Chapter 6

Magic of Love

Just like Kibum's mom when she first saw Yoona, Tiffany thought wrong of Kibum and her. Even if she feels happy inside her, Tiffany is still unbelieving of it. "Hi, I'm Tiffany, Hwang Tiffany. You're?" Even still, she greeted Yoona with her warm smile. 

"I'm Yoona, just Yoona." Replied the lady in white that confused Tiffany. "Eh? Just Yoona? Don't you have surname?" the other young woman asked with a soft pout. And because Kibum must keep Yoona's identity of being a magical creature, he thought of a surname for her fast. "Im, her surname is Im." He said.

"Ah, Im!" snapped Tiffany before giggling. 

Kibum thought that everything will be fine and his explanations will end there, until Tiffany noticed the beautiful classic house behind them. dropped open from the view and blinked at it with amaze. She looked to her right and saw a garden of roses, and tulips to be added. She retrieved her hand from Yoona's to run to it and grabbed some yellow tulips. She wanted some roses too but it's full of thorns so she couldn't get some. 

Tiffany looked to her left and saw more greenies. She ran to the plants of tomato and picked some, then she washed it from the faucet near the plant and tasted it. The other two at their place just turned to look at each other in awe. Yoona looked at Kibum with a questioning expression but the guy just raised his shoulders.

"Hmm, sweet!" Both of them glanced at Tiffany again and saw her walking back to Yoona with a sparkling eyes. "Can we go in?" she begged. "Please!"

Again, the two exchanged stares with each other. Yoona just met Tiffany so she really doesn't know how to act right in front of her. And so, Kibum barged in to save her. "Okay Tiff, let's go in." He said, holding Tiffany by the hand then pulled her inside the house. 

"Wow! I'd never seen this before." Tiffany suddenly exclaimed from behind Kibum that made him to feel more nervous about things. How was he going to explain things for her? He couldn't even say that it was made by a Genie and that is Yoona. Tiffany would obviously think that he's crazy.

"Uh--uhmm, maybe you didn't notice." Kibum hid the stammered him, while Yoona nodded her head in agreement.

"Uhh okay, is this yours?" Tiffany then turned to face Yoona and gestured her hands and arms inside the huge house. Again, Yoona looked at Kibum, asking for a help but he's not looking back so she thought of an excused herself. "Uhmm, yes." Yoona delightfully replied. 

Tiffany felt inside her that she met a new best friend so she immediately pulled her hand off of Kibum's and happily linked her arms with Yoona's. As of Kibum who was surprised by it, just followed them from behind and had a tour until noon. Tiffany, although was the guest, volunteered to cook after a while, when she felt hungry from circling around inside the four corners. 

Then on the other side of the house went the fake couple who sat by the couch in the living room to wait. Kibum wanted to help Tiffany in the kitchen 'cause he knew how clumsy Tiffany is, but the lady insisted on doing it to herself. Even Yoona noticed how worried he was for the lady. 

"So she's Tiffany huh?" Yoona started in when both of them were caught in the middle of an awkward atmosphere of silence. Kibum nodded at her. "She's very beautiful, you are very lucky." Yoona added while looking at the kitchen's way. Kibum nodded again.

"Ouch!" It was right after Yoona's words that they suddenly heard a cry from the kitchen and ascertained that Tiffany hurt herself. Rapidly, Kibum stood up from his seat and ran towards the cooking room where Tiffany was, already holding the back of her right hand with her left. "Tiff! What happened?" 

The young man who was really worried got himself the first cloth he could see from the counter table and covered Tiffany's hand with it. The hurt lady though, noticed that Yoona was standing by the boundary and was staring at them together. And so, she rapidly got her hand back and smiled. "I'm okay."

"I'll help you." It was not an offer but rather an order. Kibum knew that if he offers help to Tiffany, she would not allow him. So, he decided to use his rock-head against her rock-head. "No I can do this." As expected from her, he knew that she would insist. Still, he glared at her in a scolding way. The young lady just bowed her head and listened. 

Kibum, besides being a boy of intelligence, is also good at cooking. He could slice the carrots just as fast as a professional chef, and could toss in the air the ingredients using the pan itself. Amazed Yoona come near him when he turned in front of the stove to cook in place of Tiffany.

