Chapter 29

Hey you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your hands only separated when you both packed what was left over from the lunch you just shared though you were the one to pull your hand from his. You fed him a total of three times after your first attempt and with the last one, you felt comfortable doing so. You had felt the need to try again as you reasoned that you were the one using your dominant hand to eat while he had to use his left.  Despite your reasoning, you felt the pleasure in feeding him and you idly wondered if this was how your mother and sister felt when they fed their significant other. The happiness that came with preparing the food and personally giving it to them followed by their content expression as they chewed did feel rewarding.

You shook your head to get rid of that thought and you felt him squeeze your linked hands. You looked into his eyes and he gave you a questioning look. You only shrugged and tightened your hold on his hand. You fingers lightly traced his knuckle and you saw the muscles in his hands tense for a second before they went limp.

His grip lightened and he withdrew his hand a little until he rested his hand over yours and you felt the difference in temperature as your hand went from resting in his warm hands to resting on the cool surface of the desk. You stared at your hands and the pause following that was oddly nerving. After a while, you tugged your hand out from under his and grabbed your empty lunchbox to place it on your desk. You had to lean back on the back of the chair’s leg to reach your desk.

The legs of the chair hit the floor with a click when you had settled down.  Taekwoon’s right hand was casually lain out at the center of the desk with it open and you placed your right hand within in its clutches.

Taekwoon cleared his throat and you looked up from the sight of your clasped hands.

He was also staring at your hands and you felt him tug at your fingers.

“My note,” his fingers ran along the tips of yours. His eyes flickered up to you, “Did you read it?”

For a second you were confused by what he said. It was hard to concentrate with the way his fingers were trailing along the length of your hand. Your mind was so focused in memorizing the way his hand was familiarizing itself with yours, that it took a little effort for you to think back. Once your memory was jogged a little, you took a sharp intake of breath and his eyes flickered once again up to yours.

His note. You had completely forgotten about it. Without thinking you pulled your hand away from his to grab the piece of paper you had stuffed in your jacket pocket. The slip of paper was wrinkled when you had pulled it out and you quickly unfolded it.

In front of you, Taekwoon was frowning and his abandoned hand remained limp on the desk.

He scoffed before muttering, “Did you forget about it?” he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

You gave him a withered glare before you looked down at the note. Your eyes were barely about to process the characters on the note before the paper was snatched out of your hands.

Your hands remained in the same position with your eyes fixed on the same point where the beginning of the note was. The ringing lunch bell broke your stunned reverie. Your hands slowly curled into themselves until you lowered your arms to the desk. You raised your gaze to his but he was glaring out the window with a scowl firmly set on his lips. His right hand was clenched around the paper as he shoved his hand into his jacket pocket.

He was muttering low enough that you couldn’t understand what he was saying and his eyes dashed to yours long enough for you to see an unrecognizable glint in his narrowed eyes.

You sat there staring at him and he was avoiding looking at you but this time it was very different than the way he had done so when you had come into the classroom. He was leaning back in his seat and the frown on his face seemed to be engrained and frigid. The precious moments of minutes ago suddenly felt like a forgotten second as you felt this icy aura radiating from him. It was very different from the cold air that physically surrounded you from the frozen windows but the way his posture was set made you feel it to the bones.

He was truly mad now and you didn’t know what to do.

The door opened and you didn’t dare look away from the fuming boy. The chatter that accompanied the newcomers sounded distorted. You didn’t know how your expression was now but even that was beyond your control as you continued to gaze stupidly at him.

The muffled noise surrounding the two of you only increased in volume and then you saw something come between your vision of Taekwoon. You blinked multiple times and focused on the thing that snapped you back to the present sound of your classmates returning from lunch.

You finally noticed the presence of someone standing next to you, still waving his hand in front of you.

“—kyungie! Mikyungie,” Ken’s voice was saying in a singsong. You lifted your head up to him and he smiled down at you. “Mikyungie, what’s the matter?” You looked right back to Taekwoon as Ken continued to speak, “We made a bet to where we would find you two but none of us guessed you two would be here.”

“What are you talking about? I said they might be back in the classroom.” N’s voice made his presence known as you stared at Taekwoon who remained glaring at the frosted windows.

You shifted in your seat.

“You changed your guess last minute to the cafeteria.”

“But I was right anyways since they were in the classroom.”

Ken sighed, “There’s no arguing with you.” He leaned down next to you so he could whisper to you, “I’m counting on you Mikyungie. I think only you can take down the close-minded N-hyung who is always weak at the sight of a pretty girl.” You leaned away from him a little when you smelled the garlic from his breath but he continued on, “You might be the only one who can keep his mouth shut since you have already conquered the dragon that is our Leo-hyung,” he brandished his hand out to said boy who hadn’t moved an inch.

When he didn’t get a response from you, he stood up and took the three steps to reach Taekwoon.

“Hyu--,” Taekwoon shoved his chair closer to his desk so he could avoid Ken’s hand which swiped the air where his shoulder was a second before. Without a look, Taekwoon folded his arms on his desk and laid his head down on top.

“Hyung?” Ken peered closer at him while you watched, transfixed.

After a pause, N moved next to you, “Mikyungie?”

“Everyone take a seat!” the teacher came in. “And get into your groups please!” He shut the door before briskly walking to the podium. It was then that you realized it was math class, which meant you had to sit by Taekwoon for an hour longer. You noticed Ken and N slowly move away back to their seats and you could see Yoohyuk coming down the aisle from the corner of your eye. You gave Taekwoon one last blank glance before you stood up and moved your chair back to your desk.

You took out your things for the class mechanically after moving your lunchbox under your desk. There was nothing you could do and you didn’t think it would do any good to avoid the issue.

“It would be nice to move away from the window, right? Mikyung-ssi?” Yoohyuk cheerfully asked as he stood up. The room was filled with people moving their desks around with chatter spread throughout and it took you a pause to understand what he asked.

You looked up at him before following his example and standing up. He was looking at you expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter