Chapter 26

Hey you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You felt like your words were echoing up and down the hallway with the way they were ringing in your ears. There was embarrassment. Yes, there was also a sense of accomplishment and relief that was banging around. But above all there was anger. Not directed toward this guy who you senselessly revealed your precious feelings to. The anger and disappointment was toward you and Taekwoon.

To be honest, what you wanted was for the two of you to be able to work this out yourselves. You didn’t want the push that the current situation brought upon you two. You honestly felt that it was unnecessary and would bring less than stellar results.

It wasn’t the right way to go about this.

It was the wrong turn because it wasn’t supposed to happen like this. You didn’t know how it should have gone but that fantasy was gone and lost now. That fantasy is just what it is.

You squeezed the hand that wasn’t holding Taekwoon’s until you felt the bite of your blunt nails. Your other hand was cradling the hand it was holding onto because now your true feelings were up in the air.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Your musings were shattered by the intruder. He lost his smug and superior demeanor now that he was the one losing his standings. You weren’t sure if your confession had put him in his place now that you lost yours so it better had been worth it.

When neither you nor Taekwoon made any response, other than you holding Taekwoon’s hand a smidge firmer, Gunwoo smiled. “The bell will probably ring in a while and I don’t want to be the one who will delay you two and make you late so I’ll let you go.” He stood up taller, “I’ll be seeing you at our first tutoring session Mikyung-ssi.” He turned to Taekwoon and you could feel the way he was sizing him up which was another thing you thought was unneeded. “Nice meeting you Jung Taekwoon-ssi.” He ce again and was heading down the opposite hallway you and Taekwoon began to walk through.

That sunbae was gone from your mind as you felt the slack in the hand you were still grasping. You let it go and your thoughts scrambled for a distraction until they rested on the present task of going back to class.

You felt extra aware of the guy you just declared as yours. There was a touch of annoyance at that thought. You didn’t like the current situation, most of all the uncertainty that was sure to follow your… your confession.

You paused in your steps.

Taekwoon, who had taken the lead, continued walking. He was unknown to the fact that he was going on without you and you gathered your wits and quickly caught up with him. After all, he was the first guy you had confessed to. You felt more of the uncertainty creeping in at the thought of being separated from him especially after what had happened not even ten minutes ago.

As you two came to your classroom door, you were both surrounded in five seconds flat.

“There they are!” you took a step back in surprise at the accusing finger in your face. Another second later, Taekwoon had that finger in his hands and the accuser was whining, “Owowowowooooowwwwwww!”

“Leo-hyung!”

“Leo-ya, you’re making a scene!”

“All of you yelling is the thing that’s making a scene!”

“We only have a minute before classes start!”

“If I’m late the teacher will punish me!”

“Let go of Ravi’s finger Leo-ya!” Ken had to step in and help N save Ravi’s poor finger. After one tug and a helpful diversion from Hongbin, Ravi was on the floor cradling his finger against his chest.

The few classmates who witnessed the event slid through the classroom door as they looked on curiously but you could tell they would be wary of Taekwoon in the future if they weren’t already.

“Go to class before it’s too late.” Those were the only words Taekwoon muttered as he ushered you through the door while you looked down at Ravi in concern. It was hard to tell if Taekwoon was warning them not to be late or if it was more of a threat.

You only heard Hongbin’s voice encouraging Ravi to get up before Ken closed the door behind him.

The classroom was pretty loud and only the classmates who saw what happened were staring at the four of you. The others were arguing about something that you didn’t feel the need to pay attention to because you saw a piece of paper on your desk. Taekwoon saw it before you did and he stopped at Yoohyuk’s desk and stared at it for a second before shaking his head once and going to his seat. You followed behind him and shoved Yoohyuk’s empty chair in before taking your seat.

Like before, at the beginning of the year, you stared at the harmless piece of paper. You grabbed it and slowly unfolded it, taking your time. You got halfway through the note before the teacher announced his presence by tapping his podium at the front of the classroom.

“Attention students!” you looked up as everyone in the room quieted. “The teachers had a small staff meeting during lunch and there seems to be quite a few students who have yet to sign up for club activities. Please be aware of the rules that require every student to join a club. If you have not decided, the staff will decide for you and we’ll end up placing you in a club of our choice by the end of today. The school has given you all the freedom to choose something you’ll be investing your time and effort in and it would be best to take advantage of that.”

He let the silence after his announcement carry on for almost a minute before he smiled, “Now that’s covered, let’s start getting ready for your upcoming test.” This was met by groans while you looked down at the note and skimmed through the rest of it before folding it up and placing it within your desk.

You were called on twice that class like the teacher had it out for you in particular that day. You didn’t let that bother you as you recalled the contents of the note which you felt you should worry about more but that was hard to commit to especially since the words Taekwoon and boyfriend bounced around your head.

This had never happened with Sanghyun. You felt your expression rearrange itself to show your annoyance and wonder at that thought. Of course it was different than before. Because you actually liked Taekwoon. That fact alone separated the two boys by planets as far as your feelings went. You realized now, in the middle of your literature class, what a sham your first relationship was. Wait, that wasn’t the right way to describe it because despite it all, you did have a nice time with Sanghyun though they were here and there.

You mentally rolled your eyes at yourself. Here you were over analyzing your relationships in the middle of class.

After scolding yourself internally, you focused on what was left of the lesson and took your notes. Yet, he kept coming in, knocking things around and it was through sheer stubbornness that got you through that class. You had two more hours’ worth of classes left that you had to power through but that was manageable.

At the end of classes you packed at a slower rate than usual. You had finished reading the note and you were waiting for the writer to come find you. Yoohyuk said his good-bye to you which you replied with half a smile. That smile faded away as the writer came up behind him with a smile b with anticipation. You still weren’t sure if you would use your usual excuses to let that person down when the perfect distraction came up.

Taekwoon held out the hand you had grabbed earlier that day, and you pushed your lunchbox into it.

“Mikyung-ssi! Did you read my note?” Taekwoon made an awkward face that was both surprised and confused as he stared at Jimri. She was beaming at you. One of her friends said bye to her as she passed and that took away Jimri’s attention from you for a second. That second was enough for you to observe Taekwoon as his expression settled into one of his more stoic ones. Jimri’s head whipped right back to you so fast it scared you.

“I’m sorry I wrote you that note instead of asking you in person but I couldn’t wait to ask you out this weekend.” Those words went into the air for two seconds before she realized what she said. Her eyes widened before she tried to stuff the words back in, “Not-not like that! I wanted to go shopping with you for our volleyball gear and clothes!” Her eyes flickered to Taekwoon whom she didn’t seem to mind listen in on your conversation. “Besides I already know you two are-a-a thing.” She blushed at these words while you watched on amused as she tried to explain herself. “Not that I know that but I just assumed like others that--,” she stopped again.

N and Ken ambled over at the right moment to become her knights. Though N’s expression was a little too irritated to be knightly but his appearance and words were enough to stop Jimri from rambling on. “Leo-ya! You need to come with me and apologize to Ravi-ya! Hongbinnie texted me in between classes that Ravi had to go to the front office to see someone about his fingers!”

Ken threw an arm around Leo’s shoulder that was quickly shaken off. That didn’t deter Ken as he repeated the action but grabbed onto Leo’s sweater with a tight fist. “It’s not like Ravi-ya needs his fingers for anything. Didn’t he join the soccer club? That and didn’t our Leo-ya,” Taekwoon elbowed him but Ken dodged it with surprising fle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter