Chapter 12

Hey you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey all. Sorry for the major delay so here's something new. Some good old flashbacks from a special someone.

 

 

He couldn’t help but sigh. He had been doing that a lot lately especially since school was about to start.

“Hey Leo!” he ignored the voice and kept his eyes on the black and white ball. “Hey-“ the voice was cut off abruptly and a groan came out.

Ravi started laughing and Hongbin joined in as Hyuk stood there with just a smile on his face, not wanting to get in trouble later for laughing. But he was having trouble keeping his laughter in so he looked away from the crouching figure of his oldest hyung into the distance. Ken was gasping as he tried to catch his breath from laughing so hard.

Leo had kicked the ball into the stomach of the annoying person who had been nagging him since this morning. Leo slowly made his way over to the only person older than him in his group of friends and silently stood next to the coughing figure. He leaned down and patted his shoulder a little out of concern but the rest out of obligation.

Hyuk held out a bottle of water to N who was now glaring at Leo. He coughed once more before sitting up properly, “Did you have to do that?” his voice was a little hoarse.

Leo looked away but a smile tugged at the corner of his lips. Around them their friends were still laughing and N looked at them irritated. He grabbed the water bottle Hyuk was still holding out to him and started to dump its contents on the three laughing figures. Hongbin quickly moved out of reach while Ravi and Ken were caught. Hyuk started to laugh and Leo smiled more widely, happy that N’s attention was diverted to the others.

“Leo hyung!” Ravi gave him a thumbs up while smiling. Ken still couldn’t control his laughter and N was glaring down at him.

“I’d like to see how you guys would feel after having Leo kick a ball at you.”

“I already did though,” Hongbin admitted and sent a cautious look at Leo.

“When was that?” Ravi sat down on the grass next to the red-faced Ken who seemed to have calmed down but had started laughing again at Hongbin’s confession.

“It was during last year’s sports competition.” Hongbin seemed oddly proud of the fact.

“Then you shouldn’t have laughed at me since you know how it feels,” N huffed.

Hongbin looked at him, “But I was happy that it happened to hyung instead of me.”

N hit his head, “Yah!”

Ravi chuckled and Hyuk smiled next to Leo. Leo looked away from them as they started to recall and compare past injuries or battle scars as Ravi called them.  Leo’s mind wandered to his own injuries, most of them being soccer-related. He stretched out his leg as his friends continued to babble on as they exaggerated their stories about how they got injured.

Hyuk nudged his hyung and sent him a secretive smile and Leo rolled his eyes at him. The two of them had gotten closer and often connected whenever their friends did something stupid or embarrassing. Leo patted the maknae’s shoulder and was surprised to see Ken suddenly pop up next to Ravi completely composed and back to normal.

“I remember when I was twelve years old and…” he continued in his normal voice as if he hadn’t just went crazy laughing and everyone looked at him weirdly. Ken noticed their looks, “Yah are you guys listening to me?”

N rolled his eyes as he looked away while looking sulky. Ken had laughed the most at him.

“What time is it?” Hongbin asked as he looked up at the sky.

“Time for you to get a watch! Ohhhh,” everyone rolled their eyes simultaneously.

“More like time for you to get better jokes,” Ravi scoffed at Ken.

“Time for you to get over yourself.”

“Time for you to move on,”

“Time for hyungs to get a life,” Hyuk piped up next to Leo and they all looked at him. Realizing what he just said, he started to back up and held out his hands defensively. “I was just kidding hyungs,” he continued backtracking as N, Ken, and Ravi slowly got up from their seats on the ground. They looked at the youngest threateningly. Leo ignored what was happening even though he kind of agreed with the maknae’s words. But he didn’t know if he was included with the hyungs Hyuk mentioned so he didn’t bother standing up for him to protect him. “I didn’t mean it the way hyungs are taking it,” Hyuk continued to try and defend himself but Ravi, N, and Ken were walking toward him.

Hongbin was watching with a smile on his face and shrugged his shoulders when Leo looked at him questioningly, “Those three are going to get my revenge for me.”

Hyuk quickly took off and the three of his hyungs started chasing him around the small park they were at. Ken gave up after a while and it wasn’t until Ravi tackled the maknae did the whole chase come to an end.

Leo was dribbling the ball by himself during this time while Hongbin watched what was going on at the sidelines next to him.

“I’m sorry hyung!” Hyuk was resisting the hold Ravi held on him and N caught up to them.

Ken was lying on the grass panting next to Hongbin and he slowly sat up, “Hit him for me too Ravi!”

“Me too!” Hongbin looked completely relaxed as he lazily raised an arm.

“You should know better by now our little baby maknae,” Ravi scolded him. Leo looked at them and measured the distance between him and the guys. He quickly kicked the ball and watched as it sailed in the air. It looked like it was in slow motion as it made an arch and hit Ravi right on the head. “What the heck was that?” Ravi let go of Hyuk and rubbed his head. Hongbin was the first to laugh and Hyuk took the chance to quickly run towards his savior.

“Thank you Leo hyung,” were the first words Hyuk said to him once he reached him.

“Why’d you do that Leo hyung!” Ravi complained as he made his way over. “Do you know how long it took me to finally catch him?”

Leo looked at him and nodded while mumbling. Hyuk leaned closer to catch his words before looking at Ravi, “He said ‘You should have spent that time playing soccer instead,’ which is true Ravi hyung,” Hyuk quickly moved behind Leo as Ravi glared at him. “Leo hyung is right, we should have all been playing soccer now instead of wasting time chasing me around.” Leo nodded along.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter