Chapter 8

Magic of Love

It was a fine morning at the Hwang residence. Fresh air was breezing the garden, with birds and butterflies flying around it. Red roses were being delivered from the garden to the living room by the maids and the butlers that take good care of the mansion. Everyone seems busy as it is.

"Morning dad!" Tiffany greeted her dad followed by a peck on his cheeks when she walked in the dining room from her room. 

"Hey sweetie!" her dad greeted her back before taking a sip from his cup of coffee and after he kissed his lovely daughter. He was reading the daily news paper and you could see in him that he's not happy about the latest gossips especially from the sports page. His favorite soccer team lost their game towards it's opponent. "England lost again, I can't believe it, Spain has won 3 times in a row." He said flipping the newspaper.

"Don't worry dad, I'm sure they'll win next time." Tiffany cheered up her dad through a few tap on his shoulders. Suddenly, Tiffany thought of something. "Hm Dad, does Godfather Sooman still accept scholars in his school?" she said as she took her seat.

"Of course, why?" her dad replied, returning to his newspaper, but this time at the business page.

"Uhm, I have a friend, I'm afraid she can't afford to study in a good school and so I wanted to help her." She said with full of concern. It's the typical Tiffany pursuation. Mr. Hwang looked at his princess and felt really proud of her, for her kind heart was as pure as water.

"Okay," his smile reached from ear to ear, "I'm gonna talk to him and tell him to reserve slot for her." He said as he wiped his mouth with the table napkin. Tiffany smiled as bright as the sun and hugged her father in excitement and gratitude.

Until a minute later, something snapped her back to herself. "Oh! Yes! My date with Donghae, wait, did I just say DATE?!" she shook her head and smirked at herself. She did not just call it a date, she thought. 

 

 

The lady genie stirred her spoon in her glass of orange juice while sighing many times, she was in her house all day with nothing to do but to stare at the air and be stoned in her place on the couch. For the thousandth time, she released out an air. "Arghh! Soooo bored." Finally, she rested her her chin on the table.

Suddenly, while she was busy whining and sobbing falsely about her boredom, she heard an opening door sound. The creaky sound made her look behind her and saw it was her master, Kibum. He was wearing his usual clothing, like his uniform and his popular geek glasses.

"Why are you entering someone else's house without permission!" she told him with her chin stuck on the table. She did not even mind lifting her head to welcome him herself, but instead, she let him to move around freely. 

Kibum on the other hand, did not mind and continued to walk towards the refrigerator. He knew that his genie would love to make him comfortable so he satisfied her with it. He searched for a drink and succesfully grabbed one. The geek guy opened a can of soda and remembered that Yoona's refrigerator was empty the last time he checked it. So, he sat beside Yoona, whose face was kissing the table, and confronted her about it.

"When did your fridge become full?" he asked after the bubbles from the soda subsided to the liquid surface.

"Tiffany-sshi treated me to a grocery." Yoona replied though, and since her face was down her voice sounded all babble-y. But Kibum's smart enough to understand it. "Really? Did she say something to you?" He reacted the way he always does when it comes to Tiffany, in a hidden panicking way.

"No, she just asked me things and I just answered her I'm poor and I can't afford what she can." Finally, Yooona lifted her head and casually replied to her master. 

Kibum, who suddenly felt proud about it, messed her hair and complimented her for being smart. Although he did not stay for too long and immediately left, and told Yoona that he'll go to school and will come back after. When he disappeared, Yoona's bulb lighted! She out of the blue become in the mood to cook something for dinner.

 

 

At school, outside the class of Tiffany, Donghae was waited patiently for the girl of his dreams. It might sound exaggerated, but Donghae's been waiting for this day for a very long time already. He even told himself, that he'll wait until their next lives but it's just his overstatement.

Passing by, he saw Kibum but ignored his presence 'cause all he thinks about now is to get into Tiffany. But it was in his full surprise when Tiffany suddenly popped out of the door, marching towards Kibum. She even called him but Donghae just held her by the shoulders. Tiffany felt his hand then stopped to face him, shocked.

"Hi Tiff~!" he said brightly with a cutesy way of waving his hands.

"Uhmm," she waved swiftly to Donghae then returned to Kibum and smiled, "Oppa! Can we move the day of our date?" she was secretly winking at Kibum, hoping that he would get what she meant to say. But in an unexpected turn of events, Kibum miscomprehended it. "Uh, sure, w-why? Do you have an appointment that day?" he asked with a few blinks. 

"Yes nerd, we have A DATE!" Donghae slung his arm around Tiffany and boasted to the other guy about it. And the lady, who's facing her palm in her mind, just couldn't believe about the happenings.

