Chapter 2

Hey you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You opted to stay in the classroom while everyone else had gone to the cafeteria for lunch. Some of your new classmates eyed you throughout the morning, probably knowing about your earlier incident with Sanghyun  and it was starting to annoy you.

You silently observed the room you would be confined in for the rest of the school year. Everything was like any other classroom, complete with the desks placed in rows and columns. Very uniform. Luckily there were plenty of windows that lined one side of the wall. Your class didn’t even have to switch on any of the lights for the room to be brightly illuminated. The sun streamed in with no effort and you mindlessly gazed at the specs of dust as they floated around.

Without any thought you pulled out your mp3 and plugged in the earphones. A soft guitar chord flew into you as you placed your lunchbox on your desk in front of you. You untied the fabric that held it all together and a pair of chopsticks rolled out. You quickly stopped them from rolling off the desk. You placed them in such a way that they wouldn’t move and finished laying out your meal. The kimchi fried rice was settled on the right side of the bimibap and you reached down into your bag to pull out your water bottle. You were too lazy to walk to the vending machine to get something else, so water would have to do. The bimibap was delicious as was the kimchi fried rice. You silently sent your thanks to your mom and sister.

Thinking about them led thoughts to the two men in their lives. You let the excited feeling build up inside you knowing your dad was coming home. It has been almost a month since you last saw him although he called frequently. You were such a daddy’s girl and you only let him baby you.

The second man in your life was Kim Hwangin. He and your sister had met in their first year of college and Mieun is the result of their love. They had been engaged for almost a year when he was called in to serve. Apparently, Mieun was conceived during one of his rare leaves. Nunji sent him pictures and kept him up to date throughout her pregnancy and he was there in his uniform as Mieun was born. You had also been in the delivery room by your mother’s insistence which you suspected was a way to scare you out of having one of your own. It worked.

Unknowingly, you had eaten all of your bimibap and rice as you got lost in your thoughts. Checking the clock for the time, you noticed you had a good ten minutes before class would start. Just enough time for a short walk. You packed up your things and were soon on your way out of the room. However, once you reached the small courtyard where everyone usually spent their lunch after eating, you noticed the amount of stares you got.

Rolling your eyes, you walked away and wandered the hallways. You checked the notices on the bulletin boards near the main office. Nothing caught your eye so you moved on.

“NOOOO!” Caught off guard by the intensity of the voice, you looked around for the source and took out your earbuds. “HYUNG! NOOOO!” The few students also in the hall with you looked at each other in confusion.

There was a crashing sound and a figure ran out of one of the classrooms. He was heading toward you and was covering his ears. “I didn't see anything. I didn't see anything,” he was mumbling to himself and almost bumped into you in his rush to get away.

Then another person was tailing him and shouting in a high pitched voice, “HYUKIE! Come back!” he slightly lowered his voice as he noticed you and the rest of the students staring at him. You recognized him from this morning as the tall guy who you tagged as the class clown, Ken. He had his hands cupping his face in the classic flower boy pose. He blinked his eyes innocently at you guys and winked at you in particular. You just stoically stood there.

“Yah! Ken!” your other classmate came up behind him and started pulling him backwards. “Look what you did to Hyuk.” N started scolding him.

You looked at them for a few more seconds before you slowly turned around and walked off. “It was your hugs that started it,” you heard Ken’s reply.

“What do you mean? Hyukie loves my hugs.” That was the last thing you heard as the bell rang and you made you way back to your class.

There were already a few people in there and you noticed a note on your desk. As you plopped down on your chair, you eyed it. ‘Mikyung’ was written on it and you recognized the handwriti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter