Chapter 15

Hey you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon’s posture seemed to straighten up a little and you felt yourself sitting up properly. He had a certain aura surrounding him that you could feel even at a distance. He waved at you and you found yourself waving back. After that, he paid attention to his teammates.

N and Ken kept going on about their secret weapon and you weren’t stupid to get it but it kind of made you self-conscious. You had a feeling they wanted you to hear them but you didn’t understand why.

“Leo actually has a reason to win other than just to win. It’s something that none of those guys you named could ever have. Only our Leo.”

“If you’re not going to tell us, then stop talking about it.”

“I know, it’s getting annoying.”

“We’re just warning you guys.” They were back to using their normal voices.

“Just don’t have high expectations for your own classes. Besides we have a few other varsity soccer players in our class.” N smiled at them innocently.

The principal walked to the middle of the bleachers, “Can I have all of the teams gathered here please,” he waved them forward. Slowly each team came forward but the players were always with their own respective colors. Seeing them all grouped together, you felt a headache coming. The only normal colors were your class’, Ravi’s, a plain blue one, and a white one. The rest were in ugly colors and neon.

 “Teams will sit on the opponent’s side of the field when they are not playing. There will be teachers supervising you all so be on your best behavior. Any unruly behavior and the player will be banned to participate and play. Now, for the first game, we have classes 1-B and 3-C which is the, uhh, orange and salmon colored teams.” You shook your head at the principal’s blatant distaste for the colors. Cheers erupted from certain parts of the seating area anyways.

“The next game will be between classes 3-A and 2-C.” His announcement was followed by more cheers. “After that, there will be a short break. Following our break, we will have classes 2-B and,” you didn’t hear what he said after that as your class began screaming, yelling, and jumping around. You took your time standing up and instead of joining in with their cheering, you took the opportunity to look around. Your class wasn’t the only one cheering and you saw more than a few girls in other classes doing the same. You sat back down as your class finished making their statement and you didn’t pay any more attention to what the principal said now that you had the information you wanted to know.

“Once again, be on your best behavior during this tournament and there will be no trouble.” A scattered applause started and the referee took the loudspeaker.

“Good morning everyone. I will be the ref for the games. Like your principal warned, any unruly behavior will not be tolerated. We don’t want a repeat of what happened last year.” A flashback of a few fights breaking out came up which included your class last year embarrassingly. “With that, let’s begin. Can I have class 1-B and class 3-C captains step forward for the coin toss.” You were kind of familiar with the game and Ken and N’s earlier short soccer lesson gave you a better understanding.

The other teams who would not be playing started to head across the field to the opposing side’s bleachers while all of the classes were on the larger home bleachers. You kept your eye on a specific person to see where he would sit and you saw a few other players from different teams greet him respectfully. You couldn’t believe what you saw but wrote that off as him being a sunbae. But you recognized one of Sanghyun’s friends also bow to him and you frowned, feeling confused.

When the coin toss was done, cheers broke out. You silently watched as both teams ran over some things in their huddles before they did their standard fightings and took their places at different positions on the field. The game soon began and you silently watched as everyone else around you began to get excited.

The game started and you watched as the ball went back and forth between each side. You weren’t as into it as everyone else and your thoughts went back to your family. Your dad was due back this weekend from Japan and he would be making a stop at your house on his way back to the military base. You were looking forward to that but your thoughts were cut off as dissatisfaction and booing exploded. You had been mindlessly following the ball around so you saw how two players ran into each other, intentionally on one side’s part. A warning was issued and the game continued. A few minutes later the orange 3-C team scored the first goal.

You yawned in response and the game kept going. The third year team scored another goal while their hoobaes tried to keep up. A glance at the scoring board showed there was less than five minutes left and mostly everyone was cheering for the first year team except for the third years. The game ended with class 1-B failing to score and the other team advancing.

“Ahh, it looks like Hyukie’s class is out already,” Ken sighed. You looked at him surprised since you hadn’t known that the first year class was Hyuk’s.

N laughed behind you two, “He already said his class were going to lose since no one was good at soccer in his class.”

“Ravi’s class is 1-A and Hongbin is in class 1-C. Neither of them had high expectations for their classes. But their games should be more interesting especially Hongbin’s.”

The next game was a little more interesting. Even you could tell both teams had talented players on their sides. It was much more exciting than the first game as both teams took many chances to score so the score was close. This game ended on a suspenseful note as the 3-C team made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter