heard the world was about to come to an end, and avoiding her gaze. She was about to bombard him with questions when Jiyong walked in looking like he’d just won the lottery. Mirae could have lied about several aspects of her personality, like how she deeply shipped her two sons together, but one thing she would never lie about is being a nosy mother. She always wanted to know, only that this night was a bit different, she and her husband were tired; performing two triple bypasses in one day amongst other minor surgeries could be stressful.

       Seunghyun quickly excused himself before she or Eun Hyuk could get a word in, but Jiyong, in his semi comatose state was a bit too late. “So how was it”? She continued.

“It was okay mom” was all Jiyong said but she wasn’t satisfied.

“That’s it”? Eun Hyuk raised an eyebrow, “What I would give to go back to my prom... Mandy Mcdowell” he finished, earning a glare from Mirae.

“Who is Mandy Mcdowell”? Mirae heard her younger son ask, “Your father’s first... the one he would never forget” she rolled her eyes.

“But dad I thought mom was your first”

“She was...is... it’s just...” Eun hyuk stuttered “YOUR MOM’S FIRST WAS ERIC SLAYMAN”!

“EUN HYUK”!! Mirae was suddenly embarrassed; even her younger son had turned into a tomato. “You didn’t hear that” she told Jiyong before giving her husband a look, the famous no tonight look then smiled when his shoulder dropped.

“Wait...” Eun hyuk smiled sheepishly as he walked over to Jiyong, “Is Minhyuk the reason you’re all...ooooooh”

“DAD”!

“Wait the doctor..... Minhyuk-shi”? Mirae was deeply disappointed. She had nothing against the doctor; it was just that for however unorthodox it may have seemed, after seeing both Seunghyun and Jiyong together, she thought they looked good together. She certainly wasn’t running for mother of the year.

“So tell us about it... no don’t, it would be too weird when I’m doing rounds with him in the hospital” Eun Hyuk laughed, “Whoa, that sleek bastard” he laughed some more, more at how angry Mirae looked, “Honey, we should invite him to dinner soon”. Gone where the days when he felt awkward talking about gay romance with his son. When Jiyong first came out, it’d been a touchy subject for him and felt bad when it was time to give both boys the ‘talk’. He’d breezed through the one Seunghyun and avoided Jiyong until he decided to educate himself, and it ended up not being all bad.

“DAD”!! Jiyong couldn’t take it anymore; “Goodnight” he kissed them both on the cheek and quickly made his way upstairs. He still needed time to get his wrapped about what had happened, Seunghyun kissed him. He slumped on top of his bed with a huge grin on his face, and quickly reached for his journal. Minhyuk was wrong; Seunghyun did like him.

         After several minutes of tossing, giggling, and reminiscing, he decided to go to Seunghyun. Even gaho was staring at him like he’d gone insane; the poor dog had even retreated to his own bed. Seunghyun used to randomly barge in his room and demanded an impromptu slumber party so why couldn’t he?

        He tiptoed toward Seunghyun’s room, not as confident as he was thirty minutes ago when the idea popped in his head.

      “You may be my best friend but you’re one sick bastard” he heard Seunghyun’s voice. Seunghyun’s room door was slightly ajar. “I guess you’re not a anymore. Seriously T, I was getting worried”, there was a little pause then he heard Seunghyun laugh. “Dude forget tonight, I haven’t been a for a while so yeah it was no big deal”, Jiyong knew he should turn away but his legs seemed to have been made of gold because it suddenly felt heavy, “What are you talking about, I took her to the Marriott hotel, we got the honeymoon suite.....every girl’s first has to be special.... I had to make it special for her.... it’s Lana, nothing less that the best for my Lana” Jiyong gasped, “I don’t know what you’re talking about” Seunghyun said and laughed. “Jiyong”? He thought he was caught, “I don’t know... I guess he spent time with the doctor. Whatever, why are you asking about him”? Hot tears were already burning his eyes but he decided he wasn’t going to cry, “I really don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m just glad high school is over.... I have to say it was really smart of me to use him to get to Lana..... You should have seen how Lana’s been all over me, she even told me she was in love with me

       He couldn’t hold it anymore, the tears poured. His legs suddenly seemed paper light, and he quickly sprinted back to his room, dropping on his bed and covering his mouth to muffle the sobs. He hated himself for being such a fool, how could not have known. He cried harder, as he felt Gaho cuddling close to him, giving him comfort, “I’m such a fool”.

Jiyong>>>Minhyuk 
Hyung you were right, I am such a fool. 

 

He typed before wiping the tears with the back of his hand. Minhyuk called but he didn’t answer.

 

Minhyuk>>>Jiyong
What happened? Are you okay?

 

He double-checked the time; it was 12am. Minhyuk was usually asleep by 9pm

 

Jiyong>>>Minhyuk
Hyung why are you awake?

Minhyuk>>>Jiyong
I have an exam the day after tomorrow. What’s Jiyong? Can I call you?

Jiyong>>>Minhyuk
NO! I’ll just talk to you tomorrow. Hyung if you had an exam, why did you come with me to prom? I am sorry; I don’t want to disturb your study time.

 

Jiyong didn’t trust himself, he couldn’t afford to break down and start sobbing on the phone.

 

Minhyuk>>>Jiyong
Jiyong do you really think I can study now that I know you’re sad? I am going to lay awake worried, and the prom only took three hours of my time. It's fine, plus I had a splendid time with you. 

Jiyong>>>Minhyuk
Hyung why are you so nice to me?

Minhyuk>>>Jiyong
You deserve it. You deserve to be happy.

Jiyong>>>Minhyuk
Hyung you always know how to make me happy. Hyung can I just promise to talk to you tomorrow?

Minhyuk>>>Jiyong
Okay, but you’re not allowed to change your mind tomorrow. I’ll come pick you up at noon.

                      

                                               ***

 

Something was wrong but there was nothing he could do about it. Jiyong was distant, very distant. It was last week of school, and even though most seniors skipped out early, Seunghyun felt the need to be with his friends. Classes were over but most seniors showed in school for games and for the distribution and the signing of the yearbook. The yearbooks were given early for those who were traveling and were unable to make the graduation ceremony. “Yo Seunghyun, where the hell is Ji? Haven’t really seen him since prom”? One of his friends asked, “Uh, he’s at the hospital doing his volunteer”. Truth be told, he hadn’t seen much of Jiyong either, he was always out the door before the break of dawn and back in and in bed at dusk. Apparently he’d been keeping in touch with the folks because whenever he complained, they both laughed it off and said they spoke to Jiyong all the time which could only mean that Jiyong was avoiding him. He was only giving Jiyong a bit of space because of the kiss, he didn’t want to overwhelm him, “Why don’t you call him Seunghyun, tell him that the prom king is needed” Taemin said from the corner of the bleachers, where he was arm in arm with Suzy. Since prom, the two had been an inseparable pair and the sight sickened Seunghyun. He was jealous. “Hurry Seunghyun” Taemin pushed again, he knew Taemin was only teasing, especially after the long talk they had on the phone after his kiss with Jiyong.

  “No need” Lana sat beside him, slung an arm around him, “He’s here...or should have been minutes ago, Minhyuk oppa is here to help him clean out his locker” Lana finished and everyone cooed, apparently in support of the two’s closeness, which only made Seunghyun roll his eyes.

      He didn’t want to think much into it but Jiyong was growing increasingly close to the doctor, “Hey guys” Everyone turned at the sound of Jiyong’s voice. “YOUR HIGHNESS” “JI” “JIYONG”, people screamed. He didn’t look up but he felt Jiyong’s eyes on him, “Sorry i can’t stay long, the doc has rounds soon and he’s my ride” he heard Jiyong again some people whined,

      “Common Jiyong, Ill take you.... when we leave from here, we have to take Lana to the airport” Taemin pulled Jiyong down. “Yes Jiyong, I want you there with me not these bozo’s” Lana pouted, “Plus we haven’t spent much time together since before prom”

“Alright, I’ll just text Minhyuk hyung and tell him that I’ll meet him later” Jiyong said and stepped away for barely a minute and sat beside Taemin and Suzy.

