Chapter 11

Magic of Love

"Hey! Chill Tiffany" Donghae chuckled as Tiffany moved her hands down to intertwine her fingers with his, still dragging him alongside. 

"Psh, why are you even stalking them?" When they stopped, the female crossed her arms in front of her chest and kicked her foot on the ground, twice. It was to show a sulky emotion towards her very first date.

"Nothing I just thought of, well, you know, Kibum's girlfriend's kinda pretty too--" he replied, preparing himself for a scold. "--You said Yoona is pretty and did not even notice my dress?" Tiffany murmured to herself. 

"Hey, are you jealous?" Donghae replied still, bringing his face near Tiffany's, who was surprised to see his sudden action. She was so surprised that an alien type of a beat started pumping her heart, slowly, then stronger. But instead of keeping it to her heart, Tiffany chose to exhaust it through pushing Donghae away. "Yah! I just asked you if you're jealous, why push me?" Donghae laughed.

Tiffany held her chest tighter and punched it once, twice, and many more--hoping to stop it from beating so fast. "Hey! Something wrong?" Donghae worried, when he noticed.

"Nothing, I just felt nervous since it's my first official date with a boy." She told him, but was stopped all of a sudden when she realized she just confessed a thing that she shouldn't say. Thank goodness Donghae took it as a joke and even mocked back. "Why, isn't Kibum a boy?" he joked.

"No, we never had this kind of date only friendly ones." She replied still, making it to a point that she won't be embrassed of it.

"Ohhh," a bright smile showed upon Donghae's face, "okay, shall we make this exciting?" Donghae invited, thinking that finally, he's one step higher from Kibum. "I shall show you the real Donghae today huh." He added.

The very first thing that Donghae did was pull his date towards this narrow street near his home. It was a lane of stalls and the opening path towards a small market. Although Tiffany is not used to the noisy, crowded and smelly environment, she still let herself to enjoy with Donghae's consort. 

"Hey, you, you couple, you look pretty good together, wanna buy something for your girlfriend?" the two of them both paused from walking when an old lady suddenly called unto them from her stall to their right. They even looked at each other when they realized what they just heard from the elder.

"Ahh ahjumma we're not a couple," Donghae said, then whispered, "yet."

"Ohh it's still the same! Don't worry, the girl's gonna answer you if you buy my products." The ahjumma added that made the two of them to giggle. She's one smart-talker.

"Oppa" Tiffany poked Donghae's shoulder then pointed at one of what the ahjumma's been selling. And so, Donghae brought out $1 from his wallet and bought the hair clip that has a pink flower design, Tiffany's favorite color. Then after that, they walked around the market and continued to play. They even joke stall sellers, playing with the items without permission.

"YAH! STOP PLAYING WITH THAT!" one of their victims yelled when they almost broke the porcelein image from one Chinese store.

They were almost caught that time but they still did not stop playing on the things until they accidentally broke a glass from one of the utensil stores. The seller was so angry that he chased them until they got tired.

"Keep running Tiff!" Donghae screamed while dragging Tiffany with him, the lady feeling the tiredness from all the chasing. But they did not stop running. In fact, they ran, and ran until they saw a small restaurant and hid there. The two ducked down below the window, did not get out until they heard the voices of the angry mob pass by. 

When the screaming people left the street, the two stood up on their feet again, only to hear their own stomachs growl in their tummies. "Ohh I'm hungry! Let's eat!" Tiffany invited, stretching out her hand to the guy with her.

Donghae, before taking her hand, looked at his wallet and saw $20 left in his money. He saved this only to buy Tiffany a gift, but he didn't think he could buy her that special material. Tiffany giggled when she noticed it.

"It's okay oppa it's my treat!" she said as she pulled her towards a seat inside the simple fast food restaurant.

Donghae was embrassed for as the guy he should be the one treating her. But Tiffany just won't let him work on this date by his own, she should help him 'cause it takes two to tango. "Just pick whatever you like." Tiffany smiled before looking at the menu list.

 

 

"Ahhh, I'm so full!" Tiffany stretched out her two arms in the air and smiled. However, in the midst of being all poised and porper, an unexpected event happpened. She burped. Shocked, Donghae turned to look at her, chuckling. "Uhmm, excuse me." She rapidly covered with her right hand, embarassed.

"Come on, let's take a walk so we can digest the food the we eat." The guy pointed his head towards the door as an offer for a short stroll. Tiffany did not disappoint him as well and agreed to take his hand with hers.

"Thanks for today oppa!" Tiffany said walking backwards, her smile stretched out to something wider than before. "It was really fun!" she added.

"I'm glad." And it was true, Donghae was really glad that Tiffany enjoyed his companionship and even ate at a simple fast food restaurant with him. The more he hangs out with her, the more he falls deeply in love with the pretty girl. 

"A little. The next time I'll show you mine!" she replied to him, glancing back to check if she's about to step unto something. 

"This date won't end yet, I still want to buy something for you, c'mon!" Without any hesitations, Donghae held Tiffany's hands and dragged her with him back at the rows of stalls where they almost got arrested. Tiffany even worried at first but the great bully just told her that they wouldn't recognize them.

Since she doesn't have any other options, Tiffany let go of the negative feelings and just hopped along with the guy. It was a little while when they arrived at some toy store in the middle of the street and there, Donghae immediately searched for the bear he saw on sale. He ran as fast as lightning, hoping that he gift is still there. And he was not disappointed for when he stopped by in front of the store, there was his gift lodging at its divider.

"Thank God it's still here." He whispered to himself before taking Tiffany with him inside a Stuff Toy Shop.

Inside, Donghae stood in front of this huge pink teddy bear and was about to get it when another guy from nowhere appeared to get it. "Ah with all due respect sir, I saw this first." The great bully spoke with respect and love. "Really? Well, this is a public store, it comes with a rule first come first serve." The guy replied, sounding more like a bully than him. 

But Donghae, as titled as the guy who has the shortest temper, took the guy by his collar and lifted him up 2 inches from the ground with all his might. "I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to take it!" his teeth rattled as he spoke bravely towards the other.

The guy couldn't do anything but to drop the bear as an exchange for Donghae's chivalry. He did not beg for it but Donghae knew that he almost did. Nevertheless, he bent down to get the bear and immediately paid for it before any other could get it from him. And because Donghae didn't want for Tiffany to be worried, he decided to make it fast towards her.

"Wow oppa, it's cute, I like it, but why "I LOVE D?" The lady cheerfully squealed the moment she saw the pink stuff. It's never deleted in her list, the color pink. "Ahhh maybe I love Duck, I love Dog, I love Disney, I love Dragons." Tiffany suddenly hugged the bear after blurting out upsetting words to Donghae. He really chose that bear because it wears an 'I love D' shirt.

"What? You love dragons? It's I love Donghae, Donghae!" he exclaimed.

Tiffany just laughed by herself as she got out of the store first. Behind her went Donghae who moved with his hands closer and held Tiffany's. Without realizing it Tiffany walked normally. 

Until later, Donghae noticed that Tiffany was only staring at him, so he stopped walking and asked the lady what's wrong. "I just thought, am I fast if I told you I like you already?" she said, fluttering Donghae's heart. But he didn't want to be the easy-to-get guy so he acted as if he's not affected. He coughed.

"It's okay, don't rush yourself, I can wait if you want." On his face is the obvious smile that he couldn't resist to show after what he just heard.

 

 

It was the same morning when Kibum invited Yoona over for a stroll outside her house. Possibly, to also inhale some fresh morning air after some explicit prelim examinations. "I'm bored at home." He blurted before dropping his body down the genie's softy couch.

"You are?" Yoona worried. Genies sometimes think that they are to be partly blamed for their master's sadness and boredom. It's because stereotypes say that genies are slaves of their masters and they shall always make them comfortable and happy. 

"Yeah, can you go out with me for a moment?" Kibum stammered to ask. Well, it's his first time asking a girl to go out so he's kind of uncomfortable still.

"Eh?" Yoona did not know if she should be surprised or happy. She's been dreaming of going out on a date, and what more if it's with the guy she likes? She grinned at the thought.

"Just stroll with me outside and don't ask questions." Kibum said, pissed. But he genie continued to spat things. "How about Tiffany-sshi? Why don't you go out with her, and tell her the truth you that like her." Yoona shrugged her shoulders, after breaking the good news with her own bad report.

"How did you know I like her?" he blinked nervously. He suddenly thought that his genie's reading his mind. 

"I just knew it, and you told me that, don't you remember?" she replied with a light shake of her head. Her master must have forgotten about it already. 

"Let's buy some things for your house." For the hundredth time, Kibum's changing the subject ability worked on his genie again. She just can't resist his cuteness everytime he does that. 

"But I don't have money!" She exclaimed still, stating nothing but the fact.

"It's okay I have plenty!" Kibum joked with a sarcastic smile as he stood up from his seat and grabbed Yoona by the hand, dragging her along. "Huh! Yeah right, your mother's really gonna kill you." The genie chuckled while being pulled out of her house.

"When did you learn our accent?" Because of curiosity, Kibum all of a sudden turned to his back, not knowing that his genie was there, making his lips touch hers. They accidentally kissed, and admitted to have felt uncomfortable of it. When they pulled away from each other, Yoona touched her lips and Kibum proceeded.

 

 

While walking the two were noiseless. Both of them, shy to start a conversation that might end up to regrets. Until later on, Yoona had the courage to speak. She asked him about the feeling of taking the exam, but Kibum honestly didn't know what to answer since he did not took any tests at all. He was recommended to his present school by the Hwangs. Yoona, in amusement smiled.

