Chapter 9

I'm gonna get you good

As Robin opened the door to her dorm, she was surprised to see the lights off. It was already well over 9pm and Baekhyun still wasn’t back. She wondered what in the world was he doing at this hour. She decided to take a nice hot shower to warm herself up from the snow outside first and maybe by then he’d be back.

 

But 15 minutes later, Robin had finished taking her shower and Baekhyun still wasn’t back. The room seemed too dull and quiet all of a sudden like something was missing. Robin had always wanted the room to herself so that she could do whatever she wanted and yet having the whole room to herself now seems uncomfortable. Trying to shrug away the strange feeling inside, Robin decided to call Leah to update her about and the progress between her and Luhan. This only took 10 minutes which effectively left Robin alone in the quiet room again. Usually if Baekhyun was around she’d be in her bed reading a book already but today seemed weird. She was strangely awake and restless at the same time, maybe she should do some exercise to burn off these unnecessary energy. She laid on the ground and attempted a few sit-ups. But by the third time it was clear that she didn’t want to end up sleeping with sweaty armpit. Instead, she got up and began walking around the room.

 

Since Baekhyun wasn’t here she might as well as take this opportunity to spy on his study table. It could be interesting.

 

Once this thought hit Robin she was immediately disturbed by how much she wanted to look through his stuffs. It not only suggested that she was a closet stalker, but also that she might have some subconscious interest towards Baekhyun. Why would she want to look through his stuffs and invade his privacy!?

 

Yet at the same time, the thought was intriguing. She often wondered what the whole clutter on his study table was made of and the clothes in his closet. Was this normal? But she really wanted to look. It’s not like she was going to steal his stuffs, she just.. wanted to see.

 

After a few seconds on battling with her conscience, the worst side got the better of her. No harm just peeping was there?

She consciously strode to his side of the room, took a sweeping glance of his extremely messy, crowded table. But then there was no going back. The OCD inside of her was threatening to manifest itself.

 

“ Gosh. How can someone live in this mess… how does he even do his homework here.. “ Robin mumbled as she casually flipped through the pile of stuffs on his table. There seemed to be no particular patterns or order in how he put his stuffs. On the right corner there was a few tshirt hanging by, his iphone and a bunch of notebooks. The center of the table had a pile of 5-6 textbooks with stationaries scattered everywhere. Loose coins and money were on the right side of the table with his water bottle pressed on top of the notes. Upon a closer inspection Robin could see his macbook being buried at the bottom right corner where a bunch of his caps were stacked. As a whole there were pieces of musical notes lying all across the table. Robin frowned.

 

“ That’s not the way to live…” Robin picked up a few pieces of paper to read its content. Putting it back, she noticed small bottles of medication. Picking it up, she read the label ( thank goodness it was in English) and noticed that it was for gastric problems. Ah-hah! No wonder he said he couldn’t find it. This table was literally a rubbish dump.

Then suddenly with this finding, Robin felt empowered to do something completely strange, crazy yet useful. She must clean up this table for Baekhyun. And it wouldn’t be strange because.. she’s his roommate. And unless she cleans up, he’ll probably never find his meds and take them. This reason seemed legit enough for invading his privacy and rearranging his things in order. With that decision, Robin quickly got to work and began sorting his things, piling them neatly and arranging them according to where they should be. This required a lot of effort because the table was huge and he seemed to have endless of stuffs. Not to mention he seemed fond of keeping expired cereals and instant noodles on his table. She threw them away in disgust. This is why boys can’t live on their own. They have no concept of self-maintance at all.

 

A good 20 minutes later, Robin was done. Impressed, she gave herself a mental pat on the back. The table was clean, neat and impressive. She smiled. Three points for Robin! She turned and look at the clock, it was now about 10pm. And still, Baekhyun wasn’t back. Did something happened to him? But this was the school campus so there was no danger. Besides, if anything did happen, surely someone would have seen and gotten help right?

 

She contemplated calling him up, though the amount of care she had for him did surprise her, she reasoned that afterall friends do care for each other’s well-being and its normal. Then she realized she didn’t have his number. Two weeks now of living with him but yet there seemed to be no real reason to have his number because they have to see each other everyday. She grunted. What should she do? Call Leah and ask for his number? Would that be too much? Why was she worried?

 

Feeling unsettled and not knowing what to do, Robin decided that she should just sleep. As usual she was being the paranoid, over-thinking person that she was. For all she know Baekhyun could be out dating some girl somewhere in the school too. With that she brushed her teeth and slipped into bed. It took her about 15 minutes of tossing and turning before she eventually felt tiredness creeping in and gave in to it.

 

Baekhyun carefully opened the door later that night as he returned. The room was dimly lit by his bedside lamp. It was almost midnight and he reckon Robin would already be asleep. He’d been helping Suho with his vocals for the entire night that he completely forgotten about the time. As he crept in past Robin’s bed, he could see her sleeping soundly on her side. She was snoring a little too which made Baekhyun grinned. It was kinda funny and cute. He briefly wondered how the meeting with Luhan went. Perhaps it went well. Because Luhan seemed like the type to understand, it should have been fine. Besides he seems interested in Robin seeing that he’s asked Baekhyun a few times about her. Usually Baekhyun would even volunteer to help his friends matchmake them with the girls they like but for this time he felt reluctant so he never mentioned it. Was it because she was his roommate and a good friend that he didn’t want to lose? He wasn’t sure. But he only knew that he was only getting to know her better, and Robin is different from any girl he’d known. She was interesting and real. There’s something about her that makes him want to know her even more.

 

He removed his watch and put it on his table. Once he did he was taken aback. He had just realized his table was.. neat. It was a pleasant surprise. Then he noticed his bottles of medicine lining up at the center of his table. There was a note pressed below them. It read:

 

Sorry I can’t help it. Your table was so messy and you really need to start taking your meds !!!!

From: your roommate

 

Baekhyun grinned and looked at Robin. He guessed this was the good part about having a female roommate. They just know how to take care of people.

 

Once again, he’s left to question himself. What was this warm feeling coming over him? Does he.. like her? And surely he couldn’t be so silly to think she likes him when it seemed obvious that she’s interested in Luhan? If it’s anything, she was probably being nice to him because they were roommates. Or she saw him as a good friend like Leah.

He bit his lip. He reminded himself once again, they were good roommates. And that was all there is to that. He just need to get used to having a female roommate.