The Past that Eats Us

The Decoy Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song of this chapter:

 

 

Kyu Hyun can see that Baek Hyun is broken-hearted. All his employer does is looking to the sky, as if the sky will give something to make Nam Joo's attentiopn to him. He pats his shoulder, "don't be too sad."

"That treeyeol just becomes my eternal enemy."

"Isn't he always your enemy? You even kicked him with your foot back in Okinawa."  That was one hillarious moment. When Chan Yeol was sneaking up to take some photos, Baek Hyun, from behind, kicked Chan Yeol so that he successfully fell into the water. 

"Maybe this is how he does revenge. But how did he know about Nam Joo's connection to me?"

"I don't know."  Suddenly, Myung Soo comes in, carrying his beloved tablet into the room. Sung Jong is still in the living room, watching television with his siblings (minus Se Hoon). "Hyung, Huang Zi Tao and Zhou Mi were calling."

"Oh yeah? By the way, who are they?"  Kyu Hyun has no idea who Huang Zi Tao and Zhou Mi are. 

"Huang Zi Tao is Han Corp's Chairwoman's secretary. He said that the company wanted noona to become the new face of their product. He said the chairwoman herself had talked to you. And Zhou Mi is the General Manager of Park Enterprises. Turns out the leader is friend of your hyung, and he invites you into the party, replacing your brother."

"Park....what?"   asks Baek Hyun. "Enterprises. The company that is led by Park Jung Soo, the man of the year or something. I have heard he won that title this year. Like the most eligible bachelor or something." 

"Ah! That company! Jong In had said to me that his sister was once being set up to him."  Kyu Hyun talks.

"Really?"  

"Yeah. About this Huang Zi Tao, you say Han Corp.?"

"Yeah. I have searched it, hyung. The chairwoman is--"

"I know. Gyu Ri. I have talked to her,"  Kyu Hyun sighs, "how is about Yoon Ah's schedule?"

"She is still in her leave, but Sung Jong said that some drama PD have offered her roles."

"Doing advertisement is not bad, considering she is now having so much free time."

"What should I say, then?"  asks Sung Jong. He is already in the room when Myung Soo explained about Huang Zi Tao earlier, "about the drama thingy."

"Ask them to send the script. Myung Soo, ask her to read and choose. We should still respect her decision, and also now, tell her about the advertisement things. If she says okay, I will accompany her to Han Corp."

"Hyung? Really?"  asks Myung Soo. He doesn't believe Kyu Hyun wants to meet Gyu Ri, at any occasions. 

"I am her manager. I should act like the manager, whatever it costs."  Baek Hyun looks intensely to his boss. He doesn't know about Kyu Hyun-Gyu Ri things, but he is sure of one fact: Kyu Hyun is once hurt by a woman. That explains his actions to women around him (except Yoon Ah and Hye Rim). He is always the jerk for the women. Even Ye Rim and Nam Joo are quite uncomfortable around him. Also, his reason when he chose Sung Jong as his secretary: so that no women try to seduce him. 

If you look it for one time, you really want to punch Kyu Hyun and his arrogance. However, if you look it closely, you can sense that Kyu Hyun doesn't want to involve much with girls, as if he had been hurt by them once. 

"Okay. I will go to noona's room. Maybe she hasn't slept yet."

"No, she hasn't,"  says Sung Jong, "Se Hoon just came down and took a glass of water. She might be in shower or something. They are always like that."  Yoon Ah and Se Hoon naturally, take a leave when another one is taking a bath or shower, or even just changing the clothes. 

"Okay."  Myung Soo goes to Yoon Ah's room. Kyu Hyun lies himself on the bed. Baek Hyun says goodbye to Sung Jong, because he is not living there, actually. Sung Jong nods and goes to the bed. 

"Hey."

"Yes, hyung?"

"Have you received any weird phone calls for me?"

"What do you mean, hyung?"

"Any calls, saying that he...or she wants to meet me or even talk to me. Not because of Yoon Ah."

"Your brother."

"What?"

"Min Kyu hyung called this afternoon, saying that he was just getting back from Netherlands. He wanted to meet you."

"Whatever with that jerk."

"And a woman named herself Mirror Princess. I thought it was a joke, but she persistently called."  Kyu Hyun gets silent after that. He turns his body, and tries to close his eyes. 

 

 

Mirror Princess. 

 

 

That was her nickname given by him. 

 

 

Yoon Ah was laughing out loud when she heard it for the first time and asked her close senior about the reason. 

 

 

"Because she likes to admire her ugly face in the mirror. I mean, I have to do those tasks alone and all she says is 'do I look pretty?' That is pretty annoying."

"Just admit that I am beautiful, Cho Kyu Hyun."  She poked his cheek, and Kyu Hyun dismissed her hand. Not because he didn't want, but because he was embbarased. Yoon Ah giggled. 

"Oppa, you should just admit it. Gyu Ri unnie is indeed beautiful."

"Even my fellow goddess is admiting that I am beautiful. Just admit it, Kyu oppa. I am a beautiful girl."  Kyu Hyun rolled his eyes, and next he received a light kiss on his lips. It was his first kiss. He looked so shocked, while Gyu Ri was so casual about it. Yoon Ah gasped, and then giggled again. Her seniors were so funny yet adorable. 

"What did you do?"

"What?"

"You just kissed me!"

"What's the problem? Is that you first kiss?"   Kyu Hyun's face became so red, and Gyu Ri realized she just stole someone's first kiss. She felt terrible, but she didn't want to show it. "Oh really? You are already nineteenth years old, oppa. You are too old-school."

That was how everything started. Kyu Hyun knew Gyu Ri since she came to his high school for the first time. Everyone were jelaous to her, every guys wanted her heart, but she just ripped them apart. That was why she had too many enemies. Nobody wanted to help her, even in academic state. Gyu Ri was punished then to join the nerd, geek club, the science club. Kyu Hyun, who was at the time, apple in front of his teachers' eyes (because he won national champhionship) was asked to tutor and help Gyu Ri, at least to increase her score. 

However, Kyu Hyun got the idea of the real Park Gyu Ri. She was not the arrogant girl like they used to say. She was just a confident girl. Confidence that was misunderstood as arrogance. She was actually kind and loving, sometime bossy, but Kyu Hyun was okay with that, because he is the youngest in his house. 

Kyu Hyun himself was not favourite by his friends, mostly because his background and scores. He was the brightest student there, yet he had this good look and family's wealth that made some girls became his fans. However, Kyu Hyun always thought that high school was innapropriate place to have boyfriend or girlfriend. He determined to have girlfriends when he had reached the university state. 

And Yoon Ah came. People were loving Yoon Ah, but Gyu Ri never felt jelaous by Yoon Ah's popularity. Yoon Ah is Yoon Ah. She is the humble girl, who always blushes when someone says that she is beautiful. Gyu Ri taught her to become confident with herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter