Chapter 22

I'm gonna get you good

The next thing Robin knew, it was morning. She sprung up to her sitting position and quickly turned to Baekhyun’s bed.

 

It was empty. And untouched. Her heart sank.

 

Did that stupid Baekhyun get his heart stolen by that wretched Ji Min already? But it’s only been five days since he confessed! Robin threw herself back into her bed and uncontrollably went into a kicking fit. Now she was mad, she was pissed, she was about to explode!

 

Walking to class, she finally caught a glimpse of Baekhyun. He looked refreshed, happy and was laughing at his corner where the usual bunch of people gathered around him. But today was different. Ji Min was standing right next to him.

 

Seemingly to realize that she arrived, Baekhyun looked up and waved at her. Unable to smile back, Robin spun around and pretended not to see it. She flopped down into her chair angrily to spite herself and baekhyun, but used too much force that she slid right down to the ground as her chair flew back.

 

The loud thud brought the noises in class to stop. Everyone was glaring at her now. Feeling red and hot from the extreme embarrassment, Robin felt like dying. She wanted to run. To cry. To hide. To get away from this terrible morning. She heard laughter roaring out from the corners of the class and her humilation was complete.

 

A hand reached out. She looked up. It was Baekhyun. But instead of taking it, she brushed it away and quickly got up by herself. She adjusted her uniform, pulled on her poker face and grabbed her chair back. A few people around her began approaching her, asking her if she was okay and helping her up. In the midst of all that caring, Baekhyun got pushed back.

 

Confused, Baekhyun didn’t understand. He took a step back but could not tear his eyes away from Robin. Did he do something wrong? Why did she just ignore him?

 

But even after school, Baekhyun never seemed to get any chance to catch up and talk to Robin. Whenever he wanted to get up after Robin, Ji Min always seemed to catch him back and somehow distract him with the topic of their duet. It was important because everyone knew the showcase was everything and as much as he was concerned about Robin, he also knew better to focus and do well on his performance.

 

Standing in the queue for food, Robin could hear bouts of giggling behind her. She sighed inwardly, wondering how long more was the gossip about her and luhan going to last because she could feel her patience running thin. But when she snap out of that thought, she realized what they were talking about weren’t her and luhan.

 

It was Baekhyun and Ji Min.

 

“ Oh my god you’ll never guess it. This morning Clara saw Baekhyun walking out from Ji Min’s apartment!”

 

The girls broke into a loud squel as the girl continued. But Robin couldn’t hear it anymore. Before she could think, her feet brought her forward as she headed straight out from the queue and the cafeteria. Because she didn’t know where else to go to escape another voices of gossip, she ended up in the library. Robin calmed herself down and tried to shut her emotions out. She wanted to forget what she’s just heard.

Except she couldn’t.

She never knew Baekhyun was this type of person and beyond just hurt, she’s disappointed. Was he so impatient for her answer that he had to jump on to someone new? Or did he do that just to spite her because he’s achieved his goal now. She’s hurt. And to think she waited up for him while he was probably doing all sorts of indecent things with Ji Min in her room the entire night that he didn’t even return to their room.

 

Their room. Damn it, Robin muttered under her breath. How was she going to face him from now on? Glancing at her watch, Robin think she still has time to pack some clothes and crash at Leah’s place for the time being without running into Baekhyun in the room.

 

Quickly as she could, Robin made her way back to the dorm and grab her sleepover bag. She stuffed her uniforms, some pjs and all the neccasities she would need for a week. She probably can’t face Baekhyun for the time being. But even then, she knew she can’t escape seeing him and Ji Min parading together around in school but that problem had to wait for now. She’ll figure it out later.

 

Knocking on Leah’s door, Robin felt ridiculous. Why was she the one having to move around to avoid Baekhyun like she was doing something wrong?

 

“ Stop banging Robin! The door is going to break because you’re strong like a body builder!” Leah said, opening the door.

“ And why are you carrying these ugly mismatched bags?!’

 

--

 

“ You cannot be serious!” Leah cried, as Robin curled up on the bed.

 

“ I am! I don’t care. I’m just gonna stay here for as long as I can till the school term is over. I’ll just drop by to grab more clothes later on!” Robin mumbled, still fuming.

 

Leah grunted. “ You know you’re throwing a hissy fit right now right? For crying out loud, you haven’t even asked him about it! There could probably be a very good reason for this and you’re just misunderstanding him!”

 

“ Well I know your roommate transferred out so you do have room for me anyway, what’s the problem?” Robin argued.

 

“ The point is!” Leah stood up, her hands raised in frustration. “ You are always avoiding emotional problems and running away from it instead of solving! Just like you’re doing right now, why don’t you answer my question? Stop talking about something else!”

 

“ Fine!” Robin cried. “ What do you want me to say?”  She gasped. “ That I’m jealous? I’m annoyed? I’m hurt and I’m afraid of what he’ll say to me when I confess?”. She swear she was going to stop.

“ I’ve never had anyone come so close to me this way before and now that I feel like I might lose him to someone just makes me terrified. What if he’s ready to move on now and leave me alone here? Then what am I to do with all these emotions by myself? I don’t know how to feel right now and I don’t have the courage to face him! Looking at him just reminds me of how he was laughing and being with Ji Min! And I thought only I could make him happy like that! I don’t know what’s happening to me Leah! I really don’t.”

 

Leah looked at Robin, who now was shutting her eyes from all the overwhelming emotions. She sunk right beside Robin and pulled her in for a hug.

 

“ Come here, you need a hug. Alright I won’t ask anymore. You can just stay here for as long as you like so please stop making me feel so guilty anymore wil you?” Leah sighed.

 

--

 

Baekhyun didn’t understand any of this. Had Robin realized that she didn’t like him? Was it that hard for her to tell him because she’s afraid that he’ll be too hurt? Was that her way of telling him? By moving her things out and not saying even a single word to him about it?

 

Even in class, during lunch break, after school and anywhere in school, Baekhyun could feel Robin’s avoidance because she would spin around and walk the other direction as soon as he tries to approach her. Calls were useless because she never picked up and he didn’t want to text her when she clearly didn’t want to be near him. Was she so disgusted by the idea of him liking her so much? He never knew how much pain he could feel by being rejected by the girl he love.

 

It’s been six days now and these thoughts kept running through his mind every single day. Ji Min was talking to him about something but he’s too distracted to even listen. Although partnering Ji Min seemed okay at first, this whole thing is slowly getting to him. Rumours were going around left and right and he didn’t like it, especially if Robin could hear about it because it wasn’t true. Another thing was how Ji Min was literally pushing herself to him and hearing her talk all the time was tiring him. He wondered for how long more he could tolerate her. Maybe, just maybe, he should tell Mrs Kim that he’ll give up on this duet and just perform alone. Even if the performance was important, the fact that he was losing his head seemed more worrying.

 

Having determined just to do that after school, Baekhyun makes it through the last lesson staring into space. When the bell rang he didn’t notice Leah sneaking up next to him.

 

“ Whoa, since when did you become a ninja?” Baekhyun was slightly shocked as Leah elbowed him.

 

“ Why did you do that to Robin?,” she breathed out. She had a look of disaapointment on her face.

 

At the word Robin, Baekhyun’s ears perked up. “ Did what-“

 

Leah grabbed Baekhyun’s right ears and twisted them with so much force that he was seized with pain and yelped right out. “ Ouch ouch ouch stop stop stop it!”, he struggled, hitting Leah’s hands away.

 

“ What is wrong with you!!?” Baekhyun cried, as Leah let go of his ears and crossed her arms.

 

She glared at him. “ Did you really spend a night at Ji Min’s dorm?”

 

A shocked expression spread across Baekhyun face.  He seemed so taken aback that he almost looked amused.

 

“ What’re you talking about?”

 

“ That’s what people’s been saying..”

 

“ Who are these people? I haven’t heard a thing!”

 

“ Just answer, did you or did you not?”

 

Baekhyun reached forward to smack Leah’s head. She yelped. “ Of course not you idiot! Don’t you know me well enough?!”

 

He sunk back into his chair. Now everything make sense..

“ Did..” he mumbled and tried to piece his thoughts together. “ Did Robin get the wrong idea?”

 

Leah sighed and nodded. “ Yes. So what exactly happened?”

 

He shrugged. “ Nothing! Why would anything happened? I’ve only been to her dorm once with Chanyeol because she needed help to tune her guitar.”

 

“ In the morning?”

 

“ Yeah. What’s wrong? Is it illegally to tune guitars in the morning?”

 

Leah shot him a piercing look. “ And where were you the night before?”

 

Baekhyun sniggered. “ are you seriously investigating what I do with my daily life right now? What are you? Student police? I slept over at chanyeol’s dorm because I was helping him with his new song.”

 

Leah rolled her eyes. “ You guys are so lame I can’t even take this.”