“So you have half the basketball team, half the football team, the whole cheerleading team and a bunch of other people following you to the airport”? Seunghyun laughed before ruffling Lana’s hair, he kissed her forehead. He was going to miss her. Lana was leaving for the states, her grandfather’s health was failing and her family had gone before her to bid their last farewells, but Lana didn’t want to miss prom, especially since she wasn’t sure if she was ever coming back, she’d been accepted into two different schools in the states.

“Well I AM the prom queen, am I not”? she asked causing the people around to laugh.

“STOP FLIRTING YOU TWO”! Suzy snapped at them, making Seunghyun pull Lana for a tight hug, “No one said anything about you and T all day so you have no right”

   Jiyong watched the pair silently as his already broken heart, broke into tiny little pieces, everyone was looking at the two and arguing about which couple looked better, and he suddenly felt like an outsider. He imagined how grief stricken people would look if it was he and Seunghyun being all cuddly. It was good things didn’t work out.

“How about one last game of football” Seunghyun quickly took off his shirt and ran to the field with a football in hand, and the other boys followed suit. How he never noticed how nice Seunghyun’s body, was strange to him, because the years of playing sports had obviously done Seunghyun great justice. He quickly removed his eyes, ‘Two more days Jiyong, Just hold on for two more days’ he chanted. It was hard living with someone that every sight of the person hurts you to your very core. He could no longer face Seunghyun, not after Seunghyun had used him.

“Hey, I picked your year book for you” Lana handed him the hard cover book, “We’ve been doing the signing and going through it for the last two days..” Jiyong flipped through the pages, surprise at the loads of messages left him, he couldn’t wait to read them. “Go to page 56” Lana said and he did. His eyes widened at the picture of he and Seunghyun during lunch, Seunghyun’s arms were draped around his neck, and he was looking up at Seunghyun. “I can’t believe they put you guys at best couple. I heard Taemin was the one who suggested it”. He almost choked, now he realized how obvious he was, the way he looked at Jiyong gave away his feelings and he wondered how anyone could have missed it.

He must have been looking at the picture forever because by the time he looked up, he was alone on the bleachers, and everyone was now on the field playing. “Ji come join us” Lana called out to him before a shirtless Seunghyun swept her off her feet, apparently, they were about to start some type of couple race. “No I....”

“You can’t refuse champ”

“Hyung”? Jiyong looked up to see Minhyuk pull off his white V-neck. Jiyong blushed, the doc always looked so cute, he never would have imagined that the young man had a ripped body underneath it all. Jiyong was suddenly lifted up.

“Hope you guys don’t mind that I join in do you”? He heard Minhyuk say to the rest of the guys as he joined them. “No oppa, I told you to come didn’t I” Lana winked at him.

“And why would you invite an old man”? Seunghyun while the other guys were already introducing themselves to Minhyuk. “That old man has won more....”

   “Lana, let my actions speak louder than words” Minhyuk smirked at Seunghyun. They got in position, the race was from end of the field to another. “Ready” “Set” “GO”!!!.

        Minhyuk won, and Seunghyun was a close second. The guys praised Minhyuk while Seunghyun sulked in a corner.

They all made one quick stop by Lana’s house before taking her to the airport, “I miss you already” Lana said before pulling him in for a bear hug, “We’ll skype everyday.. and text me whenever okay” He nodded, he liked Lana, but a part of him knew that he would have missed her much more if high school weren’t over.

 

 

                                                                         ***

 

 

Dinner was silent, except for the clanking Seunghyun made with his plate. He still didn’t understand why his father chose to invite the doctor to dinner, especially since he’d just decided to confront Jiyong. He needed to know why Jiyong avoided him so much, something told him that it was more than just the kiss, he could see it in the way Jiyong looked at him with so much disappointment.

