Chapter 17

Hey you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The haze you were experiencing at the moment slowly lifted and your senses became intensified. Your laughter, now a thing in the past. You felt his hold on you become stronger at the same time a wall of wind gusted through and you couldn’t feel the cold temperature. It was the only sound you heard for a few seconds before the air settled into an eerie stillness seconds later.

The rustling of your jackets brushing against each other was also distracting and you turned your head to the side so you could look at something other than the fabric of his shirt that was peeking out of his jacket. You tried leaning your head back and away from him but you didn’t get far so you stopped moving. While still processing the fact that you were with him in your current position, your hands clenched into a fist at your sides and you saw the bench you had sat on a few feet away. It couldn’t have been more than two months since then.

The skinship had taken you by surprise and you had a feeling it was mutual judging by the stiff way he held you at first as he became fully aware of what he just did. Gradually his arms loosened until it was the right amount of pressure that surrounded your shoulders and upper back. He interlocked his arms with his hands grabbing his opposite arm behind you effectively trapping you and making you come to terms with your new reality.

Your mind was blank in a way you never experienced and at the same time you took notice of the sensation of being held by him. Not once did you have any thoughts of breaking away from him and his awkward hug and that worried you a little but it was not unwelcomed. Rather, you were accepting.

You squeezed your eyes shut tightly as you slowly and carefully rested your cheek on his chest. You became aware of the unconscious action at the same time he did with his arms tightening a fraction. You were accepting his hug in your own way although your hands remained at your sides. You let out the breath you unknowingly had been holding and put a little more of your weight into him. You felt his chin rest on top of your head and the feeling of it changed before you knew his cheek was now resting on you. In return, you nuzzled into him.

“I-,” your knuckles became white at the sound of his voice. He didn’t continue his sentence and you felt yourself become flushed if you weren’t already. The wind continued to blow and you felt your body remain a little tense, wanting to know what kind of thoughts were running in his mind.

He extracted his arms slowly almost reluctantly and you decided to become acquainted with the rocks on the ground as the comfort extracted itself along with his arms. Neither of you stepped away from your current positions from each other with not that much space in between you two. You swayed a little where you stood feeling the abrupt difference between a few seconds ago and now. The difference of being in his arms and now not at all.

You were expectant, both for his words and just waiting for something to interrupt you both since you didn’t know what to do. The bell couldn’t save you since there was still a good ten more minutes before it rang. His friends most likely wanted to leave you two alone and there was no one who would want to be outside after spending all morning out here today.

The wind gently blew and you focused on his hands that were in a similar state as yours. He was clenching his hands in a tight fist and you let your eyes follow a familiar path upwards until you were looking into his eyes. His hair was ruffled and your own hair was swaying with the wind but you didn’t do anything to it. You had the sudden urge to run your hand through his hair and you could easily and clearly picture yourself doing it.

His eyes were tracing your face making you feel exposed. He was looking down at you while you tilted your head up.

“I don't know,” you whispered. Your answer to his silent question was the best you could come up with.

“I don't know either.” His voice was just as quiet as yours.

This obviously changed some things between you two at the same time things became a lot clearer. Neither of you invaded just anyone’s personal space or let anyone do that to you. But as you two silently came to the conclusion that nothing would be completely explained between the two of you at the moment, it was best to get back inside before the weather starts to really annoy you. Back to familiar grounds.

You both walked away toward the door you had exited at the same time and your hands bumped into each other’s all the way.

When you and Taekwoon had returned to the classroom you kept your eyes averted away from his and his friends’ as they continued on as before. They were laughing at something Ken had said that you didn’t get because your senses were on overdrive with Taekwoon standing right behind you. You were still wrapping your head around what just happened

You quickly crossed the room and slipped into your seat and noticed that the food you left behind was completely gone. You mad quick work of stacking up your dirty trays as the boys continued on obliviously.

Next to you Hongbin leaned back in his chair and smiled at you as he pushed one of your plastic containers over to you. You sent him a small simple smile before adding it to the standing pile. Another one was held out to you on your other side where he reclaimed his seat and you didn’t bother looking at him as you took hold of it. He didn’t let go of it.

You sighed and looked at him.

His fingers subtly brushed yours making your grip on the item connecting you two tighten that made your own fingers brush his. You pulled the small tray away from his hand and placed it at the top of the stack.

“So noona,” you looked at Ravi and silently thanked him for his interruption. “Uh, what did that note say?”

N looked at him in shock as well as the others but there was curiosity in their eyes as they looked over at you for your reaction. You could even feel the glare Taekwoon sent to his dongsaeng who shrunk back at it.

You merely reached into your jacket pocket and tossed the forgotten folded piece of paper to Ravi nonchalantly before going back to tying up your containers. He caught it in surprise and you smirked to yourself at their wide eyes as they watched you silently, not moving. Taekwoon’s foot hit yours and you only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter