Chapter 14

I'm gonna get you good

“ It’s not the first time we’re sleeping in the same room you know”, Baekhyun said, looking over at Robin from the other corner of the restaurant. There were about 5meters apart and he didn’t really understand the irrational distance she’s put in between them.

 

Robin squeezed her eyes shut, as she hugged her shivering cold body tight on the hard ground. She had quickly ran to this corner to sleep alone as soon as they realized there were only one blanket and a pillow. “Yeah but we’ve never slept beside each other before so..”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “ And don’t you know that you can’t get pregnant without an . I’m not going to you so sharing this blanket and pillow will not make you pregnant I promise you that.” Seeing that Robin was still insistent on sleeping on the cold hard floor by another corner, he knew his persuation wasn’t working out well. “and technically we have slept beside each other.. with a few meters in between us. And the distance has just shrunk a little. Come on Robin.”

 

She shook her head insistently.

 

“ Okay fine then you sleep in here with the blanket I’ll sleep in that corner”, Baekhyun offered again. The cold air was seeping in and it was getting colder and colder. If anyone had to sleep without the warm blankets, he’d rather it be him than Robin.

 

“ No! I don’t wanna be cruel to you”, Robin pouted.

 

“ So you want me to be the cruel person instead? Oh come on I can’t live like that, get here will you?” Baekhyun begged. How hard was it to offer someone warm blanket in the midst of a snow storm?  “ scientifically its warmer when two bodies share heat. I’m not being a ert but im just saying its getting colder and we have to survive.”

 

“ but I might be emotionally scarred.” Robin answered, voice quivering.

 

Baekhyun scoffed from where he laid. “ of sleeping next to me? You know that’s actually a life long goal for some girls right?”

 

Robin laughed. “ I’m being serious here!”

 

“ so am I!” Baekhyun replied. Then getting worried that Robin might freeze soon, he clumsily got up in the dark, d his way to where Robin was. Upon hearing approaching noises, Robin craned her neck up to see Baekhyun who in a matter of seconds, dragged her by her elbow as she slidded across the room. He snugged a pillow under her head and threw a thick, warm and comfy blanket over her. Instaneously the effects took place. It was awesome, snuggly and warm. Robin then finally realized being stubborn now was stupid. It’s a matter of freezing to dealth here and she shouldn’t be so childish.

 

Betraying his words, Baekhyun grabbed the tail of the blanket as he glided next to Robin, sharing the pillow and blanket as well.

 

Robin laughed. “ Hey! Hey! Your head is big! I’m falling off the pillow!”

 

Baekhyun grinned in the dark, shutting his eyes. “That’s too bad, I have a big brain so I need a big skull to house it.”

 

Although Robin had thought the agreement was to switch places, chasing Baekhyun away was inhuman considering how cold it was getting and how warm this blanket was. Surely she couldn’t be so cruel to let her selfish fears kill a friend. So with some mental struggle, she decided to let it go and attempted to sleep. Baekhyun had become quiet for the next few minutes, perhaps he was already asleep. After all, it has been a long day. Just two days ago Mrs.Kim had said that she needed to get out there to experience life, go on an adventure. Well how’s that for an adventure? Train breaking down in the middle of who knows where, trudging in a snow storm and falling face flat. Stuck in a restaurant and spending a night beside Baekhyun sharing the same blanket. The future seems insecure, yet this uncertainty was exciting at the same time. There was no telling what it’d be like tomorrow. Would the storm be gone? Would it get worse? Would they be able to get back to the train on time before it leaves?

 

With too many thoughts and worries, Robin slowly felt the tiredness in her body rising. And as her breathing settled in a peaceful rhythm, she felt herself slowing drifting off to sleep.

 

--

 

Robin was woken up by a tugging on where she was resting her head on which she now realized- Baekhyun’s chest.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “We better hurry if we wanna catch the train,” his voice was hoarse, just like every other morning. But this time it sounded a little nervous.

 

Robin quickly sprung up to a sitting position and smoothed her hair in a bid to washed away the awkwardness of their former sleeping position. Had she been sleeping on his chest the whole night? How long was he awake for? How could she slept so intimately with a guy for the first time in her life and it had to be.. baekhyun. Robin’s heart raced. She groaned silently and shut her eyes.

 

It was about 7a.m when they had packed up and left the restaurant after thanking the grandmother, who seemed less moody in the morning. Surprising the weather took a turn for the better, with only light snow falling. The ground was a little slippery with piles of snow melting but the walk back was significantly easier and faster as compared to last night. The walk back was filled with silent awkwardness until Baekhyun broke the tension by stating that baterias were probably breeding in the mouth right now since they haven’t brushed their teeth since yesterday morning. This lightened the mood and soon Robin found herself laughing the whole way back to the train.

