Chapter 13

Magic of Love

After receiving the result, Kibum stomped away with a smile on his face. He left his genie inside, as she remained excited of her result. The young man could even hear her yell and shout from inside. "AHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" Kibum just waved her goodbye as he walks out of the house.

And as soon as the morning arrived the next day, Yoona woke up with a school-is-here expression. When she realized that it's her first day, she rapidly hurried to the bathroom, not even minding the freezing water. "Ahhhh, so cold," she laughed to herself.

After washing herself, the lady genie immediately wore her uniform--which she ironed last night--before tying around her neck the preferred ribbon. After that, Yoona got her phone and the first thing she did was to send a message to Sungmin and Sunny. She learned how to send a text after a week of adjusting  with her phone.

 

"Yahh dongsaengs wake up now I have news for you see me in school"

--Yoona

 

Sunny: "Ahhh unnie why so early? Ahhh! *^*" 

Yoona was expecting some warm welcomes from the two even just from their texts, but in contrary, she received no happy greetings but complaints, complaints and more complaints from them. 

Sungmin: "Noona? It's still 6 in the morning? >_<"

However, it still made her smile when she read the replies from the two.  Suddenly, an idea popped out into her mind. Should she send Kibum a message too? At first she was having doubts about it. She even threw her phone on her bed as if it burned her hands, but ended up grabbing it up again and texting him.

 

"Oppa, you awake? I just want to say thanks again for helping me, decide your wish now maybe you'll forget about it!" 

--Yoona

 

Kibum was already awake when he received the message. "2nd wish huh? I wonder what would be my 2nd wish." He thought to himself while staring at his ceiling. He was still not up, and just woke up from a comfortable sleep.

 

 

Donghae, Kibum, Tiffany and Yoona have their own ways of preparing for school. Just like the typical, Donghae likes waxing his hair and sprinkling some strong perfume on his own body. While Kibum, on the oppposite, likes combing his hair well and has his necktie tied properly.  The girls though, are more meticulous when it comes to hair, Tiffany prefers to braid her hair, while Yoona ponytailed hers. 

When Tiffany received a 'Good Morning' message from Donghae, her smile stretched out from one ear to another that early morning. 

On the other hand, Yoona arrived early at school and welcomed her two new friends. "Sungmin-ah! Sunny-ah!" the lady-genie waved at Sunny and Sungmin, who were walking like zombies.

"Unnie, why so early in the morning?" Sunny groaned as she leans her head on Sungmin's shoulder. The guy just rested his head on top of hers in return.

Yoona felt very much enlightened when she how sweet the two were, making her wish to find a guy like Sungmin too. Eventually, she tilted her head at them and showed a gloomy face. At first, the couple thought that she must not have passed the test. Until she smiled all of a sudden. 

"I passed the test look!" she surprised them through showing theo two her registration card that she got the first thing.

"Congratulations unnie!" Sunny awoke when Yoona started squealing. She's happy that their new friend passed the test. "I told you noona you can do it!" Sungmin added.

"Thanks to Kibum oppa, without his help I won't be able to passed it!" Yoona proudly answered them with her head down. Then she started interlacing her fingers with each other. Because of this, Sunny and Sungmin exchanged glances with one another.

"Unnie, why don't you just tell him the truth?" Sunny pouted cutely. She still just doesn't get why Yoona's so afraid of telling Kibum how she really feels. She's very pretty and very smart, Sunny thought. Who wouldn't like an almost perfect girl like her?

"What tru...That?! Impossible!" the lady genie shook her head almost violently before fixing her hair with her bare hands. 

"What if Sunny's right?" Sungmin turned to agree with Sunny though 'cause he knew that it could be a great opportunity for her. 

But instead of joining them two to their Project: Confession, Yoona has already pulled them by their arms inside the school. "C'mon guys just show me around here." 

If Kibum is the King of 'Changing Topics,' Yoona has become his Queen. Maybe because it's been a while since they first stayed with each other. 

In the end, the couple was forced to show her around. They introduced to her every building and every classroom, accompanied her to her assigned classrooms and told her some facts about the school.

"Unnie, good luck, enjoy your first day here! We'll meet you at the cafeteria!" Sunny exclaimed happily with a small wave. 

"Okay, thanks!" Yoona replied with a smile.

Finally, she arrived. It is only natural for her to feel nervous, and so, she took a deep breathe first before entering the room. When she knew she was ready, she walked in her room and gladly handed the teacher her registration card. The students were really amazed, the boys fancied her beauty and the girls were suddenly jealous of her.