    “Okay someone needs to say something” Mirae sighed, she was getting tired of both her sons attitude, it gave her deja vu of the times not so long ago that it seemed like they were strangers living under the same roof. “I don’t think I can take much of hearing Seunghyun fight with his plate” It would have been okay if she hadn’t gotten used to how close the two had gotten. How they used to sit so close and bicker about who the better rapper was, or how Seunghyun basically always bribed Jiyong to eat, “Seriously, what is wrong with you two. It’s giving me indigestion”

“I don’t know... why don’t you ask Jiyong why he’s been avoiding me” Seunghyun said almost immediately and instantly regretted it. Now everyone was going to know it’d been bothering him.

“I'm moving out” Jiyong said with his attention still on his food. Seunghyun laughed until he realized it was not a joke, “Jiyong” Seunghyun called out but Jiyong remained unnerved.

“Jiyong, why”? Eun hyuk spoke this time. It was something he’d expect from his older son, not Jiyong.

“I want to stay close to school when I start college, but I know you and mom already dismissed dorming so I was thinking about living off campus. I found the perfect place, it is close to my classes and also close to the hospital so I can still do my volunteer”

   Mirae still hadn’t gotten her head wrapped around not seeing Jiyong everyday, she was ready to celebrate Seunghyun’s departure whenever he chose to leave but not Jiyong, “Jiyong you don’t know the first thing about living by yourself”

“I’m not” Jiyong looked at Minhyuk as if asking for permission. Minhyuk nodded and he continued, “I will be living the medical student apartment. The landlord liked me and he said I could move in as soon as possible....” he looked at his parents, they looked unconvinced, “Minhyuk hyung is my suitemate, for now i’ll have a room to myself... and almost everyone in the building is older and responsible so if anything happens I’ll be in safe hands and nothing will happen because I am healthy.... I’ll have dinner with you guys on weekends, and mom.. I’ll give you a spare key to my room so you can show up whenever you like”

“Wow, it seems like you have it all figured it out” Mirae sighed sadly.

“You aren’t going anywhere” Seunghyun finally said, “Mom... dad you can just let him leave”.

“Sit down Seunghyun” Eunhyuk said to Seunghyun who was unaware that he was standing, “When do you plan on moving”?

“Honey” “Dad” Mirae and Seunghyun said in unison, “Never in this house have we forced someone to do what they didn’t want” It pained Eunhyuk to say but it was the truth, “Minhyuk could you excuse us please. I’ll see you in the hospital tomorrow”

“Thank you for the dinner Mrs. Choi, it was lovely” Minhyuk quickly excused himself.

“You should thank the cook” Mirae rolled her eyes.

“Jiyong, I’ll call you later” He said before exiting, one of the maids saw him out. “Jiyong is there anything bothering you”? Eun Hyuk asked, “Is there anything we have done to offend you.. is that why you are leaving”?

  Guilt washed over Jiyong, “No dad, I love you guys. I just need a bit of space, this is the first time I’m healthy and I want to experience the world for myself” he hated that he had to drag his parents into his drama.

“Okay then” Eun hyuk said before quietly rising from his seat, “I guess dinner is over”

“THAT’S IT... HE CAN’T LEAVE, I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW IT”! Seunghyun finally exploded, “How can you two be such bad parents, allowing your child to just leave” he knew he was being a little harsh, but he couldn’t care less.

“Don’t you dare blame them Seunghyun”! Jiyong’s voice had all three of the occupant’s head turn to his direction, shocked. Not only did he sound incredibly hurt, he’d also called Seunghyun by his name for the first time, “I am leaving because I can’t stand being under the same roof as you anymore” Jiyong quickly made his way upstairs, slamming the door behind him. “I don’t know what you did Choi Seunghyun, but you have to fix it” Mirae poked Seunghyun’s chest with every word. “But i didn’t do anything” “Well he’s leaving soon so you better find a way to make him stay or bring him back when he leaves” Eun Hyuk said solemnly as he lead his wife to their room, leaving Seunghyun deep in thoughts.

 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry if there are errors, people are starting to call for me and i knew that if I didnt upload this today, I wouldnt for a while. Sorry it feels like it's dragging a bit but this is going to be an eye opener for Seunghyun :)