 

By the time they slowly crept back into the train, almost everyone was still asleep. They had to carefully tiptoped around, avoiding on stepping on the mess on the floor and making any noise. Trays, bags, food, bottles and sheets of paper were strewn everywhere on the train floors which gave the train an honestly pretty bad state. Robin slowly slid the door of the cabin open, careful not to wake D.O or Luhan up but as soon as she made the mistake of closing it too loudly Luhan shrugged awake.

 

“ Uh hi.” Robin muttered quickly, as Luhan looked at her in his groggy state from where he sat. His hair was all messed up, his face was a little puffed up as he rubbed his eyes. With his eyes barely opened, he grinned at Robin. And goodness, he was absolutely adorable. On the other hand, D.O seemed completely uninterrupted in his sleep and remained lying on Luhan’s lap.

 

Robin had been so fazed by Luhan’s mesmerizing morning cuteness that she forgot to move into her seat and she was only aware of this when Baekhyun accidentally  or intentionally) pushed her from the back with his elbow, making her stumble a little. She turned back and glared at him, Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders and didn’t look back at her. Must he barged in and destroy every happiness she had with Luhan?!

 

Luhan cleared his throat, “ Where have you guys been the whole night? I’ve been worried”.

 

Reflecting on the complexity and awkwardness of their sleepover together that might sound wrong, Robin hesitated what to say. In fact if given a choice, she didn’t want to to speak at all. It was too much to explain and it didn’t matter anyway because it’s not like something big happened that changes anything.. Just except that she saw a manlier side of Baekhyun throughout this whole snow storm ordeal. And maybe also that he’s a really caring and nice person. 

Before Robin could even open , Baekhyun beat her to it.

 

“Nowhere. We came back and crashed at someone’s cabin somewhere. We couldn’t find our way back in the dark,” Baekhyun said and yawned.

 

Robin squinted her eyes at him. What the hell was he talking about and what is going on? She didn’t understand why he was lying about this.. Now they had an exclusive secret between them to be kept. Baekhyun seemed unaffected by her scrutiny and was ruffling through his back and finally pulled out his toothbrush.

 

“ Anyone feel like brushing teeth?” , he asked and grinned.

 

By the time they all freshend up, it was almost 9.am when the train eventually started moving. Unfortunately the field trip was cancelled because the Busan train station had closed due to the bad snow storm and the students were informed to expect a bumpy ride back to Seoul where the weather will be significantly warmer.

 

The effect of those warnings didn’t manifest itself until about half an hour later, when everyone resorted to studying and Robin got pretty sick of it. She looked out of the window, staring at the thick snow covering the grounds, wondering when they’ll get to the next city where lesser snow and more spring flowers could be seen. She wondered how pretty Seoul would look now as spring draws near. She noticed that they were approaching a tunnel soon and Robin turned her shoulders back to her seat and found herself staring at Luhan reading. She noticed how pretty he looked, his eyelashes were so long.. gosh. His lips- everything went dark. They were in the tunnel. Immediately, she could hear Baekhyun’s amusing whining which earned a few laughter.

 

Then without any warning, the train was thrown in a violent sharp, jerky bumps, throwing Robin out of her seat once again. This time, as she sprang involuntarily forward she knocked against Baekhyun’s head so hard that she saw stars. A sharp pain ensues as they both cried out in pain and covered their head. There was a indescribable throbbing pains in both their heads they made them feel dizzy. Eventually the train stabilized in two minutes as warm lights shone into the cabin upon their exit from the tunnel.

 

“ Are you guys alright?” Luhan and D.O asked, as both baekhyun and robin slowly release their hands from their heads. The pain subsided but the effects were strange. She felt giddy all over. Could a knock be that painful?

 

“ Yeah what the hell. Where are we?! We better be reaching Seoul soon..” Baekhyun grunted as he looked out of the window, Robin followed suit. There was a huge sign nearby that probably would show the name of the city they were approaching.

 

As the train approaches the sign, all four of them squinted their eyes to read where they were.

 

Baekhyun rubbed his eyes. Then he rubbed again, as if in disbelief. He was speechless. “ What.. “ then this time he rubbed his face with both his palms roughly, he glared at the signboard again but only become more frustrated.

 

“ What’s wrong?” D.O turned to ask Baekhyun.

 

“ I.. I can’t read what the board says..” he stammered. He saw the words but it was.. foreign to him. He couldn’t process it.

 

Robin chuckled. “ What’re you talking about? There it’s so big it says that we’re in Suwon provin-“

 

Then she remembered. Wait. How did she read that? It was in hangul.. !

 

Then at once both Baekhyeon and Robin turned their heads to each other.

“ No.. No.. No way..” Robin shook her head violently in disbelief. Baekhyun gulped. And nodded.

 

Then he managed to say weakly, “ I am in deep .”