Chapter 4

Magic of Love

In his dreamland, Kibum was strolling through their streets with a lady. The girl's face was blurry from his sight and so he couldn't recognize it. Still, all he automatically believed is that it was Tiffany. His dream was too good to be true so he ruined it himself by waking up, and as soon as he opened his eyes he saw an apparition of a lady that looks like the one in his dream, but he just closed his eyes again thinking it's still his imagination.

"Get lost dream girl." He thought as he face the other side of his bed, still unconscious and unbelieving. But everything snapped out of him when he felt a hand touching him by his arm. He felt weird at first but realized it's getting warmer. He rapidly turned around to see that the lady was not a just dream but real.

"W-who a-are you?!" he stuttered while crawling back to avoid the stranger. 

The girl was thunderstruck by him, she was really surprised from Kibum's yell. But even in her shocked expression, the lady was still pretty, and she slowly got into Kibum. "Oh I'm sorry, I into your life." She said with an anxious look. Kibum panicked more.

He continued to move backwards on his bed while studying the lady. He was shaking when he reached out for his glasses on his side table, but the lady on the other hand waved her hand to the panicking boy. "Oh don't be scared, I'll not hurt you." She said with her sweet calming voice.

"A-a-re you a-a t-t-thief?! Why are you in my room?" Kibum bravely asked, but still could hear his fear from his voice. The lady just chuckled at him before pouting her thin pink lips. "What thief? You are no gentleman young man." She shook her head and wagged her index finger first, "I am Yoona the Genie." Then introduced herself beautifully.

Just beside Kibum's room was his parents', and so they could hear his cry from their wall. His mom who was really worried like she normally does, stood up really fast from her bed and ran to check him in his room. Bam. Bam. Bam. "Kibum, Kim Kibum, are you okay?" she immediately knocked at his door while turning his locked knob a few times.

In this kind of situation, Kibum expected that misunderstanding will prevail, and so, he started to panic more. Shaking on his own, Kibum stood up from his bed and hesitantly pulled the lady towards his human-sized closet. His mom's knocks become louder than it was so Kibum felt the adrenaline running in his veins. "Hide in there first. Don't go out until I told you so, okay?" 

The lady nodded obediently while covering with her palms. Kibum, despite the fear in him carefully closed his closet and ran to approach his mom. He posed normally against his wall and acted like nothing's happening when he opened the door. Kibum looked at his Mom like he just woke up from her knocks and blinked innocently. "I heard you scream, what's the problem?" asked his mom.

"What? Who, what?" he blinked at her fast then scratched his head. "A scream," his Mom crossed her arms, "I heard a scream from you." 

"I didn't hear anything." Kibum shook his head lifelessly, still in the act of sleepy-head. His mom just breathed in deeply, then out. "Okay. Go back to sleep. You still have to visit Tiff tomorrow." In the end, Kibum succeed in pretending again. 

Sometimes, Kibum thinks of getting acting as his career in his future. Because as he grew up, he learned to make his parents believe every time he's playing a drama every time they're scolding him because of being immature. 

"Okay Mom, Good night!" Kibum waved his hands lazily at his Mom and bid her good night. Then, he rapidly closed his door to check if the Genie is still there in his closet. Kibum's mom was surprised with the slamming sound of a door suddenly being closed. She looked back at her son's door again and blinked.

But because of the thought that maybe she's just over-thinking about things that's why she suddenly heard a scream, Kibum's Mom decided to let that go and go back to sleep. And so, she walked back to her room peacefully and returned to her own dreamland.

Her son on the other hand, was still in doubt of the lady with him as he get her out of his closet. He was almost forcing her but Kibum thought that he's still a gentleman so even if she's a bad person, he should be respecting her. "Are you really a--Genie?" Kibum asked the lady with his arms crossed.

"Yes, I am really a genie." The beautiful Yoona nodded firmly while imitating Kibum's crossing of arms. Kibum's eyebrows met when he noticed of it. "Hey! Don't joke around." He raised an eyebrow at her and cocked his head to one side. He still doesn't believe to everything she says.

"Don't you believe in me?" she asked with a soft pout, Kibum just shook his head in return. "If I do, I wouldn't ask who you are." Kibum replied with a sarcastic smile on his face. The lady grinned cutely at him then giggled. "You are one smart-mouth eh?"

The young woman then sat on the edge of his bed and tapped the space beside her three times, ordering him to sit there with her. Kibum at first hesitantly followed her orders, slowly walking towards her. "If you want to know if I am real, make it fast and sit here!" But even so, Kibum did as she says and sat beside her, then waited.

Yoona searched around the room, looking for something to demo her magic. However, she couldn't find anything else around but his eyeglasses where her sparkling eyes landed. The said-genie spread out her palms in front of her and motioned for the lad to hand her his glasses. Kibum wanted it to be over and done so he heeded as she instructed and gave her her request.

"You're much handsome without this." She even turned to compliment the guy when she noticed the huge difference in him without the glasses. Kibum's unexpressive face all of a sudden turned red. The compliment that flew from to his ears made him look to the other side, and while he was busy absorbing what she said, Kibum was surprised. The genie dropped his glasses on the floor then stepped on it. Kibum's eyes widened up when he realized that his glasses are divided into unequal pieces on the floor. 

"Hey! What do you think you're doing? Why did you break my glasses?" he complained in despair. Kibum was born with his blurry eyes so he couldn't live without his glasses. It's always been part of his everyday life.

"I thought you want me to prove that I am a real genie?" Yoona calmly replied while tilting her head to one side. Kibum hang his head to the back, closed his eyes and deeply sighed. "You'll not make me wish to fix that, right?" Kibum smartly asked with his eyes still closed, expecting that to happen. But the genie shook her head, "No. It's a free magic." 

Kibum opened his eyes again and rolled it like he doesn't believe her. He wasn't expecting that there is such thing as 'free magic.' It's ridiculous he thought. But still, there's nothing wrong if he believe her for a minute. And so, Kibum relaxed his body to the thought. He just watched the genie as she waved her hand in a magical way and with a blink of an eye, his eyeglasses were fixed.

It's not usual for a human of the present time to see things like magic, so Kibum fainted after realizing what just happened. He suddenly tumbled on his bed that made Yoona beside him panic. The genie hastily stood up on her feet and started to pace back and forth from her place. She's not really a girl scout so she doesn't have any idea on what to do. She tried slapping his face a few times but to no use.

"Hey, wake up!" She shook his body almost violently but still no response, "What should I do? Ohh wake up! Awake please!"

It was the next morning when Mrs. Kim decided to prepare her son a glass of milk. As a mom, she thought that milk in the morning would give him enough energy for the rest of his day. She immediately delivered the warm drink to her son's room and was eager to greet him first in the morning when--"AHHHHH!" the glass of milk suddenly slipped off of her hand and because of the breaking sound, Kibum was halfly awakened. 

Mrs. Kim rapidly walked towards the bed, not minding the broken pieces of the glass she dropped to shake her son from his half-sleep. The lad though, doesn't have a clue about what's happening, until he saw Yoona lying peacefully in his arms.