She tried very hard to make him comfortable, as what the genie pledge has said, and despite the sudden happening smiled all her might to her master. Then they continued to talk to evaporate negative vibes until they reached the supermarket.

"Wow! So huge! Just like what Tiffany-sshi and I had gone into--no it's much bigger." She said like a child seeing a toy store for the first time.

Because of too much excitement, Yoona in glee pulled Kibum's hand and was gone to buy some foods for her little mansion. And while picking stuffs from the shelves,  the genie noticed people around them looking and whispering compliments about how good-looking they are as an individual, and as a couple.

"Wow what a cute young couple."

"Ah I remember the first time my husband and I bought our groceries."

"Wow, the guy looks cute."

The genie covered with the brochure they got outside the market, shy by the mob's pretty words. While Kibum across, cluelessly pushed the cart. 

"Oppa, this?" she said, holding up a carrot. It was actually to distract herself from blushing.

"Okay!" Kibum agreed with a swift nod. He's just easy to talk to, and because of it, Yoona picked more and more, not seeing that the cart is getting full. Kibum did not mind, moved on and skipped.

"Oppa, this one's cheaper." She lifted a pack of potato and threw it in the cart before moving on towards her favorite part of buying groceries, the meat. Only wondered her master is her new attitude of earning and saving money. "When did you learn to budget?" Kibum asked, curiosly.

"I am the great Yoona for budgeting!" she joked while pointing her thumb fingers to herself, may not be directly answering his question but was somehow useful to it.

They just both laughed at their own stuffs and proceeded to the cashier. "That totaled $100, Sir." The cashier reported, gazing hardly at Kibum, who I forgot to mention, removed his eyeglasses so he's looking really good this day.

"Uhh oppa so expensive should we decrease?" Yoona whispered to her master, that made the cashier envy of her.

Kibum did not say anything and brought out $100 dollars to pay for it, no ifs and no buts. Yoona just felt ashamed because Kibum paid for all of her expenses when she's supposed to support him and not the other way around.

 

 

As soon as they got home, Yoona checked her phone from her skirt pockets and was surprised to see a 3 missed calls from SM School of Arts. Suddenly she felt foolish of not answering important calls like these. She even frowned but regained her smiled to be confident. They will call again, she thought. And she was not wrong for right after a few seconds, her phone started ringing again.

"This is SM School of Arts, we would like to call Ms. Im Yoona to take the exam on Tuesday at 3:00 in the afternoon, we would be waiting for her."  Her jaw dropped after hanging up. She just couldn't believe that she made it to the next stage. She knew that she has to pass the exam, but just knowing that she has the oppportunity to do so already brings excitement to her. Suddenly, she looked at her master happily.

"Oppa, would you please tutor me?" she said as she dropped her hand down to her dress.

"Why? Did they call already?" he asked, slowly feeling the influence of her smile. Yoona gladly answered him in return and exaggeratedly pushed him to the couch to ask for his help. "Do you have any idea what you'd be answering?" Kibum asked still.

"No," she shook her head, "that's why I want you to help me!" she exclaimed more.

In the end, Kibum did as she say. He opened his elementary books for the first time again and thought of the possible result of this night. He wondered if Yoona could learn 6 years of elementary lessons, overnight.

"Music is a piece of art. The first music was created by the first civilization in Asia. Music is considered as a representation of ones feelings, it can be use as courting purposes, religious purposes and even for entertainment purposes--" while Kibum dictates the lessons Yoona was writing it on her notes.

In the middle of everything, Kibum got the chance to glance at his genie and noticed that she's pretty serious about this school thingy. It made him realize the old him during elementary, when he was still obsessed with studying. He's actually thankful that Tiffany brought him to a bigger world so he was changed for good.

"You okay?" Kibum cleared his throat when Yoona blinked at him. She probably noticed that he's just staring at her all the time. "Ahem, let's continue--" he said to the lady. Yoona just returned a smile and went back to what she's been doing. They continued on with their review until it's 6 in the evening, and when Kibum's mom called.

"Kibum-ah I'm worried where are you? I noticed you're going home late this past days." His mom scolded to her son who's not used to getting home late.

"Mom, I'm bored there so I visited my friends' house." He said, preparing for another blow from his Mom. "Friend's house or that Yoona's house?" he's not wrong about his mom like always, and she did ask.

"Mom, I'm safe okay, I'll just go home now." He turned to Yoona who's still busy learning the basics of Elementary algebra. Then he heard his Mom say, "Okay, I'm gonna prepare you dinner okay?" 

"Okay" he answered.

Eavesdropping to them, Yoona couldn't help but to be worried of her master. She knows that he knows that his Mom will scold him, but he still doesn't listen to her.  "You should go home now, let's just continue tomorrow" she said fixing her things back to how they were before.

"Sorry if I can't help you right now." He apologized for the interruption.

"It's okay, you helped a lot already." Finally, she stood from her seat and waved goodbye to her favorite guy.