"Please grab a sit Ms. Im. Why don't you sit beside uhmm...Yuri-sshi?" Yoona followed the path where her teacher was pointing at and saw a girl fixing her hair by the very back seat. 

The teacher resumed her lessons as Yoona walks beside the girl who kept on staring at her own reflection at the mirror. She tried to greet her but she was taken aback 'cause the girl didn't look like friendly enough for her. But at least, she tried. "Hi! I'm Im Yoona," she waved at her.

"And so?" the girl coldly responded at her. She didn't even turn to face her. 

As expected, she was rejected.

Yoona became unhappy after that, thinking that she must have bothered her seat mate when she chose to sit there. Until out of the blue, she heard her giggle. "I'm joking duh? I'm Yuri, Kwon Yuri. The most prettiest and iest girl in school!" she said with a grin.

"You already got the 'most', yet your adjectives are still all superlatives." Yoona talked with a soft voice.

"But the boys seems to like you." Yuri smirked to differ. Obviously, she didn't hear what Yoona had said. Which is in fact, a good thing for Yoona.

"Ohh I don't want to mind them," the other shook her head slightly. 

"Why? Do you have a  boyfriend?" Yuri asked curiously, and then she leaned closer to her seatmate and fluttered her eyes like she really wanted to know.

"Uhh no, I don't think Kibum oppa would treat me like that." Yoona sounded really disappointed just from the though, and Yuri felt her down fall. And so, she tried to enlighten her. 

"Kibum? Is that his name?" she giggled again. Unfortunately, the teacher heard her. "Yuri-sshi what are you doing? Are you bothering the new student again?" the teacher yelled.

"Of course not teacher! I am just greeting and welcoming her, right?" Yuri explained and winked at Yoona.

 

 

Like always, the students run wild as soon as they heard the beautiful sound of the dismissal bell. Kibum was walking alone while Tiffany and Donghae joined together, approaching him in a while. 

"Oppa!" Tiffany shouted at the nerdy guy even with Donghae beside her. Good thing, the other guy has move on a bit about his issues with Kibum. "Yah Kibum ahh--" he followed behind, calling him casually already.

"You're gonna fetch Yoona? I heard she passed the test." Tiffany spoke towards Kibum with a smile.

"Yeah! She really worked hard for it so she's worth it." Kibum smirked in return, showing his cheeky side.

"You know Kibum, why don't we go fetch your girlfriend? Congratulate her for her first day, I heard it's her first time going to school, she ain't studying before? Poor girl--" even before Donghae could finish his sentence, Tiffany has slapped his shoulder to make him stop.

She looked at him with narrowed eyes, warning him about his plans in babbling more. "Ohh mianhae!" Donghae patted his lips with his fingers afterwards.

"Kibum oppa, why don't we do that? Donghae oppa's idea is great." Tiffany said however. Suddenly, Kibum liked the idea.

"Gwenchana (It's okay), I'm gonna do it, just go home okay? Donghae hyung take care of Tiffany." Kibum joined along the casual conversation with Donghae when he thought about it. 

"Of course!" Donghae said before watching Kibum walk away from them, leaving the two love birds quarrel silently behind him. Tiffany started hitting Donghae's arm because of what he had said about Yoona and her pitiful story.

 

 

"Yah! Is your boyfriend gonna fetch you today?" Yuri asked Yoona while chewing on her favorite strawberry flavored bubblegum and while strolling towards the school front gate to go home.

"Molla! (Don't know!)" Yoona shook her head as an answer to her curious question.

Sunny from a distance, saw Yoona with Yuri that made her march towards them feeling uncomfortable seeing her new best friend with the school narcisstic Queen Bee.

"Yah, Kwon Yuri, why are you here? Are you bothering Yoona?!" she asked Yuri first and then Yoona, "Is she bothering you?" Sunny was very bold and fearless, they could tell. 

"Yuck, you know her? Duh? You are friends with a nerd?" Yuri looked at Yoona with disgust, as if it's the worst thing she had heard her entire life. 

"Yah, how many times do I have to tell you I'm not a nerd, in fact I won the Ms. Sophomore contest instead of you. You're just bitter!" The shorter lady proudly lifted up her chin to meet up Yuri's eyes.

"Hmph!" Yuri stuck her tongue out in return, and then spun on her heels to take her leave, purposely hitting Sunny with the ends of her hair.

"Sorry about that, she just can't accept the fact that I won the contest instead of her." Sunny said.

"Chincha? (Really?)" Yoona said as they walk together.

They continued to walk side by side until Sungmin called unto them, they looked at his direction and saw Kibum with him.

"Noona, hyung is here!" he said.

"Oppa!" Yoona smiled.

"Noona, your boyfriend is so cool!" Sungmin whispered.

Sunny and Sungmin giggled as they leave, while Yoona was really embarassed with the way the two treated Kibum.

"They're so cuutteee" Sunny whispered to Sungmin.

"Sunny-ah!" Yoona yelled.

"Your friends?" asked Kibum.

"Yes, I'm sorry about them" apologized the genie.

"It's okay, they look---fine." Kibum smiled.

 

~~~

 

3 weeks later, Yoona was ironing her uniform and preparing her things when she received a message.

"Yoona, wait for me my mom wants me to go with Tiffany"

--Kibum

Yoona flashed her white teeth after reading the message, she's so happy that they've been walking home together since her first day. But she still doesn't know if Kibum likes her already, or he's just being kind. 

After classed, Yoona waits for Kibum so they could walk home together. When they arrived, Kibum would stay in her house to watch television and to study with her.

Once, he told Yoona about the books she borrowed.

"Oh yeah, Yoona where are my books?" he asked.

"Oh that, its in my closet." Yoona said while reading her homework.

Kibum stepped inside the room, walked through the bedroom and was embarassed to see girly stuffs like pink ballpens and pink undergarments.

"Is she a girl?" he said kicking the undies away.

He reached for Yoona's closet and was amazed by more girly stuffs. Below the clothes lying his books, he pulled it out and saw a paper ended up on the ground. He bent down to get it and obviously, to read it.

Kibum-ah,

You know there's a secret that I wanted to tell you, but I can't because I'm shy. The first time I saw you, I felt, I have seen you before. I felt the same way with Siwon, I don't know if you know him but everytime I'm with him I'm happy and worried when not, just like what I feel for you right now. I know it's forbidden for a human to fall for a genie like me, that's why Siwon told me he's going to wish me to become a human. But he was not able because he died on war that time, you know I was really happy when we first kissed I know it's an accident but I was really happy, I know you're not gonna feel the same but . . .

I LOVE YOU KIBUM!!!

SARANGHAE!!!

Loving you truly,

Yoona

Kibum's heart palpitated, he was really shocked after reading the letter. The books slammed on the ground when he accidentally dropped it, so Yoona heard the banging noise and ran to check on him.

"Oppa, ganchana?" she asked.

Kibum eyes were teary, but he did not show it to Yoona. He turned to his back, tightly holding the paper.

"Neh! I'm okay, I better go home now" stutteringly he said as he picked up his books.

Kibum walked out of the house still getting a hold of Yoona's letter. He went to his room and slammed the door. Kibum then read the letter once again and cried.

"Pabo (Crazy). Jeongmal pabo-yah! (Really crazy!)" he said.

 

~~~

 

Tuesday morning, Kibum went to Yoona's house and acted like nothing happened. They still walked to school together and Kibum was thinking nothing, except for the letter. When they reached the school, Kibum walked away without saying goodbye to Yoona that varied her.

"What's wrong with hyung?" Sungmin said.

"It's okay, maybe he's having hard time right now!" Yoona said.

After school, Yoona was walking towards the school gate when she saw Kibum passing by her. She pulled his arm that stopped him.

"Oppa! Are you okay?" she asked.

Kibum just smiled at her.

"Did you decide you're 2nd wish yet?" Yoona asked, while walking side by side with him.

"Ani, any suggestion?" Kibum smiled.

"Why don't you just wish for a special night for Tiffany-sshi?" Yoona suggested.

"Pabo-yah even though she's hurting she still thinks about it!" Kibum thought while clenching his fist.

"Okay, I wish for a special night with Tiffany, happy?" Kibum said.

Kibum walked away leaving Yoona dumbfounded.

"Bad oppa, if you only knew my feelings for you" she said.

Even though her heart was burning in pain, a wish is a wish, and so she fulfilled Kibum's wish.

 

~~~

 

Saturday night, and Kibum's wish. Yoona was sitting on the couch thinking of what could possibly happen. She's worrying too much, especially when the "Tiffany rejecting Kibum" idea pops into her mind.

"Tiffany-sshi Kibum oppa wants to see you at SM Gardens tonight at 6"

--Yoona

When Tiffany received the message, she felt weird.

"Kibum oppa? Waeyo? (Why?)" she asked herself.

Tiffany changed her clothes and went out of the house, going to the place where Yoona texted her. Still no idea why Kibum wants to see her.