Chapter 20

Hey you...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You got over your shock and took out your earphones one at a time. When you were done you bowed your head to him, “Sunbaenim,” clearly setting the formal boundaries that his informal hello broke past.

Sanghyun smiled that half-smile of his at you but went back to using formal speech, “Yeah, I was just coming from the office and I,” he paused, “I wanted to share something with you before the bell rings.” His smile was hurting your face with how wide it was.

You eyed him silently. He looked excited and you looked past him for a second. No one else was in the room other than Yoohyuk and his friends.

Sanghyun leaned back in his chair so it was balancing on two legs and the creaking sound made you frown. He immediately sat down properly with a click when he caught the change in your expression. His smile turned sheepish but it still kept that tint of happiness. “I happened to pass by the second year part of the building on my way back to my class and my feet just led me here. So here I am.” He tapped his knuckle against the top of Yoohyuk’s desk to illustrate his point.

This whole time you were just looking at him feeling lost at the unexpected turn of events. Taekwoon’s face crept up into your mind then and you automatically checked to see if he came back again. Yoohyuk and his entourage were still the only ones there.

Sanghyun’s voice brought your attention back to him. His voice was softer and now his smile was a little vulnerable, “I just found out this morning from my dad that,” he leaned closer to you, “Noona is finally coming to visit us.” He leaned back with a satisfied smile on his face and he looked so happy.

You stared at him and felt the excitement rolling off of him in waves. He was smiling brightly at you but you couldn’t help but wonder why he was telling you of all people. You remembered him mentioning his older sister on multiple occasions during your time together and you had felt an unnecessary and petty jealousy toward his sister then.

Now, you smiled tentatively at him and clapped your hands twice. If possible, his smile got wider at your warm reception to his news. “I remembered telling you about Dara noona when,” he cleared his throat, “When we were together. So here I am.” His smiles shrunk a little. “And now I don’t know what else to say,” he chuckled. You continued to stare at him while he looked out the window with his smile remaining.

His side profile looked warm and inviting. His facial features just felt…familiar. You looked away before those thoughts continued as Taekwoon’s face popped up once again.

“Since I said what I came to say, I’m going to go now,” Sanghyun took his time getting up and you looked at him once more. He pushed Yoohyuk’s chair in slowly and bowed his head to you, “Thanks for listening to me Mikyung-ssi. I’ll let you get back to reading your book.”

You repeated his action but waved a little which he returned with a soft smile.

When the door slid closed behind him, you looked down at your book to resume reading when you heard N’s voice echoing out in the hallway, “Oh, Thunder hyung.”

“N, Ken and,” Sanghyun’s voice changed a little, “Leo.” You plugged your earphones back in and went back to reading your book.

When the three boys came in a while later, they joined Yoohyuk’s group. It was a chapter later when you noticed someone sitting next to you. He was just sitting there and stayed still until he leaned forward and placed his head onto the desk. Absentmindedly, you reached over and quickly patted his hair twice. He jerked his head up and looked at you with wide eyes.

You only gave him a casual glance and saw him quickly look toward the group across the room. You reached into your bag and pulled out your water bottle and held it out to him. When he didn’t take it from you, you placed it in front of him before going back to reading but you took out one of your earphones. A second later you heard him uncap the bottle and take a deep swig from it. When you looked at the bottle after he was done, it was already half empty. You sent him an amused smile and he gave you a slow smile before you went back to reading your book.

“Mikyungie,” his husky voice was deeper than usual. You only hummed in response. The chair scraped across the floor as he dragged it closer to you.

Suddenly the chair was being pulled back and the screeching noise made you wince. Taekwoon pulled Ken off of Yoohyuk’s chair.

“Leo hyung,” Ken whined as Taekwoon sent him a dirty look. Before Taekwoon pushed him away, Ken quickly grabbed the water bottle you gave him. “Thanks Mikyungie,” Ken’s hoarse voice was scratchy and his smile looked tired but genuine. He went back to his desk wordlessly. You punched Taekwoon where you could reach him as hard as you could and ended up hitting his thigh.

He glared at you as he took Ken’s previous seat while rubbing where you punched him. You glared back and sent a pointed look at Ken’s back that was facing you since he had placed his head back on the desk. Taekwoon only shrugged your glare off and reached behind him to grab a paper off his desk. With one more glare at him that he didn’t see, you went back to reading but this time you put your mp3 awa. After reading a few sentences you felt him poking you. You ignored that and shifted your chair as close to the window as you could but he followed you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter