Chapter 3

I'm gonna get you good

“ Hey you know I sort of saw this super cute guy in my Art History class today..” Robin began, but was already too excited to get her answers before she could finished her sentence.

The school bell has rung and they were walking towards the admin buildings to meet Leah's cousin as well as settle her dorm issues.

Leah raised an eyebrow. “ Oh so you’ve already found yourself an eye candy?”

Robin laughed and hit her playfully on the shoulders. “ I guess somewhat, keeps school interesting at least”

“ Okay so you want me to ID them for you?”

“ Yeah. How else am I going to know what name to scribble all over my textbooks like a teenage girl” Robin played along.

“ Let me guess. If you’re the person that I know so well, it’s got to be one of the A boys,” Leah smirked.

“ What’s “A boys”? Robin tilted her head questioningly.

“ Um. Sort of like the most popular boys? You know how they always have these social tiers in schools right? Yep we have it here too. Like last year it was Jonghyun, Minho the boys who were the “A” ones and Jessica, Yuri who were the “A” girls. Then it sorts of declines down from B-Z depending on how popular you are around here?”

Robin nodded with sudden enlightenment, “Ahh.. so in that case you must be an A girl and I’m like E right?”, she joked.

“ Firstly thank you, I fully accept that compliment gracefully,” Leah began, and Robin took mental note of how Leah replied to a compliment so coolly, she must remember to use it sometime in the future too.

“ And Secondly, Robin Bunny, you have got one of the lowest self-esteem I’ve ever seen and it’s unnerving because you’re so so pretty and awesome inside out. You know like an apple, looks good on the outside and taste even better inside”

“ That’s a really strange analogy Leah, and I’m sure it’s inaccurate too,” Robin replied, laughing and Leah.

“ Okay, so you’re gonna tell me who is this devasting hot boy or what?”

“ Fine okay okay! “ Robin cleared and try to think back of his dreamy face again. “ Well, he has this like.. super pretty thing going on with his fac .. really soft and delicate.. “

Leah raised an eyebrow, “ okay you’re going to have to speak in human language if you want me to understand that. Pull yourself together woman!”

Robin laughed, “ Okay sorry. I’ll try again. Okay he has this really pretty face. Sort of like delicate and soft.. like really unique face I’m sure no on-“

“Luhan!” Leah exclaimed. “ It’s Luhan! Ohh yes now that you’ve mentioned, you guys would look super cute together! “ She beamed.

“ I KNOW RIGHT!” Robin replied. This is why every girl needs to have a bestfriend, the sort to fangirl these stuff about and say obnoxious disgusting thing without being judged.

“ Okay fill me in his bio and history!”

“ Ahh..” Leah began, “ he’s Chinese actually, so he speaks mandarin. And yes, he’s an A boys, there’s probably a thousand juniors who’s in a delusional love with him and that’s stupid because like duh, he’s so in love with you and why would he want to date them when he already has you right?” she joked, urging Robin to replied playfully, “ yeah duh”

Then she continued, “ but seriously, he’s a nice guy, easy going and smiles alot, is not a douche bag definitely. He’s sort of those nice, gentle, understanding and sweet sort of boyfriend I think. Just the totally opposite of what I would like, but is so your type I know Robin Bunny,” Robin was grinning now. She definitely like what she was hearing.

“ He’s a singing and dancing major like you and I, that’s why you see him in our faculty. I haven’t been in the same class as him much so I can’t tell if he’s got the sort of killer voice like D.O or dances crazy like Kai and Lay”

“ And I have no idea who those people are either,” Robin replied.

“ They’re all the A boys anyway, you’ll know them soon enough,”

“ Okay back to my Luhan please,”

“ Oh now you’re calling him YOUR luhan already? Geez, when are you getting engaged? Tomorrow? Invite me please!” Leah teased. “ Anyway from what I know, he’s single now. Wouldn’t know if he likes anyone because he’s really private, doesn’t reveal much unless it’s Xiumin or Sehun”

“ Okay now you’re confusing me with all the names, can you just leave them out first and focus on Luhan only?!” snapped Robin.

Leah laughed, “ okay calm down hormonal girl.” Then she began talking again, “ as for history. He’s been here since middle school like most of us. I suspect he’s dated this one girl last year for a couple of months but then something happened I guess and she went back to China. ”

“ Oh that ,” Robin said. “ Someone stole his first kiss away from me!”

Leah laughed, “ yeah and you know what? There’s no other way but for you to take his ity to get even!” She teased which made Robin gasped and hit her back. They quickly looked around to make sure no one was hearing this conversation then burst into another round of laughter.

" That aside, any luck with making new friends?" Leah asked. 

" Um just one, my roommate that I told you about. Other than that, not yet. I mean it's not like I'll go up and start saying hi to everyone right? It's weird.." she trailed off.

" But people do say hi to you, and you should continue those conversations instead of replying like you don't wanna talk to them,"

“ Well that’s something to work on,” Robin shrugged. She's right. Especially so in this school, she noticed that it's all about be sociable and knowing the right people. She may have one foot in the door already being friends with the popular girl Leah but she knows she's got to step out there and try to make friends as soo as she can before this school swallow her up. 

“ Yeah that’s something MAJOR that you need to work on before you go college Robin, it’s going to be a tougher world out there,”

“ I know. I WILL! “ Robin encouraged herself.

They had been so engrossed in their conversation that they didn’t even notice Luhan walking a distance behind them from the school building. At first Luhan had wanted to ask Leah about her notes from Art history, since she’s the smartest friend he had but retreated when he saw Leah talking to the new girl. It took him a few minutes of observation to quickly realized that they were close friends.

