At The Party (Part 1)

The Decoy Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baek Hyun and Myung Soo are in the car where they are heading to a boutique owned by Victoria Song. She is one famous designer in Korea and now Yoon Ah needs one of her dresses to go to Park Enterprises’ party.

Yes, she will go to that party later in the evening. Many actress and singers, idols and artists along with important people in the country will come. Yoon Ah got the actual formal invitation from the mail, which her name with Se Hoon were crafted as the invited guests. Se Hoon has told her about Da Jung’s attempt to bring him into the party, so they are not really shocked to see his name there. Beside, it is probably the right time for him to show himself to public. He has been hiding long enough. Yoon Ah’s people can see some discussions about their relationship. Some participants claim to think that their relationship is on the edge.

They need to flip that thought around. So Kyu Hyun said that it was wise for Se Hoon to show up at that big party as Park Enterprises’ party. Also, they are not there alone. Kyu Hyun agreed to tag along (he uses those ‘tag along’ words) with Gyu Ri, only to make sure Min Kyu and Ryeo Wook will not do anything embarrassing to Yoon Ah. People know that Min Kyu and Yoon Ah are friends, close friends, so let they see like that.

Kyu Hyun called Min Kyu (for the first time after his running away action) to deal with this. He asked his older brother to act like he is just a good friend with Yoon Ah, and not acts like a-runaway-fiancee-slash-gay-brother-of-her-manager. Min Kyu agreed with that condition, but he asked not to be so close to Yoon Ah. Ryeo Wook is still thinking he is less than Yoon Ah (I mean, you can’t really judge them together, right) and feeling inferior around her. Kyu Hyun agreed, thinking that it would be silly for Yoon Ah to keep herself around the couple when she herself has Se Hoon beside her (no offense, but Se Hoon is definitely younger than Min Kyu and probably is the most handsome guy for her now).

Nam Joo is granted to have sleep-over at her senior’s house (remember Cho Rong?) and Lu Han, Yoon Ah’s dear cousin, is coming back. So this sleeping over things is probably a camouflage for Cho Rong to get herself go with Lu Han this night. Whatever it is, Nam Joo promises that she will not call Chan Yeol at every kind of situation. Well, no one believes that, so they send Ye Rim to follow the ‘sleep-over’ activity. Myung Soo is grumpy after that, but after looking the grumpier Baek Hyun, he feels that this time might be the best time to spend their time by drinking soju in nearby street food vendor. They also ask Sung Jong and Hye Rim, and they agree to follow. They promise to meet at the nearby street vendor because Baek Hyun has to drive for Yoon Ah and Se Hoon.

By the way, Chan Yeol always refuses to meet with the family when Nam Joo asks. Baek Hyun has seen this thing, actually, but he still keeps his mouth shut for unknown reason. Probably he doesn’t want to see Nam Joo sad, but everyone (including you, readers) knows that someday, it will be opened, right? Oh yeah, about KaiSoo couple, Kyung Soo did not agree to marry Jong In, of course. He rejected him couple of times, until Jong In declared in his house that he will be ready to inherit his family’s company. His mother cried out loud and praised (she is quite religious person, which is why Jong In met Father Kris way before this story happens). They called Kyung Soo immediately (since they didn’t know that he and their son broke up) and Kyung Soo then promised to give Jong In chance, just ONE chance. They are in relationship again, but marriage is probably still a long way for them.

“Hey, we are here.”  Baek Hyun wakes up Myung Soo as he is faling asleep on the road. They have requested one evening dress for Yoon Ah. For Se Hoon, he will borrow Kyu Hyun. Well, he doesn’t want to spend the money just to buy or rent something that he will not really wear frequently. After all, men just need suits, ties, trousers, ad shoes.

The boys come into the boutique and they meet a tall, a bit dark skin man, with dark circles around his eyes. He is wearing neat suit and carrying a notebook.

“Hi,”  Myung Soo says hi to the receptionist, “we are here for Im Yoon Ah’s dress.”  The stranger gives his attention as he hears Yoon Ah’s name. Baek Hyun smiles shortly to him as he realizes the man is looking to them.

