Chapter 19

I'm gonna get you good

“ Your mashmallows are totally melting away right now, you better take them up!” Robin exclaimed as Baekhyun was clumisly roasting a few sticks of his self-proclaimed “heavenly mashmallows”.

 

But instead of taking them up, Baekhyun turned them over slowly and carefully. He chuckled at Robin who was over-reacting to even the smallest things. He looked up at her, and smiled. “ Some people are worth melting for,”

 

This prompted Robin to laugh. “ I’m pretty sure you stole that line from Frozen,”

 

“ Guilty as charged,” he bit his lips and conjured a cute apologetic face. Robin’s heart skipped a beat. Why was he especially irrisistable tonight? Baekhyun took his warm mashmellows up, and moved his hands towards her, then she began to realize he was trying to feed her.

 

Robin jerked back a little in surprise. “ What?”

 

Baekhyun smiled, urging her to bite the mashmallows from the stick he was holding. “Try them, I think it’s pretty good,” He offered.

 

“ Are you sure?” Robin answered, pretending to consider whether to eat them.

 

“ Sure they are!” Baekhyun insisted, and ate one mashmallow from his stick. Then he offered them to her again. “ Open your mouth! Try it come on Robin, Ahhhh” he opened his mouth, coaxing her to eat it like a baby.

 

Laughing, Robin gave in and took a bite. He did not lie. The warm mashmallows were really soft, sweet and yummy. Chewing, she turned to him and gave an approving nod. Baekhyun reached to her face, and used him thumb to clean a corner of her lips. “ Silly, you’ve got it all over your mouth,”, he said.

 

Robin’s heart pounded hard and fast in that second his thump touched brushed against her lips. She felt like she might burst inside. He’s clearly flirting with her out in the open! With everyone all around! .. And Robin found that she didn’t mind. Infact, she felt herself blushing. And no, Robin, no. You did not just giggle and smile shyly.

 

They spent the next few minutes barbecuing more mashmallows, enjoying the moment before Leah jumped on them from behind.

 

As usual, Robin jerked in surprise, and spun around to see Leah beaming.

“ What-cha doinggg~” she sang and wiggled a teasing eyebrow at Robin. Robin nudged her stomach with her elbow. This prompted Leah to groan dramatically in protest and took her hands off both their shoulders.

 

“ Well I hate to break you guys up but you’ve been hogging the bbq pit for too long and I’m starving. Come on you guys have had enough, I can see it from your bulging bellies so stop eating and let me barbeque some food now,” she said, as her hands were busy taking meat out from wrapped plastic boxes.

 

Nodding along, Baekhyun seemed more than happy. “ Yeah I’m getting tired anyways. Try not to burn anything. We’ll save a seat for you,” he said to Leah. He turned around to leave with Robin, and spotted D.O walking towards the pit which made him smirked.

 

“ Hey D.O, why don’t you take over my place? You’re good with these stuff aren’t you? Here take this,” he forced the barbeque tongs into D.O’s hands. “ Have fun with Leah,” he slapped D.O’s back harshly which prompted D.O to growled at him. Baekhyun laughed and dodged from D.O’s retaliation.

 

Looking up, Leah caught sight of the person standing next to her now, D.O. She immediately turned to both Baekhyun and Robin and signaled a sign that can only be interpreted as, “ You’re gonna die.” Then they heard her protested back at them, “ Don’t leave me here with a moody robot! I insist you take him back to the factory, he’s dangerous he might gobble me up!”. This managed to earn her a nasty glare from D.O and a few seconds later they could hear them bickering.

 

They both laughed and began walking towards the campfire. “You think they’ll ever quit arguing with each other?” Robin chuckled. Baekhyun shrugged and laughed, “ Probably not, they’ve been at it since middle school. It’s become a bad habit.”

 

“ That’s too bad because I think they look so cute together you know,” Robin pointed out.

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “Don’t let Leah hear you saying that, she’ll knock you unconscious.”

 

Robin laughed, “ I know right.”

 

“Baekhyun!,” a voice called out from behind, they both turned around to look and saw that it was Chen.

 

“ What do you want?” Baekhyun shot back.

 

Chen pretended to flair up and shouted back, “ Just get your over here before I grill you on this bbq pit!”

 

Robin chuckled, and nudged Baekhyun by the elbow. “ Just go, I’ll be fine,” she assured him.

 

“ Are you sure you’re not going to destroy anything while I’m not here?”, he questioned her playfully. Robin’s eyes widened.

 

“ No! of course not! What, do you think I’m four? I can handle myself!,” Robin said, chasing Baekhyun off.

 

After Baekhyun left, Robin wandered off slowly by herself to the campfire area where the main crowd was at. The night was getting more chilly and the warmth from the campfire was really comforting. It was really lively with loud chatter, laughter, clapping and singings. She guessed this was what high school was all about, fun and friends. She found herself liking this atmosphere more than she thought she would. At the center of the crowd’s attention was Chanyeol who was playing his guitar as people sang along. Left and right girls were swooning all around him as some of the A boys sat nearby too. Robin took a look around and found a nice cozy spot where she could sit peacefully by herself.