 

“ What the hell are you talking about?!” Baekhyun protested.

 

“ Well people are saying that you and JI min has a thing going on because someone apparently saw you coming out from ji min’s dorm and maybe someone just forgot to mention chanyeol as well so then robin hears about it and was clearly upset because you-“ leah said as she stabbed baekhyun’s chest, “this idioit didn’t go back to your dorm that night and you didn’t make it clear to her.”

 

“ what- wait wait hold on. So this is what all this is about? That’s why she’s moved out of the dorm?”

 

Leah nodded sarcastically. “ well no. she hated the shape of your bed that’s why she just decided to move out and ignore you everywhere for the past week?”

 

Baekhyun grunted. “ Oh god this is stupid. Why didn’t she ask me then!?”

 

Leah shrugged. “ I don’t know! That’s what ive been asking her!”

 

Baekhyun leapt up. “ Where is she now?”

 

Leah pushed him back down. “ Leave her alone for now. Let me do the explaning first and you guys can reconcile later! Don’t make it a mess im not a fan of dramas and love confrontations.”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “ Yeah she probably wil listen to you better than me anyway. And I’ve got to settle this whole partner thing with Mrs kim too. Ji Min wants to do it with Chanyeol because she’s been quite into him lately, well it’ll be good for me too anyway I can’t stand her any longer.”

 

Leah frowned. “ Wait what? So JI min likes chanyeol? I thought she likes you!”

 

Now Baekhyun frowned back. “ That’s absurd who did you hear that from? She’s always like chanyeol from the start. She only sticks to me to get close to chanyeol you know that right?”

 

“ Omg, can any rumours in this school be trusted at all?!” Leah gasped.

 

 ---

 

It was almost dark by the time Robin finished her singing rehearsal. She hurried back to the dorm because she knew anytime now Baekhyun would be back and she needed to be there before she shows up so that she can take her clothes without being awkward around him.

 

She wondered if he’s been taking his gastric medication on time and brushing his teeth before he sleeps when shes not there to remind him. Stepping out of the lift, she stared down at her shoes.

 

A pair of feet stopped her. Wait a minute, she thinks she recognise these shoes. She looked up.

 

It was Baekhyun.

 

She stepped to the side, hoped to walk around him, but Baekhyun mirrored her movements, effectively caused her to collide into his chest.

 

Baek’s hands lifted to her shoulders and he held her in place. It was one of those moments where her body ceased listening to her brain.

Her brain said: Step away from the crazy Baekyun.

Her body said: . . . I like Bacon.

 

Standing outside their dorm, Robin realized how much she’s missed this place, and most of all, Baekhyun. She could feel him staring at her now.

 

Robin forced herself to look up at Baekhyun for a brief moment. The moments their eyes met she instantly felt herself breaking down. Was there a way to hold back from all these feelings and pains?

 

She clears and wipes her face, trying to pull it together. “What do you want Baekhyun?”
 

Baekhyun didn’t want to embarrass her, so he pretended not to notice the tears swelling on her red eyes.

 

“Do you have something in your eye?”
, he asked.   

Robin plays along and wipes at her eyes. “Yeah, it’s an eyelash or something.”
  

“You want me to take a look? Those eyelashes can be dangerous if left untreated.” Baekhyun carefully lifted his fingers softly and wipe away the first tear that finally dropped. It was absolutely heartbreaking. He never wanted her to get hurt.

 

He’s done pretending now. Instinctly, he pulled Robin in against his chest. Robin lets him as she finally poured out her pains into his arms.

 

“ I know, I know— I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” 

 

Without any words, Robin stood there as she let him hug her. She was sobbing uncontrollably into his arms now and finally she felt like everything was going to be okay. How silly of her and how stupid she has been, she should have never run to anywhere else but into his arms. Baekhyun rested his head on Robin’s head as his hand held her tight. He’ll never let her go again.

 

--

Hi Guys! as this fanfic is ending i'm preparing to publish a new spin-off story featuring D.O & Leah ^^ it's called you've got me bad and i hope you guys can subscribe here and give it a shot :)  Really excited about this new fanfic cos D.O is my bad boy and i just cannot wait for you guys to meet him and Leah, they are just so y together! And of course Baekhyun and Robin will appear in the fanfic for quite a bit too and play their cupid role for the new couple :) i've polished my writing and storyline for this new fanfic so i really hope you guys will enjoy it :) all feedbacks are most welcome! 

im really thankful for your support thus far and every single comments which made me day :) truly from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much!