Chapter 20

I'm gonna get you good

 

Robin didn’t know what to do. This was all too surreal and too much for her to handle in just a day.

Just a week ago, she thought she was in love with Baekhyun all along and that she was being delusional for thinking Luhan ever liked her back. And now he’s saying that he’s like her from the start..?

So.. who is she supposed to like now? Does she even know who she really likes? Had baekhyun been just a substitue for Luhan who she initially liked but later decided to give up on? Or was she really in love with Baekhyun from the start?

 

With her head wrapped up in confusion and shocked, Robin sat through the rest of the night mindlessly. She didn’t even had the mind to look at Baekhyun or Luhan. The fact that Luhan had just publicly announced his feelings for her had also made her uncomfortable. She felt almost blackmailed into accepting him because now the whole world had their attention on her.

 

“ So what’s the deal with you two?” Leah asked later on that night, as she laid on her side and faced Robin. They were already in their tent, preparing to sleep.

“ Me and Luhan?”

 “No, you and baekhyun! Ever since the failed snow storm trip you guys have been literally inseperable!”

Robin swallowed hard.“ We are roommates you know, isn’t it only natural?

“ And is it also natural for roommates to be flirting?” Leah giggled.

“ What?! No! “

“ Oh come on Robin! I saw you guys, you were like two little cute love penguins by beach and then like barbequing together like an old couple! And you guys are always giggling at each other, I mean whats up with that?”

Robin kicked playfully Leah, which prompted Leah to fight back.

“ He also keeps moving closer to talk to you the whole day. I thought he was going to sit on your lap today and you obviously liked it!” Leah protested.

 

Robin laughed. “ You know you might be the only person ever to ask me about my relationship with Baekhyun and not Luhan,”

 

Leah rolled her eyes. “ That’s why I’m your bestfriend you idiot. You might have had a silly crush on Luhan before your feelings for Baekhyun are much more than that. I can just tell.”

 

Robin turned her back away from Leah, covering her ears.

 

“ Oh come on!” Leah poked Robin on her back. “ Don’t ignore me! You know that it’s true! There’s no shame in liking my cousin! We have good genes and it’ll be great for your kids!” Leah said, raising her voice louder. Robin spun back and shush her, which made Leah grinned in that same silly way that Baekhyun always does. This made Robin sighed out.

 

“ I don’t know. Do you really think so?” Robin asked, dejected.

 

Leah nodded and yawned. “Yes. And if it isn’t obvious enough, baekhyun obviously likes you. I just held it in this long because I didn’t want you to feel all weird talking to me about my cousin. But since Luhan has made his move I need to interfere,” She stretched lazily, “ And also, I’m dead tired. I’ve been up all day setting up this party and now I’m gonna sleep. Sleep too robin, clear your head.”

 

Robin said her goodnight, and laid awake for the next hour. She couldn’t sleep. And surprisingly, it wasn’t about Luhan’s shocking confession. It was Baekhyun. She thought about what Leah said about Baekhyun liking her.. but if he really did liked her, why hadn’t he made his move? And did he ever liked her enough to intend to do something? Because now that Luhan had made his move, Robin will have to give Luhan an answer sooner or later. And for now she doesn’t know it yet. All she know is that for now, she would really like to know how Baekhyun felt about her so that she knew how to deal with these strange feelings she’s been developing for him.

 

She felt a buzz beside her pillow. Gropping around, she found her phone. It was a text. She gulped. From Baekhyun.

Without any thought, she broke into a silly grin that was so wide she was thankful Leah wasn’t awake to see this.

 

Baekhyun: Are you awake?

Strangely, Robin’s heart pounded with every single word she read. She was happy, like really happy!

Robin: Yes..

Baekhyun: I can’t sleep

Robin: Ikr. Me too.

Baekhyun: I think it’s a roommate thing, we probably need to see each other in our pajamas to fall asleep

Robin laughed. Before she could reply, Baekhyun had sent another text.

Baekhyun: That’s it imma come over now

 

Within minutes, Robin could hear a rustling sound outside her tent. Her ears perked up. It had to be him right? Surely it’s not some weird animal..

 

“ Is it you?” asked Robin timidly.

“ No, it’s burglars.” Baekhyun replied. “ Burglars whose fingers and toes are turning numb like ice cubes,”

She laughed in the split second before she zipped down her tent. Baekhyuns stood shivering with both his hands in his pocket. Once he saw her his eyes lit up with a warm smile, it made her smile back.

 

“Thank God it’s not the purple elephants. It’s windy and cold, you better pull on a sweater”, he advised her. Robin quickly dug up a knitted blue sweater and pulled it over her head before coming out from the tent. Carefully they walked through the mass of tents, careful not to make noise and waking people up. Robin reckon it’d be a super awkward situation to be caught with Baekhyun like this. Yet this very same thought also made a part of her heart happy. It felt like she and Baekhyun had something special.

 

Within minutes they finally got to the beach. The cool wind was blowing against their face and the sound of the sea waves crashing on the sand were strangely soothing. With both hands hugging their body for warmth, they walked in silent for a while. It was a heavy and thick silent, and Robin had a million thoughts going through her head. The initial intention of taking this walk together was supposed to be light-hearted and relaxed, but somehow it feels like both of them had serious things to say each other, but neither of them knew how to start.

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath and looked down at his feet. Robin was beginning to feel nervous. Finally he spoke.

 

“ I was kinda shocked when Luhan confessed infront of everybody just now,” he began, and paused. This was much more difficult than he had anticipated.

 

Robin could feel a weird ache in her heart. She really wish they didn’t have to talk about that. In response she just mumbled, “ yeah me too,”

 

 Baekhyun knew this was it. It was now or never. He had to man up and do it somehow. “ What would your answer be?” He asked, and turned to look at Robin. She didn’t dare to look back at him, so she stared ahead as they walked.

 

“ I don’t know.. Truthfully I’m not sure if I really like him.. I mean sure he was my eye-candy but it was just a silly shallow thing when I first got here.. I suppose it’s a different thing from liking someone..” she trailed off. She felt uncomfortable and unsure about this whole thing. Why does it feel so terrible?

 

Baekhyun looked visibly relieved and chuckled. “ That’s good to hear.”

 

Robin looked back at Baekhyun and smiled. “ You sound relieved”

 

Baekhyun returned her with his own adorable smile. “ I am.” Then his eyes became serious. “ And I think you know why”

 

Robin could feel her cheeks burning. Was this really happening? Could he.. be feeling what she felt earlier too? Flustered, Robin look straight ahead and kept quiet.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat. He really wish this wouldn’t end up as an awkward situation. “I’ve thought about it a lot and I finally came to realize that my feelings for you are much more than just friends,”

 

Robin froze. Her heart raced, pounded so loudly in her chest she wondered whether he heard it too. And subconsciously, she could feel a shy smile forming on her lips.

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. “ Well what I really mean to say is, Robin, I like you. I really do.” There he let it out. “ And I just wanted to know if you feel the same way too. Especially after today I mean I don’t know if I’m just being crazy but I felt something between us.. I ,” he finally finished.

 

“ You’re not crazy.. I felt it too,” she gulped. “ But I can’t give you an answer either. I’m not sure of my own feelings and.. I really don’t want to hurt you.” She sighed. It’s true. Even though she definitely felt a strong chemistry between them these past week, she

 

Baekhyun nodded silently. He was prepared for this. “ I know. I won’t push you into giving me any answer right now. I just wanted to you to know how I feel about you, and that I am serious about us. Just think about it and let me know your decision once you’ve made it will you?”