"You know I want to be a human so I can cook like that too." She whispered to him that made the guy to crease his forehead in disbelief. "Why? Can you cook?" Kibum asked while cutting the potatoes to its thinnest slice. Yoona nodded hesitantly upon his question. Kibum snorted, "Liar."

"NO! I can really cook." Yoona defended herself though, proudly pointing at herself using her thumb fingers. 

"Oh really? Like what?" Kibum asked again, this time in a curious tone. The lady genie just smiled genuinely at him and said, "I can cook rice." Kibum chuckled.

"Everyone can cook rice." He explained to her. 

"Pfft, everyone can cook rice but can they cook it good?" Yoona proudly replied to her master in a way that could tell him that she can cook it better than him. 

Kibum did not bother to attack more, and while the two of them were busy laughing and chatting about cooking, Tiffany at the counter table was silent. She just couldn't help but to think that Kibum's finally happy with somebody else, and hoped that Yoona could change his negative side into a good one. She kept quite and left them happy together.

After half an hour, Kibum finally finished cooking the food and served it with the help of his newly assistant, the genie Yoona. They invited Tiffany over the seat across, then settled down on the seats beside each other. By this, everyone started eating the delicious looking meal. But it was really quite for the rest of the time for no one wanted to speak. Until later on, Kibum broke the ice. 

"Tiff," he started, "please do not tell mom that she is here. She doesn't know that Yoona's here." He looked at her in the eyes and pleaded. Tiffany knew nothing about their situation but all she thought of is that Kibum's a coward that he couldn't face Yoona in front of his parents. Kibum has to change this attitude of him, she thought. 

It really bothers Tiffany to keep this secret, not because she doesn't like Yoona but rather because she does like her. Why would Kibum hide her from his parents when Yoona's a brilliant lady. 

They finished up their lunch after a few while and assigned Yoona to clean up the table. She's actually good at doing household chores so she ended up volunteering for it. And while she was busy, Tiffany came to say goodbye. 

"Oppa, I'm leaving!" she said from the living room. 

Thinking that he had to do it, Kibum immediately ran towards the living without saying anything to Yoona. He was in a hurry because he supposed he could walk her out even before she could leave. By that, he was gone from Yoona's sight. She, on the other hand, continued doing her thing and thought about how beautiful Kibum and Tiffany could be once they become together. But deeper in her, she felt something uneasy. 

"Would that be even possible?" she whispered to herself while rubbing the sponge of bubbles on the inner circle of the plate she's holding. Then it was the last plate when she felt somebody behind her again. "What are you murmuring about?" She thought he wouldn't come back, but there he was, Kim Kibum.

"You scared me." She stammered to herself that she accidentally put her soap-y hand on her chest. The water drops slowly dominated her dress but she didn't mind. Kibum didn't care at it first too, until he saw Yoona's skin from beneath slowly showing through the cloth. So he immediately grabbed a towel from the counter and threw it to her face. "Cover yourself." He stuttered.

"I didn't know genies are scared." He even tried to change the topic before Yoona could notice. Then he rapidly walked towards the kitchen.

"Of course we are. We also have feelings, but humanity don't realize that." The genie exclaimed while trailing behind Kibum and while wiping herself with the towel. "Can I share you a story?" Yoona added. 

"I don't mind." Kibum shrugged his shoulders, hastily forgetting what he saw a moments ago. 

"Once upon a time there was this girl. She is not the simple girl you knew, she is immortal, powerful. But she is tired of being one. Every human wished upon her and they only wish for themselves. She thought one day she will find someone who will love her for her and will set her free from being immortal." Yoona's voice was shaking as she tell the story. She was just standing there but she felt like the gravity's pulling her whole body down the ground. 

"Like you?" blurted Kibum. As expected from him, he thinks wider than a normal human. He's a total observant and has a good logic. "You're so smart!" complimented Yoona with her fullest sincerity. 

"Thank you, I guess." Kibum answered still, looking at her then back at his front. 

"You know the girl waited for so long already. She got tired of waiting, and she's afraid she would be the same forever." The lady concluded before returning back to the kitchen to resume her work. Kibum suddenly set his mind to what she has said.