 

She quietly settled down, careful not to sit on the sand directly where pinching crabs could sneak up on her. This was very important to her especially since it was really dark and she could be easily attacked without knowing. There were mats nearby and Robin struggled to lay them properly on the sand.

 

“ Need a hand?”

 

Robin looked up. Oh god. It was the dazzling Luhan. He looked even more handsome now, with the warm light from the campfire shining on his face. His hair was messy and unstyled. It gave him a very casual boyish look. He smiled at her.

What does he want now?

 

“ Um I’m okay actually, thanks..” she replied, and quickly sat down.

 

But instead of moving off, Luhan appeared to be bending down. Robin looked up at him.

 

“ Can I sit here?” he asked, although he was already doing it.

 

“ Yeah sure..” Robin trailed off.

 

As Luhan sat next to her, she felt her body stiffened. Firstly because he seemed to be sitting really close to her, and she’s sure it’s not her own imagination. It was way too close for comfort. She wriggled in her own position, trying to move a little further. She don’t understand what he’s doing. This is a lot more awkward that she had anticipated.

 

“ Is this your first campfire party?” He asked, looking at Robin.

 

“ Yeah.. is it that obvious?” she asked back nervously.

 

Luhan laughed. “Yeah.. you seem kinda nervous.”

 

Robin laughed weakly. Well that’s not really the reason why she’s being nervous.

 

“ So.. where are the rest of your friends?” Robin asked carefully.

 

“ Oh.. they’re somewhere.. D.O went off to barbeque some meat and Xiumin is helping Suho barbequing too. So I guess it’s just me left alone,”

 

Robin nodded. “ I see..”

 

Luhan cleared his throat. “ Actually I’ve been waiting for the mid terms to be over,”

 

Robin shifted uncomfortably. She had a bad feeling about where this was going. “ Yeah me too..” she replied softly.

 

Luhan chuckled. “ Because before this, I couldn’t let myself be distracted with anything that might affected my studies and my results. But now that the tests are all done, you know I feel like I can finally pursue what I’ve wanted but couldn’t before.”

 

It can’t be that he’s talking about… her?

 

Robin turned to looked at Luhan, and was shocked to find that he was staring intently at her. His eyes had a distinct determination in them. It was he was affirming everything she was thinking about right now.

 

“ Oh you’re here.”

 

Robin and Luhan looked up. It was Baekhyun. He had a plate of barbequed meat in his hands. Quickly, he took a sit beside Robin and she noted that he too, sat closer to her than usual.

 

“ You wanna try this?” Baekhyun said, offering the plate to Luhan. Luhan nodded with a friendly smile, and took the plate from him.

 

“ Have some too,” Luhan turned to ask Robin. But before she could open to reply, she heard Baekhyun cut in.

 

“She’s not a fan of beef. The smell is too strong for her,”

 

Robin could almost swear there was a hint of possessiveness in Baekhyun’s voice. Thankfully this conversation was cut short by the sound of Suho’s voice. He stood in the center of the circle, and clapped his hands to get the attention of everyone. With some effort, he finally succeeded.

 

“ Glad that you all are enjoying yourselves. Perhaps we can kick off the night with some fun? How about a game or truth or dare?”, Suho suggested, and was met with cheers from the crowd.

 

“ Alright! It is on!” He said, beaming with happiness. Within seconds, Lay ran up next to him, offering an empty glass bottle to spin.

 

The first victim was Sehun, who seemed reluctant to do anything but eventually chose Dare after being pestered by Tao and the crowd. There were some pretty mean dares but everyone agreed on making him yodel loudly

 

Next was Kai who also chose dare in an instant. He was a little embarrassed at first but ended up twerking to Chanyeol’s beatboxing and drew hilarious responses.

 

 Another few rounds went by with mostly the A boys doing dares like Lay rubbing his nose with Suho was 2 solid minutes and Xiumin eating half a bottle of ketchup in one shot.

 

Everything had been funny and crazy so far until the bottle stopped at Luhan. Rather than choosing a dare, he surprised everyone by choosing truth. This created a spur of giggles from the girls everywhere with everyone shouting their questions. Finally, Suho calmed everyone down and shortlisted a few questions for Luhan to answer.

 

Robin felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest when Luhan finally chose the question she dreaded the most. It was whether he likes any girl right now? And who that girl was.

 

Looking down towards the feet, Robin shut her eyes. The crowd was going wild as Luhan gave a shy smile.

 

“ I do have someone in mind.”, he spoke calmly. There was a fit of screams and giggling that followed. “ I never had the chance to confess to her because I wanted to do it after the midterms when studies wouldn’t be a concern anymore. Well I guess I’ll do it now.”

 

Then without looking up, Robin could suddenly feel hundreds of eyeballs staring at her, like literally. Shocked, she was thrown into a fit of panic as she looked up. Following the gaze of everyone, she turned to Luhan who was looking at her now.