He recognise her from this morning, awkwardly shuffling around the hallway. Unfamiliar face but pretty, so much so that the boys were talking about her the moment she walked in, although she seems too caught up in her own thoughts to realise this. At first he didn't pay much attention because he'd expected her to be one of those typical, attention-seeking girl. Yet she wasn't. Her eyes, in particular, were captivating. He had remembered those pretty brown eyes that locked his gaze this morning during class. Perhaps she didn't notice him because he tried to smile at her but she'd look away. And strangely Baekhyun seems to know her, he reminded himself to ask Baekyun about it later.

Walking behind them, because the way also led back to his dorm, he couldn’t help but eavesdropping on their conversation. And now that he’s heard everything, he could hardly stopped himself from chuckling. She's pretty funny, the new girl.  He almost didn’t manage to hide fast enough when the girls turned around unsuspectingly to survey their surroundings after they made a joke about the new girl taking his ity. That thought brought a strange feeling inside him.

But she's got his attention.

--

Robin suddenly remembered about Leah bring her cousin along. She haven’t met this cousin before and was quite excited to. “ Oh aren’t you supposed to bring your cousin alone? “ Robin asked.

“ Oh yeah he said he’ll meet us at the admin building because he’s got some dorm stuff to settle too. Coincidence right?”

" Yeah and that's good because I really could use another friend," 

As expected, walking with Leah who knew the campus well took a much shorter time to reach places. Before they knew it they were already at the admin building, waiting for the lift.

“ So, which floor is it again for dormitory related issues?” Leah asked, studying the directory board.

“ You do know that I can’t read hangul and I’m bringing you here to help me do just that right? “ Robin answered and jabbed at Leah.

“ Oh right right.. “ Leah laughed.

Soon they managed to figure out that they were supposed to go to the 4th floor and when the lift door opened, Robin was surprised to find Baekhyun there. Sitting on a couch.

“ Baekhyun!”

He looked up. And confirmed his suspicion. This new girl, was really Leah's friend. At first he didn't want to believe when Leah said that her skinny tomboy friend from those photos had become pretty and would be joining their school this year. But when this strange girl turned up last night, he was quite sure. Because let's face it, how many girls in korea is named Robin? Probably as many as girls who had natural light brown eyes. They sparkled and he had to force himself to look away from her when he talks to her. He had to admit, those eyes were pretty. 

Instantly Leah and Robin turned at look at each other.

“ You know him?” Leah asked, surprised.

“ Yeah.. he’s the roommate I was telling you about,” Robin answered. And looked back at Baekhyun, he was smiling again, like the happy person he was.

And Leah laughed. “ Ah I get it now. So my cousin here, Baekhyun was telling me something about his dorm too so I guess that all makes sense now,”

“ And speaking of that, there’s actually a little problem” Baekhyun said.

“ What’s the problem?” Robin asked, remembering not to frown this time.

He chuckled. “ Read it,” He handed her a piece of paper.

Leah looked at Robin and smiled. “ Yeah read it!” she teased.

Robin jabbed Leah. “ Come on. You know I can’t read this”

Baekhyun’s eyes lit up. “ What? You can’t read?”

Robin suddenly felt embarrassed. “ Okay it’s not that I can’t read. I can but like, in English. I’m just not good with Hangul” She explained quickly as she handed the paper to Leah to read.

Baekhyun looks like he was cracking up. “ So you lied to me last night when you said you read the names on the paper?”

“ Sort of..”

“ You’re really something”

“ It wasn’t like a serious thing anyway” Robin defended.

“ Wow I feel burdened. Now that I know your big secret I’m going to have to blackmail you into being my best friend now “ Baekhyun said, and shot Robin a teasing smile.

Leah looked up at both of them.

“ Bad news or good news?” she asked.

Robin frowned. “ There’s a bad news? Okay fine give me the bad one first”

Leah bit her lips, ”It says that all the rooms in the dorms are filled up and not available for transferring. The other option is to move out into your own home but you’ll have to file the papers in”

“ What? That’s ridiculous! “ Robin replied. “ Okay the good news?”

“ I can come over to your dorm more often since my cousin can’t kick me out of the room?”

“ I’m not sharing a room with a boy!” Robin blurted out. There was no way she was going to share a room with a boy. That’s ridiculous! That’s uncomfortable, gosh, it already sound uncomfortable.

“ But you don’t have a choice,” Leah pointed out.

“ I’m okay with it you know,” Baekhyun offered.

“ But I’m not okay with it!” Robin argued.

Leah scoffed. “ Yes you are going to be okay with it because there’s no other choice. You can’t rent an apartment outside the school and live by yourself!”

That’s true. Yes, but still. Robin tried to search for a comeback. “ Why don’t I dorm in with you instead?”, she looked at Leah. But Leah was shaking her head.

“ You know I can’t do that, I have a roommate Robin,”

“ Argh” Robin groaned. And this seemed to amused Baekhyun who, standing with his arms folded, was chuckling.

“ Oh come on, don’t laugh at me” Robin whined, looking at Baekhyun.

“Me?” Baekhyun asked, pointing a finger at himself. “ I know you probably didn’t expect this and so do I but Leah’s got a point. It’s the only way and unless you have a better option, this is the only room and bed you’ve got.”

“ I promise my cousin would never do indecent things to you and I will guarantee that with my fist” offered Leah jokingly. Baekhyun pretened to look shocked and punched her lightly on the arm.

Great. She don’t have a choice now does she?

Robin let out a louder groan, it sounded more like a growl. She could hear Leah and Baekhyun laughing.

“ I’m starving, let’s go to the cateria for dinner and split. I’m tired,” Leah said as she dragged Robin towards the lift.