“Oh yes. Please come inside,”  the receptionist says, “Miss Song is currently with a client, but your dress will be brought to you shortly. Just relax yourself inside, please.”  Myung Soo and Baek Hyun nod as they get themselves inside the boutique more. There are sofas and so they sit there. The stranger, strangely, follows them and sits beside them.

After some time, Victoria Song comes out with another woman beside her. The woman is no stranger for Myung Soo, of course, since she is Gyu Ri. Myung Soo gasps as he sees her.

“Thank you for your cooperation, Mrs. Han. I am so glad to have such a client like you.”

“Me too. It’s a great time working with you. Zi Tao?”  The stranger is getting up after being called. Myung Soo doesn’t have to be genius to realize two things: the man’s name is Zi Tao and he is working for Gyu Ri.

Gyu Ri sees Myung Soo and she smiles. She knows him by his looks and no more. She just doesn’t want to tell people they know each other because of Victoria here. Victoria was Kyu Hyun’s friend and the person Kyu Hyun asked when he intended to ask Gyu Ri to marry years ago for making her a bride dress.

“Oh, hello there you two!”  Victoria greets Baek Hyun and Myung Soo after Gyu Ri leaves, “wait here. My assistant will take her dress. I think she will go with her husband, eh?”

“Yes, she will.”

“I really want to go there but that Park Jung Soo isn’t inviting me! How sad I am!”

“Uh, yeah, it is a sad moment.”  Baek Hyun can only say that, with awkward smile. Shortly, her assistant is coming with a dress in her hands. They take and sign the paper before leaving.

“And now, jewelry store and shoes store.”

“Mind to tell me who that woman is? She seems familiar to me,”  Baek Hyun states, and Myung Soo’s smiles is disappearing. “What do you mean?”

“I have seen her several times, and she smiled to you. You know her, for sure. Who is she?”  Baek Hyun’s head is getting closer to Myung Soo, “is she…..your ex? I can tell Ye Rim—“

“For God’s sake, Byun Baek Hyun! Are you mad? How could she become my ex?”

“Then tell me, who is she?”  Myung Soo sighs.

“She is Han Gyu Ri, Chairwoman of Han Corp.”

“Oh, is that company where noona is working now?”

“Yes.”

“That is why she seems familiar. How do you know her well?”

“What?”

“Oh, come on, Kim Myung Soo. Do not try to lie to me.”

“She was in one school with both noona and Kyu Hyun hyung.”

“Oh…..WHAT? WAIT A MINUTE! IS SHE???? SHE IS…..?”  Baek Hyun screams like a crazy person.

“Yes, she is Kyu Hyun’s ex-girlfriend. Now, are you happy?” 

 

~~~

 

Se Hoon is getting ready with his borrowed suit and trousers. Hye Rim kindly helps him arrange his brown hair (yeah, Hye Rim is the one with the courtesy to make his hair brown now, a dark brown, but still) into a stylish mode, according to her. She is now busy preparing Yoon Ah. Myung Soo is with Se Hoon in the living room. He is playing game while Baek Hyun is sitting at the kitchen bar with eating some chips.

“You look great.”  Sung Jong says because he sees Se Hoon is not really comfortable with his new look. Sung Jong used to play with Myung Soo but now he is hungry and wants to go to kitchen bar to eat some chips with Baek Hyun. Maybe when Yoon Ah is finished and Baek Hyun has to be the driver, the chips are only for him.

“I am not really myself tonight.”

“You have to get used to it. You are Im Yoon Ah’s husband. You have to be ready for these kinds of things.”  Sung Jong gives encouragement to his little brother and Se Hoon smiles back. Even though Sung Jong is looking a bit younger than him, he is a capable older brother and Se Hoon can’t thank enough to him.

“Baek Hyun!”  Hye Rim screams. Baek Hyun gets chocked by the chips and he coughes a lot. “What?”  He finally can say something.

“Unnie is ready! Get the car ready!”

“Okay!”  He then walks, “for information, you don’t have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter