Chapter 2

Magic of Love

Meters away from the center of the Dongjak district stands the Shin Yuhan High School. It's not just an ordinary school. SYHS is a school for the best of the best students, and when I say 'the best of the best' means both financially and academically.

You must go under the advance entrance exam--if you're a middle-class pupil--to get a scholarship, and must pay hundreds and millions of Korean Won to get in--for the high-class students. Totally a huge school to be in.

It's the most popular school after Seoul University, and some successful Korean icons came from the same academy, the reason also why it was called the 'High school of Stars.'

Some students got in because of their families' connections, just like the Hwang family. They are the sponsor of the school's scholarship programs and they support half-thousand students inside the academy. They're the giants of SYHS, and because of it, none tried to bully their only daughter. Not even a thought of doing it.

Mr. and Mrs. Hwang have a daughter, their only child. They treated her like a princess since she was born, but she grew up like a pauper; humble and kind. This girl was given the name of Tiffany, for she was born abroad. She usually gets special treatment from her teachers but not from her classmates. Most of them are scared of talking to her because they're afraid to get involved with a rich, rich girl like her. 

But there is one, who caught her attention. He is, Kim Kibum. 

"KIM KIBUM!" she shouted his name to the top of her lungs but he won't look. "Oppa," she begged and whined but still to no avail. "Oppa~" until later she got tired and broke down the road, "Oppa, stop walking please."

Kibum heard his bestfriend's cry so he stopped marching his feet and spun on his heels to save her from her suffering. He walked towards her and pulled his hands out of his pockets to offer her his chivalry. When she took his hand, Tiffany carried up her body. "Why did you keep on walking when I am calling you? Are you deaf?" she scolded at him but he kept his mouth shut until she's completely on her feet.

"You're the one who kept me waiting," Kibum calmly defended then stopped when he realized it. He's trying not to pick a fight with the lady.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Tiffany blinked her smiling eyes while dusting off her palms.

Kibum always walks Tiffany from her house to school and vice versa. Usually he's early and waits outside her house, and he's welcome in her home but because of cowardness he couldn't enter it. Kibum felt like something's holding him back from seeing Tiffany first, and that is his feelings for her. He didn't plan on falling for her, but his heart just won't listen to him so he did something to avoid it. He fought it with all his might.

"I was waiting for you a while ago." Softly he said, but Tiffany just pouted her lips just like how she usually does it. "Sorry oppa, I woke up late and I didn't realize the time."

Kibum couldn't do anything but to forgive her everytime she creates a mistake. Why you say? Because who could say 'no' to your first love? Right?

Still, his feelings for her all begun when he first saw her. It was a love at first sight. I'm not surprised that he's just like any other guys out there who was captured by the looks. Then eventually, his feelings grown deeper when he knew her well. It's the natural flow of unrequited love.

Hence in every story goes the antagonist, and in this chapter of his life, Kibum met the antagonist to his story. He is their another childhood friend, who was also in love at first sight with Tiffany. But only opposite to Kibum, he is a rebel and unkind. He loves to hurt him emotionally and mentally, but he couldn't touch Kibum physically because he's a coward himself. He's just using his smart-mouth to teasing people.

His name is the opposite of his attitude. He is a guy with dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and clothing that says 'I am awesome.' He was named Lee Donghae, meaning 'East Sea.' A calm sea is the name of a wild person, how paradoxical.

'Donghae the great bully' they call him, he's not rich but not poor. Just like Kibum, he's in the middle-class family. He could've been their best of friend, only if he didn't join his rebel peers.

"Hey nerd!" he called nastily to Kibum. Donghae moved closely to him and showed him his 'I am cool' smirk', while Kibum--ever since--didn't mind him. He just does what he does, leave and ignore him. "Heh! Who do you think you are, nerd?" he made a face behind the nerdy guy as he walked away.

"Pfft, I'm Tiffany's bestfriend." Kibum whispered to himself but it was loud enough for Donghae to hear. So, the great bully caught up to his prey and pulled him by his arm. "What did you just say?" his anger and patience were not really long when it comes to Kibum, and so, he grabbed Kibum by his collar and was about to punch him when Tiffany came and pushed him off of her bestfriend. It was just like the usual and normal scene.

"Hey, get away from my oppa!" It was already her best but Donghae just felt a tiny force from Tiffany's hands when she pushed him away. He felt glad that she touched him again but was snapped back to reality the moment he saw her standing in front of his prey.

"What? MY OPPA?!" the great bully's blood started to reach it's limit but Tiffany just looked bad at him. Her stares might not literally kill him, but it could emotionally struck him. He always wanted her to call him 'oppa.' His heart slowly breaks everytime he sees his love with his prey.

As soon as the afternoon arrived, Kibum left his room and was eager to go home. He's anticipating the documentary on the Nat-Geo Channel about the Meiji Era in Japanese. He walked as fast as he could, ignoring the people who were on his way even Tiffany who was waving her hands outside his classroom. Because ignoring people also means ignoring Tiffany, and even she noticed it.

"Oppa! Are you ignoring me?" asked her while catching up behind him.

"No, I'm just in a hurry. I'll miss the Japanese Era docu in the television." Kibum excused before rolling his eyes. Then he realized that Tiffany's already in front of him with her arms spread widely, stopping him from marching. "Whatever, I know you're ignoring me." She replied before coming to a stop in front of him. Kibum finally stopped and hissed, "I'm not, okay!" 

The young lad stepped his left foot, taking the left side to pass but Tiffany moved to her right to block him. Kibum moved to his right to pass but Tiffany still stood to stop him. Kibum paused struggling and thought of an escape route. But while scratching his forehead to the thought, he was surprised. The young lady suddenly stood on her toes and reached for him, touching his cheeks with her pair of candy lips. His eyes widened up.

Kibum's a young boy with a handsome features but he just doesn't want to admit it to himself. He's not confident about his looks. Probably the reason why Tiffany always makes him open his eyes to it. She's making him realize the gift that Kibum's been keeping to himself.

She even tried to remove his glasses once but he ended up locking himself in his room because of shyness. Ever since, Tiffany didn't force him to dress himself up nicely. She likes him the way he is anyway, she doesn't want him to change.

"Ignore me again and I might do it for the second time." She pouted her candy lips, rolled her eyes and continued on. Tiffany knew very well that Kibum's weakness is her kiss, even though she doesn't know why. I guess she's too innocent and too naive to know what's in Kibum's heart.