Nevertheless, it was not only Tiffany who's shocked about it all. Even Kibum, who burst out laughing, found it marvelous to see them together. The guy just recovered when he saw the other two staring at him like he's some kind of a crazy person. He even covered his mouth to stop himself from giggling.

"Okay!" he gulped big, taking in all of his laughter with it and said, "I understand. Uhmm, enjoy." 

Kibum just showed them a sincere smile, displaying a heartfelt approval of their so called 'date.' After that, he left fast.

When they knew that he's already far from them, Tiffany slowly removed Donghae's arm down and followed her best friend's tracks. But the great bully would not allow himself to fail and followed her, then asked what's wrong. Only Tiffany, just shut on it.

"I-" Donghae started to feel nervous about what to say. It's the first time he felt stuttered, "-I will not bully him anymore, for you?!" he was not sure if he could do that, but with Tiffany as the prize, he could endure to not bully her best friend. Tiffany looked at him with an angelic smiled painted on her face. Donghae's world spun before him, he couldn't believe it, his long time crush just smiled at him.

"Oppa!" Tiffany exclaimed, when she saw the guy beside him staring at her like insane. "Uh? Huh?!" he stammered again 'cause for the first time, he heard her call him 'oppa.'

"I said thanks, for doing this for me, for not bullying Kibum anymore." Tiffany said but Donghae was totally eaten by his too good to be true thoughts about everything. 

"Yah!" Tiffany hit him by his arm, physically too weak but it hit Donghae roughly that he was awakened from his daydream. "D-Did y-you just call me oppa?!" he said, fluttering his eyes fastly cute.

"Why, can't I?" Tiffany replied with her arms crossed then left to move on towards her best friend who's still in sight.

 

 

Yoona glanced at the wall clock by the kitchen door and saw the minute hand hit 45. "Oh, it's already 6:45." She told herself as she rushed her cooking session before her guest would arrive. Cutting here, cutting there, mixing here, then mixing there. Yoona was humming while the food she was cooking sizzles. She tasted it and adjusted the seasoning of it, have it well presented and delicious looking. Then after that, she waited for Kibum outside.

10 Minutes had already passed, but her master's still unseen from the street. She tried everything while waiting; she sat, stood up, walked back and forth, sat again, then stood up again. Still, no sign of Kibum. And so, the lady genie decided to send him a message with the phone Kibum gave her in case of emergencies.

Oppa, come home early I have a surprise for you!
--Yoona

She waited for more after sending that message and stood there, leaning against the brick wall for half an hour. Until later on, she heard a familiar voice call out for her. Immediately, she lifted up her head and smiled at to whom the voice was coming. Kibum. 

"Oppa!" she waved her hands at him happily. But her expression, like it was hit by a train, changed into something more, disappointed. It was because, with Kibum was Tiffany from behind. 

"Did you wait long?" Kibum asked her with a smile on his face. And because Yoona didn't want her master to get worried, she lied. "Uhmm, not really. I just finished cooking." She said, thinking of heating everything she had cooked through her simple magic. It would not change the taste anyway, she thought.

While the two were busy greeting each other, Tiffany beside Kibum noticed his huge smile as he talks to the beautiful lady in front of him. Unlike how silent he acted when they were walking together alone.

"Hm, I've prepared dinner." Yoona shyly retorted while fixing the ends of her hair with her fingers. When she noticed that they're just standing outside, she felt bad. "Oh, come in." She invited her guests over, inside her house, led them to the dining room, and prepared another plate for Tiffany. Hence Yoona, before her master and his friend could totally notice the food, waved her finger towards it and heated it back to how it was after she cooked it. 

Finally, the three of them arrived at the dining room. Tiffany silently sniffed in the delicious scent of the foods and suddenly felt excited about it, asking, "You cooked this all?" Yoona just nodded at her pretty guest and shyly agreed.

"Ohh! So cool to have a girlfriend like you." Tiffany grinned sheepishly at Kibum before tapping his shoulders a few times to mock him. But the guy just shook his head as a reply.

They did not wait for the food to be cold, once again, and started to feed themselves with the scrumptious dinner the genie prepared for them. And in order to complete the happy dinner, Tiffany decided to bring out her surprise. She fished out a manila envelope from her school bag and placed it in the middle of the table, near Yoona, and patted it a few times. The other two wondered.

"What's this?" Kibum stretched out his arms towards the envelope and was the one to open it. 

"I wanted Yoona to study, so I had her a scholarship from my Godfather's school. It's just near ours so I'm sure you can walk together." Tiffany happily reported before spooning another of the soup.

Yoona's eyes widened up upon hearing the news, and because of too much interest, she grabbed the piece of paper from Kibum's hands and scanned it herself. Unbelieving with everything.